IGNORED

One Bedroom Condo In Unixx South Pattaya Available. 15,000 per month

axiomatic

Fully-equipped one bedroom on the 27th floor of Unixx. The unit will become available on Feb 25th 2023, but viewings can be arranged before that. The current resident is going back to Europe.

Price 15k Per month for a year (preferred). 

Pictures here. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3000333006940714

I cannot seem to upload images directly to the forum.

This apartment has everything you need to stay comfortably in Pattaya and is in excellent condition. Many items including the main TV (Samsung 58 inch smart TV), washing machine, rice cooker, vacuum cleaner, safe, electronic door lock, iron and fan were all bought new in October 2022. The mattress, towels and bedding are also new.

The unit is spacious enough for one person and adequate for a couple. The bedroom has a desk area with a good quality chair that can be used as a workspace.  For a one bedroom, there is decent storage and I have also provided plenty of extra Stax plastic storage boxes because everyone accumulates stuff and it needs to go somewhere.

The kitchen is small, but well equipped.  You will have all the plates, cups and cutlery you need.  In addition, there are good quality pots and pans as well as a rice cooker and air-fryer. The fridge / freezer is big enough and the microwave works well.

Views shown in the pictures are the actual views from the condo itself. You can get even better views if you go up to the Sky gardens on floors 37 and 44. Good for watching the fireworks etc. On the balcony, there is a new washing machine, a seating area and a laundry rack. It is quite practical to do your own laundry in this unit. If you don't fancy that, the condo has a laundry room on the 5th floor - you have to pay for that though.

For security, an electronic Yale lock has been fitted, which uses a code or card (provided). There is also the standard main door lock for added security, if you choose to use it.  The room has a safe (that works) which can hold a fair amount.

This unit is located in Unixx South Pattaya, next to a large park and only a few minutes stroll from Walking Street. It has easy access to Pratumnak as well as the central zone. The condo provides a free shuttle bus service to and from Terminal 21 (along 2nd road and returning via beach road with hop on / off)  six times per day. It is also very close to the Baht bus route, if you prefer that.

The condo building has free residents parking, a sauna, two pools (one outdoor in the garden, one infinity style on floor 6) , a meeting room and a gym. There is also card based elevator floor access and 24H security.

Terms:

I will only consider leases of 6 months or more.  I prefer a year. 

15,000 Baht per month for one year lease. 17,000 Baht per month for 6 months.

One month deposit. 

CAM fee, insurances (building & unit) and property taxes paid by the landlord.

Utilities (water, electricity and internet) paid by the tenant.

Electricity is at government rate and water is charged by the condo at 35 baht per unit. The current internet deal is about 200 baht per month.  You can opt to continue with that (I would) or get another deal. I doubt you will find cheaper nowadays. The router is AIS and the speed is good. 

Viewing possible anytime from Jan 20th to Feb 24th. The unit will only be vacant on Feb 25th though.

28 minutes ago, Thomaz73 said:

Auch! Are there different sizes of 1 br's? Stayed there not long ago and it was 8000 pr month. 

Times have changed. During Covid and until maybe October 2021, you could find units under 10K. Nowadays, it is just not the case. If you are prepared to live on a very low floor, with no washer, garden furniture in the living room and a Thai landlord that will probably try to keep your deposit, then there may be a few in the 10K range left.  The recent influx of Russians really changed the price dynamic. In addition, now the Chinese are gradually returning, more long term rental supply will be drawn off the market to serve as Airbnb rooms.  I have already have 3 offers from these short term rental companies for the unit, but though the money is tempting, I don't want to hammer my apartment. 

In the building the one bedroom units are all 34-35m2. Most of the one bedrooms advertised are in fact studios. 

6 hours ago, axiomatic said:

If you are prepared to live on a very low floor, with no washer, garden furniture in the living room and a Thai landlord that will probably try to keep your deposit, then there may be a few in the 10K range left.

Yes true on the most part. 

I visited a girl living in a low floor studio, no TV and not much furniture for only 4,500b / month for a 1 year lease. The bed was comfortable. 

I liked the air-conditioned lobby with plenty of comfortable seating. 

Seemed like a secure building and close to walking st. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Franko2018 said:

Yes true on the most part. 

I visited a girl living in a low floor studio, no TV and not much furniture for only 4,500b / month for a 1 year lease. The bed was comfortable. 

