IGNORED

Mont Blanc Pens

Leedoncaster

I've never seen them... would like to know myself though because they are very nice and would sell well in the UK

I dont know about Mont Blanc pens but I was in a gold shop between Pattayaland & Royal Garden on 2nd Road once they had pens large for men small for ladies with a Chinese dragon draped around it solid silver with 2 small red stones as eyes (ruby's ?) looked although it could have been hand carved in a very nice wooden presentation case exquisite, cost was if I remember correctly 4,500 - 5,500 Baht.

Al.

I've seen them around as I was shopping. I know the new Central Plaza has them, but I'm not sure exactly where but you might also try the shops in the plaza next to KFC, McDonalds off Beach Rd. I think I've seen them there also.

Edited by dtyolmn

Does anyone know if its possible to get Mont Blanc pens from Thailand.

Please contact me at [email protected] if you can help.

Many thanks,

lee

I assume you mean the knock-offs. Patpong has many stalls them sell them. If you are talking about the real ones, why would you want to buy any imported luxury good in Thailand. Unless of course you are a 5 star General and your wife already has just about everything sold in the Emporium already.

AFTERDARK MAGAZINE

ONLY THE HOTTEST GIRLS!

Volume 15 available April 2nd

2010 AFTERDARK CALENDAR

Available NOW

Yes the knock off ones are there but if you hold a real one and the knock off the fake is very light. I bought one on a flight to Taipei last year - another of my drunk in air or airport purchases I tend to make when flying around the region then have cognitive dissonance afterwards.

Loads in Patpong market - vary from piss poor to very very good copies. Some of the fakes are NOT light, they are almost perfect copies. The main things to look for are how smooth the cap fits and look at the ink well.

Its like the Rolexs - some are crap and some are almost impossible to distinguish.

There is also a Mont Blanc shop in Emporium Mall Bangkok (Phrom Pong BTS) but they are pretty much the same price as in the West. They had a nice ladies handbag in there too 15,000 and that was dollars not baht.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

There is also a Mont Blanc shop in Emporium Mall Bangkok (Phrom Pong BTS) but they are pretty much the same price as in the West. They had a nice ladies handbag in there too 15,000 and that was dollars not baht.

Perfect accessory when buying the mia noi a new BMW

AFTERDARK MAGAZINE

ONLY THE HOTTEST GIRLS!

Volume 15 available April 2nd

2010 AFTERDARK CALENDAR

Available NOW

• 2 weeks later...

they sell them in bangkok

they have several outlets one is ground floor of emporium

Does anyone know if its possible to get Mont Blanc pens from Thailand.

Please contact me at [email protected] if you can help.

Many thanks,

lee

I'm sure I've sen them in the Emporium. Wouldn't think they'd be any cheaper in Thailand than the UK

I think there are a few places in BKK selling them not too sure about in pattaya though. But i am sure if you ask and you are buying in bulk someone will source them for ya

Lets get the party started. Oct Sep 17-25, November 10-20 and December 23-Jan 4

Loads for sale in Patpong. I wasnt looking for one so I didnt ask the price.

When I was in Mae Sai Market (Burmese market on the border with Chiang Rai) they had loads there also. They wanted 500 baht for the pen and 100 baht for box.

I bought a couple as gifts for folk. I have a genuine Mont Blanc pen and, like others say, you can feel the difference in the way that the genuine ones are perfectly weighted when it rests on your hand when writing. Also the 'floating star' at the end is not as 'floating' as the genuine. It would take a connoisseur to spot it though.

However, to saver £160 to have the look of a Mont Blanc, they write very well. Out of the two that I bought. One still works fine, the other broke into two pieces (the middle section where the threading / twist movement was engineered). It was obviously cut too finely and the metal sections split and dont connect into each other now.

These are the sort of things that happen when you are buying counterfeit.

The ones that I saw in Patpong looked really good copies though. The designs were bang up to date.

If you are buying the pens, I would suggest you buy a little stash of refills from the seller. Im not sure if the genuine Montblanc refills fit the counterfeit ones. In any case, the ballpoint genuine refill is about £15 !!! (WTF !)

I have a fibre tip genuine one, so I cant test to see if it will take the ballpoint copy refill.

Edited by luvyoulongtime