IGNORED

What are the signs that a bar girl could have HIV

mikey1313

I always wrap up but you can never be too careful. Any give aways

Yes - one good clue is if she's a hooker or not!

well, cmon....after all we are talking thailand right.. I was hoping for clues that were physical... something you would check for while having a conversation with them. something you could look out for. U know?

I guess unless she's got AIDS and looks very sick, there won't be any sign of warning. This is why it's so dangerous. In some cases, just after the HIV infection, someone can have fever and other signs, but that not in all cases AND not everyone who's got fever has HIV (thank God).

I guess unless she's got AIDS and looks very sick, there won't be any sign of warning. This is why it's so dangerous. In some cases, just after the HIV infection, someone can have fever and other signs, but that not in all cases AND not everyone who's got fever has HIV (thank God).

yeah...that's what i figured ... thanks

There is no way you can tell.

I have often heard Thais call someone HIV positive because they are skinny and look ill. Alcohol and yaa baa can do that.

Open sores in the stages of AIDS, open sores could be a variety of things.

You can only wildly guess who is more likely, still thats no way to judge, as you dont know the girls past.

You should treat all sex partners as HIV positive until proven otherwise.

In the 2-12 week period after infection about 70% of people who are HIV positive display a few weeks of flu like symptoms to various degrees, this is the acute stage when they are highly infectious. Problem is the symptoms are variable and impossible to distinguish from normal flu or cold.

After that no symptoms for 5-10 years until their immunity collapses and start to become sick from pnemonia etc. Can also get skin lesions and various other signs, chances are by the time they get to this stage will have given up bar work as will be too sick and no bar would want them working their with obvious symptoms.

Best non-physical sign is if they don't insist on using condoms, that tells you something. Also the ones who are most drunk, high on ya ba and generally messed up tend to be the most sloppy about condoms. Stick to the sober, sensible ones.

Edited by Mr Rotten

something you would check for while having a conversation with them.

Yes, if they talk either too fast or slow that's often a sign of them being positive.

There is no way you can tell.

I have often heard Thais call someone HIV positive because they are skinny and look ill. Alcohol and yaa baa can do that.

Open sores in the stages of AIDS, open sores could be a variety of things.

You can only wildly guess who is more likely, still thats no way to judge, as you dont know the girls past.

You should treat all sex partners as HIV positive until proven otherwise.

I agreed. There is no way that you can tell. In the heat of moment I doubt that you will inspect her skin any signs of AIDS. Since the incubation period is so long (10+ years) you will not likely find the any signs among 20-30 year old girls. Physical manifestations are possible when one's immune system is compromised and this happend during the later stage of the disease. That is why HIV/AIDs are so deadly. You can get transmitted by a person who appear totally healthy and looks gorgeous etc. Furthermore there are so many other STDs/hepatitis that you need to think about as well besides HIV. Take care.

from

http://hivinsite.ucsf.edu/hiv?page=basics-00-02

"Some people who contract HIV experience very strong symptoms, but others experience none at all. Those who do have symptoms generally experience fever, fatigue, and, often, rash. Other common symptoms can include headache, swollen lymph nodes, and sore throat. These symptoms can occur within days or weeks of the initial exposure to the virus during a period called primary or acute HIV infection."

"symptoms are not a reliable way to diagnose HIV infection"

In the 2-12 week period after infection about 70% of people who are HIV positive display a few weeks of flu like symptoms to various degrees, this is the acute stage when they are highly infectious. Problem is the symptoms are variable and impossible to distinguish from normal flu or cold.

After that no symptoms for 5-10 years until their immunity collapses and start to become sick from pnemonia etc. Can also get skin lesions and various other signs, chances are by the time they get to this stage will have given up bar work as will be too sick and no bar would want them working their with obvious symptoms.

Best non-physical sign is if they don't insist on using condoms, that tells you something. Also the ones who are most drunk, high on ya ba and generally messed up tend to be the most sloppy about condoms. Stick to the sober, sensible ones.

[/q

I always wrap up but you can never be too careful. Any give aways

How about ' a willingness to bareback'. Any girl that even suggests condoms are not essential would be out the door.

It's easy. if she has a fake health certificate saying that she's HIV- it probably means she's HIV+................................... Of course there's no reliable way of telling by looking. Life would be so much safer if there was and I'm sure that HIV wouldn't have become the epidemic that it has.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Mr Rotten has it about spot on. I had issues in Vietnam, medical, I worried about the needle I was given when in Hanoi, it worried me sickless. The first thing you do it start reading too much about it, the you start thinking you have the symptoms.

It is easier for the male to infect a female for obvious reasons, the male can contact the disease through small cuts on the penis and through the eye. Anal sex is the worst as it causes a great deal of trauma.

Yes - one good clue is if she's a hooker or not!

Damn, you stole my reply, lol.