I liked the air-conditioned lobby with plenty of comfortable seating. 

Seemed like a secure building and close to walking st. 

That landlord is extremely stupid.  He has to pay 1350 baht a month in CAM fees, plus deal with repairs etc. Meaning he will net about 3K or less.  I am thinking this lease is a relic of Covid times. He could rent to a ST rental company for 7-12K tomorrow (depending on the furnishings) for a studio. 

During Covid, I was renting my one bedrooms in Unixx for 8K and my two bedrooms for 15K. Now, I have one two bedroom rented at 22k, another at 20k, and 15th floor 1 bedroom for 13.5k. This one bedroom (27th floor) is listed at 15k.  It is better equipped than the vast majority of units and the pricing is consistent with what other apartments in the building are renting for (new leases signed in Dec 22 or Jan 23). 

I'm sorry that prices are moving up.  It will be unpopular with many people here, who are largely renters.  However, when prices plunged during the pandemic and the landlords sucked it up, there was not much sympathy to be found. 

1 hour ago, axiomatic said:

I am thinking this lease is a relic of Covid times.

The lease was signed and started September 1st 2022.

The studio has a single bed 1.5 meters. Has AC and a full size refrigerator. Has the basic cooking utensils. 

I did not notice other things. 

Obviously Thai renting to Thai. 

1 hour ago, axiomatic said:

I'm sorry that prices are moving up. 

Prices change and that's a fact. Another fact it well equipped condos with a nice veiw cost more. You need to ask for what your condo is worth. Edit: I meant if it's with 15k to 17k to you than that's what you need to ask for without being sorry about it. I am definitely not knocking your asking price. Like I said in my 1st post I like the location and the lobby of the building. 

Hope you fix the issue with uploading photos because as the saying goes a picture is worth a 1000 words. 

Edited by Franko2018

5 minutes ago, Franko2018 said:

Hope you fix the issue with uploading photos

The provided link in OP works fine for me

17 minutes ago, Kandinski said:

The provided link in OP works fine for me

8 hours ago, axiomatic said:

I cannot seem to upload images directly to the forum

Having photos uploaded directly helps because not everyone checks links. 

9 hours ago, axiomatic said:

Fully-equipped one bedroom on the 27th floor of Unixx. The unit will become available on Feb 25th 2023, but viewings can be arranged before that. The current resident is going back to Europe.

Price 15k Per month for a year (preferred). 

Pictures here. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3000333006940714

I cannot seem to upload images directly to the forum.

This apartment has everything you need to stay comfortably in Pattaya and is in excellent condition. Many items including the main TV (Samsung 58 inch smart TV), washing machine, rice cooker, vacuum cleaner, safe, electronic door lock, iron and fan were all bought new in October 2022. The mattress, towels and bedding are also new.

The unit is spacious enough for one person and adequate for a couple. The bedroom has a desk area with a good quality chair that can be used as a workspace.  For a one bedroom, there is decent storage and I have also provided plenty of extra Stax plastic storage boxes because everyone accumulates stuff and it needs to go somewhere.

The kitchen is small, but well equipped.  You will have all the plates, cups and cutlery you need.  In addition, there are good quality pots and pans as well as a rice cooker and air-fryer. The fridge / freezer is big enough and the microwave works well.

Views shown in the pictures are the actual views from the condo itself. You can get even better views if you go up to the Sky gardens on floors 37 and 44. Good for watching the fireworks etc. On the balcony, there is a new washing machine, a seating area and a laundry rack. It is quite practical to do your own laundry in this unit. If you don't fancy that, the condo has a laundry room on the 5th floor - you have to pay for that though.

For security, an electronic Yale lock has been fitted, which uses a code or card (provided). There is also the standard main door lock for added security, if you choose to use it.  The room has a safe (that works) which can hold a fair amount.

This unit is located in Unixx South Pattaya, next to a large park and only a few minutes stroll from Walking Street. It has easy access to Pratumnak as well as the central zone. The condo provides a free shuttle bus service to and from Terminal 21 (along 2nd road and returning via beach road with hop on / off)  six times per day. It is also very close to the Baht bus route, if you prefer that.

The condo building has free residents parking, a sauna, two pools (one outdoor in the garden, one infinity style on floor 6) , a meeting room and a gym. There is also card based elevator floor access and 24H security.

Terms:

I will only consider leases of 6 months or more.  I prefer a year. 

