IGNORED

Learning Thai alphabet video

KDNG

Well for a little while now I have been looking into good ways to learn the alphabet myself...learning to read in another langauge is definitly key to picking it up quickly and understanding...I only regret not trying to learn it when I first started learning...

I am one to always say keep it simple, so why not start learning as a child would.....here is a video I think is great and makes it easier to remember.....My Thai teacher is back in Bangkok right now so I have not had any lessons for a while...but I showed her the video and she laughed at me and told me her neice watches the same one and she is 2...

honestly this transliteration stuff is killing me...I see people spell things differently than I would and when they write something I'd understand I don't....When I studied Arabic the first thing was to learn the alphabet and it really is the best way I believe..enjoythe video!!

neat vid.

when i started to learn the alphabet I just wrote it and wrote it until i remembered all consonants and vowels, took a while before I could write them all out but really helped me remember. I had thai friends that had trouble remembering the order in which the chracters come and they had to start singing a song in order to remember :10of10Score:

+1 for learning to read, i put it off as I thought it would be too hard/too much of a headache but it doesn't take that long if you chip at it daily and the benefits will impact on your spoken thai quite quickly. Writing is a different kettle of fish though as I constantly make errors.

I found myself at a loss when attempting to learn Thai script, but going back to basics and learning like a Thai child is possibly the best way. While idly Googling I found The Thai Hypermarket site .

A couple of pertinent pages...

Thai Alphabet Flashcards

Thai First Reader Package

I've ordered both the above. Prices include worldwide shipping, payment can be through Paypal for security and communication by email is fast and efficient. Worth a look.

Edited by Slacker