Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Invitation letter to the USA

apc

Hello,

I've a Thai friend who just asked me to write an invitation letter that she could include with her visa application to the US. I've found the typical internet sites that say what to include. But is there an official list of things that the consular would want to see?

https://www.immi-usa.com/invitation-letter-visa/  

The site lists the information needed and has a sample letter. I don’t know if there is an official list of things needed, since the invitation letter isn’t mandatory. 

Edited by forqalso
  • Like 2

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill

13 hours ago, WhiteThai said:

Which visa is she applying for?

tourist, she is hoping to be able to get a 10 year one.

Unless she's a wealthy business owner, she's about to find out that no Thai lady who is poor and single is getting a tourist visa for the US, no matter what kind of letter you write for her.

If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

If you give them any reason to think you're her boyfriend, it'll probably do more harm than good.

This would give them reason to be suspicious she will overstay a non immigrant visa to be with you.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/01/2023 at 11:51, Buddy Edgewood said:

Unless she's a wealthy business owner, she's about to find out that no Thai lady who is poor and single is getting a tourist visa for the US, no matter what kind of letter you write for her.

This is not true.  If she has a stream of income and assets in Thailand she can qualify. Not needing to be wealthy.

Jack

• Like 2

On 18/01/2023 at 11:51, Buddy Edgewood said:

I once met a guy who worked in the US Consulate in Bangkok and said pretty much the same thing.  He said absolutely not true,  If they are a normal Thai person with assets in Thailand, a job, a bank account that has shown regular deposits and withdrawals consistent with having a real job, they easily get a tourist visa.

He also said they are very good at detecting hookers and they do not get a visa.

FWIW

• Like 3

16 hours ago, axunjaxn said:

This is not true.  If she has a stream of income and assets in Thailand she can qualify. Not needing to be wealthy.

Jack

From recent experience, US Immigration does not look at income stream when determining whether a Thai person receives a tourist visa.  My TGF, who has never worked bar, has a great job with a relatively high income stream and owns her own home.  Immigration didn't even review income/assets, and denied her visa application without explanation.  Her sister on the other hand, owns a mid-sized accounting firm in Bangkok, was given a tourist visa without fuss.

Of course, all this is anecdotal and the US immigration review process likely changes frequently depending on volume of applicants, along with other factors.

• Like 2
If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

17 hours ago, Buddy Edgewood said:

From recent experience, US Immigration does not look at income stream when determining whether a Thai person receives a tourist visa.  My TGF, who has never worked bar, has a great job with a relatively high income stream and owns her own home.  Immigration didn't even review income/assets, and denied her visa application without explanation.  Her sister on the other hand, owns a mid-sized accounting firm in Bangkok, was given a tourist visa without fuss.

Of course, all this is anecdotal and the US immigration review process likely changes frequently depending on volume of applicants, along with other factors.

Heck it probably changes based on which person reviews their application and if they had a good nights sleep.  Who really knows.  LOL

On 26/01/2023 at 05:33, madmike said:

He also said they are very good at detecting hookers and they do not get a visa.

....rat bastards!

On 26/01/2023 at 04:37, axunjaxn said:

Jack

I agree this helps but it is not always true.

I had a TG who owned a house in Pathum Thani.

Owned a car.

Had a job in sales for a Japanese company earning 60,000 baht a month.

She had a family who she was very close too.

She was denied 3 times on separate occasions.

I once met a guy who worked in the US Consulate in Bangkok and said pretty much the same thing.  He said absolutely not true,  If they are a normal Thai person with assets in Thailand, a job, a bank account that has shown regular deposits and withdrawals consistent with having a real job, they easily get a tourist visa.

In theory, they need to show they have things to loose if not returning to Thailand, i.e. job, family, property...

In reality, I don't know how much they really have to show...

I'm sure they think they are because they probably deny a large number.

But is calling them all hookers and denying everyone really being good at detecting anything?

5 hours ago, LASportsNut said:

I agree this helps but it is not always true.

I had a TG who owned a house in Pathum Thani.

Owned a car.

Had a job in sales for a Japanese company earning 60,000 baht a month.

She had a family who she was very close too.

She was denied 3 times on separate occasions.

Yes, Very strange. I have had 3 Thai ladies,1 a police special unit officer,1 a r.e. lady, and 1 owns a coffee shop and condo rental business. They all stayed in my condo at Tahoe and got a visa for ten years at 90 day visits. We are not noted for our equitable visa system.

Jack

7 hours ago, little_me said:

I'm sure they think they are because they probably deny a large number.

But is calling them all hookers and denying everyone really being good at detecting anything?

Not sure if they deny a lot or if they don't.  Or if they are good at it or not.  Can only comment on what he said.  And I think they could be pretty good at sussing out a lot of hookers.  It isn't really THAT hard to do.  No bank account or a recent one with a single large deposit.  A history of employment like pay stubs or letter from legitimate business.  Really can't say but I don't think they are callous.  Who knows. 

• 3 months later...

I was just at the US consulate in Chiangmai with a lady friend who got denied (well, I waited outside by the river while she did her interview). The only thing they asked her about was her job (she doesn’t have one currently). She said every other lady before also got the same denial slip…

4 hours ago, mariod.au said:

I was just at the US consulate in Chiangmai with a lady friend who got denied (well, I waited outside by the river while she did her interview). The only thing they asked her about was her job (she doesn’t have one currently). She said every other lady before also got the same denial slip…

They’ve usually made their decision prior to the interview; being unemployed does not help getting over the hump on intending to immigrate.