15,000 Baht per month for one year lease. 17,000 Baht per month for 6 months.

One month deposit. 

CAM fee, insurances (building & unit) and property taxes paid by the landlord.

Utilities (water, electricity and internet) paid by the tenant.

Electricity is at government rate and water is charged by the condo at 35 baht per unit. The current internet deal is about 200 baht per month.  You can opt to continue with that (I would) or get another deal. I doubt you will find cheaper nowadays. The router is AIS and the speed is good. 

Viewing possible anytime from Jan 20th to Feb 24th. The unit will only be vacant on Feb 25th though.

8 hours ago, Thomaz73 said:

Auch! Are there different sizes of 1 br's? Stayed there not long ago and it was 8000 pr month. 

This is the trend now price wise, as I move to ex-pat this year I have been watching prices closely and understand @axiomatics reasoning. In fact one condo I followed was available covid era @12k, then last September went up to 15k by November 18k (not let out?), now it is still on the market @ 22k. My hope is that the uptrend in the market is temporary in long term rental but TIT, I doubt prices will reduce.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, geezerrb said:

This is the trend now price wise, as I move to ex-pat this year I have been watching prices closely and understand @axiomatics reasoning. In fact one condo I followed was available covid era @12k, then last September went up to 15k by November 18k (not let out?), now it is still on the market @ 22k. My hope is that the uptrend in the market is temporary in long term rental but TIT, I doubt prices will reduce.

Rental prices in Pattaya swing around wildly. Compared to other markets in which I have rented in, it's extreme here.  Due to AirBnb and its copyists, tourism is now the major driving force.  Condo supply is effectively removed at scale from the long term rental market and used as hotel rooms. In some buildings this figure handily exceeds 50% of the total units. The number of expat renters (core demand) is another factor.  Moreover, there is new supply.  Due to Covid, not much was built and even today there is not a whole lot of new construction going on at least in the central areas.  The result will be constrained supply for the next 2-3 years, as condos can't go up overnight.

The recent (large scale) exodus from Russia is an exceptional catalyst.  There are thousands upon thousands of Russians in the city now and many of them are youngish guys who brought their wife and kids.  Mostly, they are remote workers, who can work wherever they have a keyboard.  The language schools are flooded with them for EDU visas and many will end up becoming long term residents. This phenomenon has particularly impacted pricing of two bedroom units. Why these guys with kids chose central Pattaya is a mystery to me.  I know there are decent international schools here, but if it was my choice, i would never bring a young family here. Maybe east Pattaya or the Darkside, but living in the center or close to it is just odd. 

So for pricing we have these factors driving prices up:

1) Limited new supply

2) Airbnb sucking up former LT rental units

3) More expats coming to LoS for retirement post-covid.

4) The Russian influx

5) Chinese beginning to return and seeking escape from China. Some will rent, many will buy, further curtailing supply. Recent crackdowns on Thai nominee shareholders mean that the legality of holding property in Thai company name is shakier than it ever was.  Most purchasing demand is going  to fall on modern condo buildings and specifically FQ units. If sales prices increase, rents will follow. 

On the other hand, the only factors I can see depressing prices would be a severe global recession or a Covid resurgence. 

From 2016 - 2023 my Unixx condos have swung between these rental prices:

One bedroom: Low 8K, High 18K

Two bedroom: Low 15K, High 30K

The highest rents achieved were back in 2016, when the building was new and the baht was far weaker. 

12 hours ago, Franko2018 said:

The lease was signed and started September 1st 2022.

The studio has a single bed 1.5 meters. Has AC and a full size refrigerator. Has the basic cooking utensils. 

I did not notice other things. 

Obviously Thai renting to Thai. 

I cannot understand that landlord. As I said, the minimum offer for a studio (for a badly furnished studio) is now 7K from a ST rental firm. However, I think even they expect a sofa and a TV. Maybe he does not want to spend any money at all, but it really makes no sense.  He could buy a cheap 2nd hand sofa, coffee table and tv on FB marketplace and recoup those costs in a month. 

Anyway, thanks for pointing this one out. There are definitely far fewer young, hot Thai girls in the building than when I got here in 2022. There used to be eye candy everywhere.  Now, it is vastly reduced.  I take that as a symptom of rising prices in the building. The exception to this are the foreign freelancers, who continue to be numerous - though not generally attractive.  

