IGNORED

My restaurant destroyed

JomtienCafe

Yesterday it started, they told us this weekend, half our outside terrace has to go in the name of progress for Jomtien.

Due to the road widening scheme in Jomtien a lot of businesses have lost the front area of their land, Lindas restaurant next door to mine was an outstanding looking restaurant, the front has now gone, all the nice juniper green wood work and curved glass windows smashed down in the name of progress, here is a picture of mine taken a couple of months ago for my web site, I shall take another picture tomorrow of what it looks like now.

Jomtien_Restaurant_Umbrella_1.jpg

Sorry to hear that mate. :SteamingMad::GoldenSmile1:

Regards:Matrix

When the life as you live it goes titts up, can you press Ctrl-alt-delete to remove it or is that only on the internet?

Posted Image

It could be worse, at least now they have started resurfacing the road from South Pattaya at reasonable pace, some of those restaurants there have had to put up with mud and dust for the last year or two outside their places, hopefully they will work quicker from this end as we have the govt tax office down the road.

I hope so buddy,that it will be as painless as possible.

Regards:Matrix

When the life as you live it goes titts up, can you press Ctrl-alt-delete to remove it or is that only on the internet?

Posted Image

Here are todays pictures, they say they can do 20 meters of road drains perday, working it out that means tomorrow they will have done half of my front and Sunday, if they work the other half, time will tell.

jomtien_restaurant_road_works.JPG

Not very pretty is it.

We now have a very small outside terrace, but tomorrow the macro will be back.

jomtien_restaurant_umbrella_cafe.JPG

Well, look at it from a positive aspect....Making the road wider may bring in more traffic which may result in increased revenues?

Good time to take a hard look at the entrance (to your restaurant) and create ways to make it more attractive to potential customers. Progress has arrived. Be the first to make the best of it and set a example of what others need to copy. Maybe time to put in a flowerig trellis or foliage barrier? Something to take down the dust and the same time adds decoration. Maybe some white christmas lights to add some glam at nightime?

Not much you can do about progress so just try to make the best of it and move on.

Edited by SlickMonkey

My regrets... I eat at your place & Linda's frequently when I'm in town... I really enjoyed sitting outside on the patio while eating... I hope they finish up quickly, but based on the length of time they've taken on the rest of the project, I wouldn't get my hopes up...

Further towards Pattaya (in November) numerous businesses had the pavement in front removed leaving no access for customers. I saw several places with 'closed' signs up.

Having a building site outside your front door does affect the days takings, although I have to admit it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, they had a guy come and cut through the tiles to create a weak point to minimise the damage to the rest of the terrace, this photo was taken Saturday just before the rain came and turned the road into a mud slide, I shall give it a few days to settle then get some one in to pour some concrete down for now.

jomtien_umbrella_cafe.JPG