IGNORED

Are girls that test pos for HIV really sent home?

mikey1313

On my last trip to Koh Samui i had done something very stupid!!! yeah i'm sure that comes as a shock to the rest of you...LOL But there were a few times that i got too drunk and didn't use protection. i'm sure that comes as a real shock to you all aswell. anyways.......as you already know, you have to wait 3 months for the virus to show up in your body when tested. needless to say, when i returned home i could not sleep for weeks. however while i was still in thailand i spoke with a nurse at one of the pharmacies and she told me that the girls are tested frequently and that those who test positive are sent home. which to me made sense because a place a turns 99% of it's profits through tourism probably wouldn't want a reputation like that to get out. THANK GOD nothing ever came of my irresponsibe behavior however i still wonder if what the nurse told me was true or was she just telling me what i wanted to hear like the rest of the thais.

in a word

No!

Better to be daring and cool, than timid and uncool! Life's journey is not about arriving at your gravesite in a well preserved condition, but rather dropping into it in a long sideways skid, totally worn out, and shouting "Holy Shit...What a ride" - Indian Larry

At best they are sent out looking for a new job or gone freelancing.

you know what...... condom or no condom, that is really 'F"ing scary. is there any give aways in terms of suspicsion. Even with a condom you can never be too careful right?

In Pattaya they are off to work at the "Coconut Bar" so be careful! :Laugh1:

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

how would the thia govt enforce that policy..If the girl was found freelancing in the same area would they get arrested. I doubt it. give me the chills thinkin about it..had a scare like that on my last trip.

In Pattaya they are off to work at the "Coconut Bar" so be careful! :Laugh1:

Yep, or really just any other bar...

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enoughâ€

“If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?â€

Albert Einstein

On my last trip to Koh Samui i had done something very stupid!!! yeah i'm sure that comes as a shock to the rest of you...LOL But there were a few times that i got too drunk and didn't use protection. i'm sure that comes as a real shock to you all aswell. anyways.......as you already know, you have to wait 3 months for the virus to show up in your body when tested. needless to say, when i returned home i could not sleep for weeks. however while i was still in thailand i spoke with a nurse at one of the pharmacies and she told me that the girls are tested frequently and that those who test positive are sent home. which to me made sense because a place a turns 99% of it's profits through tourism probably wouldn't want a reputation like that to get out. THANK GOD nothing ever came of my irresponsibe behavior however i still wonder if what the nurse told me was true or was she just telling me what i wanted to hear like the rest of the thais.

Who's going to send them home? What is to stop them coming back? Most that is going to happen is that they will be asked to leave the bar and move onto somewhere else and in some cases I wouldn't even expect that much. Fact is most beer bars don't test at all, soapy's and some go-go's may do but not sure I would trust the results, I have seen a bar girls test card and it is nothing more than a booklet with a stamp on it. Easy to fake or get from a disreputable doctor.

Going with your girl to a reputable clinic and getting tested is one way to puts the odds in your favor that she doesn't have HIV but of course she could be in the window period where she has it but it doesn't show up. I am curious how often bars, go-go's and massage places have their girls tested and what happens if they test positive? Given how mai bphen rai and less than forthright Thai's are about everything I just don't have much faith in the consistency and quality of their testing methods. Also if a girl tests positive I bet that would make her MORE likely to continue working in a bar rather than quitting. She probably figures her days and options are now numbered and will do the only thing she knows how, which is prostitution. Even if the bars really do test regularly I bet if a girl is positive she could just get a friend to take her ID card and get tested in place of her. I'm sure there are ways around the testing in Thailand.

Though they aren't 100% Condoms are the only defense we have, it's foolish not to use them and think a rigurous health policy is in place looking out for your best interest.

Edited by ginseng

Big fat farang in a bar on Second Road will tell you all "his" girls are tested every month if that's what you want to hear - loada bollox.

Does anyone know of any bar which definitely actually does it and how can you be sure?

Not that it's worth that much.

I know girls who come and go from bars, including gogo, more or less as they need the money and they don't have to produce a test. Very often you'll see girls turn up, ask for a job, start there and then and be barfined within the hour. Some girls freelance here and there even while working in a bar. Some take a stroll on Beach Road too. As far as I can tell there is no such control, but maybe some bar owners who subscribe here can tell you different? I'm not a bar owner but the gf/ex is ( yes I think I paid for it) so I see quite a lot close up. The gf/ex has pointed out girls working in bars who are positive. She may be lying.

There are of course some girls who, mainly for their own information, go for regular tests. If they've got an all clear one they'll probably show you it. If they're not all clear............what do you think?

The gf/ex (I'm not sure which) once told me (so it won't be true) that a doctor friend told her that 85% of the BGs going to him in Pattaya for HIV tests were getting a positive. Whatever that number is, the bias of course is that probably the majority that go for it think they may have it, because they have to pay for it. They certainly ain't going for it so that if they've got it they can quit their job, go home and starve. They'll probably need to work all the harder to buy the drugs.

There's quite a lot of good info' in the Bareback thread running here.

Edit/PS - I see the Q of which bars do what has been done (to death?) elsewhere.

Edited by mickba