As for the pictures, I have no clue what is wrong. I tried larger files, smaller files and different file formats.  All failed to upload. Now, it appears functional. 63e1647fa3f24ddb7c09376cbbd2048.thumb.jpg.dae99d8f908c81083525a0256c0f1fc4.jpg5d7fbb59eb47c15f89f54688bbe5640.thumb.jpg.21d004b5519e25145fcbe1a881185255.jpg6f42673f2a4371bf57326db134adcee.thumb.jpg.349ab71aad5cb5b2471c0d3850a7be36.jpg4a00eb1b1d34d3bfdbc900c8fe9ec3e.thumb.jpg.41197e7e28e9522d4165d39a27b44b18.jpg603d7d254e0a1a34914d7373efeeb99.thumb.jpg.95d778bb6c9ae370a93bfe6618648ae2.jpgae93738d16e134d5526053a4731606f.thumb.jpg.978c36d03678b006faa335e939f6b6e7.jpg646cd47513b071f0f9268c1168eca2f.thumb.jpg.96d1c74dd0ced8104e6fc3af676da184.jpgfb7dea4303851f1f0ec562371d69b01.thumb.jpg.fc949bb01ea7588d0311e645f8ddd7fd.jpg94242866.jpg.acc17fd1f865ae21947bb4857819573f.jpg319672648.jpg.044625b87bd8d96f6ffd985227ea3a9b.jpgunixx_south_pattaya-3641-125b1.jpg.1d86697ac579278cf56f1d0f6c2d2e20.jpg2577198_17082220580055597156.thumb.jpg.bcbd83aa86e04c2f82990d593cd3448d.jpg77870014.jpg.9f920086a2a6e0bfa98d686cd4f5f1e1.jpg

9579e2cd1da94dd92c56a090756ef8d.jpg

ada54156c7620ffaa6083f0ca298933.jpg

fe430ee96152a12dfa5912269a49b43.jpg

00b1881af1acd0fb99e55868e38a5b9.jpg

6ac7d7f841b9714b6fe61321f392f4d.jpg

67cdfb9ef74c17b776a063328cd2687.jpg

99d6c48a4ae953099303c16dd21b6bb.jpg

603d7d254e0a1a34914d7373efeeb99.jpg

828b2ab8e2995d17ec7ed259d07e490.jpg

1180617cf3ab050b1b0ccdd79abbcf1.jpg

ceeb20799e7d31cb25aa7f1a085b46e.jpg

dcdb2630b0be6f711b05c5d13d80b75.jpg

f2f8e3a8b0c2ea695280027113c02ce.jpg

Edited by axiomatic

Sat next to a young Russian guy on the baht bus clutching a three month rental contract. Guess the age demographic is changing too with younger Russians escaping the next round of conscriptions. 

19 hours ago, AndyCBKK said:

Sat next to a young Russian guy on the baht bus clutching a three month rental contract. Guess the age demographic is changing too with younger Russians escaping the next round of conscriptions. 

Very much changing.  The majority of the new Russians appear to be in their 30's, with some younger than that. I am sure the avoidance of the draft is the major impetus. If there is a new round of conscription for the Russian Federation, there will likely be even more of them. 

They can actually legally avoid the draft by going abroad. If they are not personally served with conscription papers, then they have no obligation to attend the recruitment center. The goal is to avoid getting served the papers by being gone. 

I have actually had 2 Russians answer my AD.  Both however were looking for short term (1-3 months) and I am not interested in that.  It could indicate that the surge in the number of Russians here is only temporary. Personally, I think it will last as long as the conflict does. 

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Bira said:

I'm interested. Is it still available?

Yes, the unit is still available from Feb 25th. 

So far, the people who contacted me want short term rents or want to move in immediately.  

On 21/01/2023 at 12:22, axiomatic said:

In addition, now the Chinese are gradually returning, more long term rental supply will be drawn off the market to serve as Airbnb rooms.

Yeah  I reckon they will impact the market significantly; I know if I were Chinese, I'd be looking to get out...

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

1 hour ago, Billy Baht said:

Yeah  I reckon they will impact the market significantly; I know if I were Chinese, I'd be looking to get out...

On Feb 8th, Chinese group tourism will restart.  It is a major source of custom for real estate sales. 

The Chinese are not as cash rich as they used to be, but I agree with you that more of them are now seeking an exit.  Thailand would rarely be the 1st choice overseas for Chinese, but it is a question of where they can get the visa they need.