Jump to content
IGNORED

Fasting


FarangKiNok

Recommended Posts

I also did Keto and  intermittent fasting for 3 years, just eating once a day!

I felt great and my bloodpressure was perfect, and constant weight at 75-78 kg.

Unfortunately for the last year I have fallen back in old tracks, and have been eating 3 times a day again,

with the result that I have now gained a lot of weight and am back at 90 kg!!!😢

The hardest part with fasting is that your surroundings, friends and family doesn´t understand,

and constantly tempts you to eat! 😏

I had to avoid visiting friends as everytime there would be sugary foods and drinks offered!

In the end it got a bit lonely always saying no to people who wanted to meet, so I started to socialise more, and very soon I was off track again! 😢

 

When no money... she no give honey! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I also practise intermittent fasting. My weight has dropped from 88kg to 75kg from March this year.

I eat between noon and 8pm and usually have 2 meals and some snacks.

Since moving to Thailand I thought that booze may kill the fasting effects but it hasn't been the case. I've lost a few KG's since moving here. I think this is largely due to the fact that I like and eat Thai food and the portions here are typically small.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, plahgat said:

 

The hardest part with fasting is that your surroundings, friends and family doesn´t understand,

and constantly tempts you to eat! 

 

 

I agree that other people, socialising makes diets more difficult.

I do best when I eat alone.   

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sloracer said:

I also practise intermittent fasting. My weight has dropped from 88kg to 75kg from March this year.

I eat between noon and 8pm and usually have 2 meals and some snacks.

Since moving to Thailand I thought that booze may kill the fasting effects but it hasn't been the case. I've lost a few KG's since moving here. I think this is largely due to the fact that I like and eat Thai food and the portions here are typically small.

I'm no expert, but I don't think only eating between 12:00 and 20:00 is "intermittent fasting".

Seems more like wake up late, go out early to me.  555.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, rog555 said:

I'm no expert, but I don't think only eating between 12:00 and 20:00 is "intermittent fasting".

Seems more like wake up late, go out early to me.  555.

It's called the 16:8 diet, and it works.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/16-8-intermittent-fasting

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Farangkie said:

It's called the 16:8 diet, and it works.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/16-8-intermittent-fasting

Yes, and it's easier for someone that doesn't really eat breakfast as you're essentially skipping one meal.

I really don't think I could go for 24 hours without food. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I did intermittent fasting I only ate one big healthy meal a day at about 14:00.

When no money... she no give honey! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, FarangKiNok said:

I have been struggling with alcoholism for years.  My dad had the bug, like his father before him. Working years in a business where alcohol was consumed didn’t help.

I have been trying for years to reduce the drops and its hard. I love cracking open that fresh bottle of bourbon and finishing that sweet flask of whiskey. Along with cases for beer consumed weekly.  

Anyway, there is one food item my body can’t handle, and I have had a challenge with diarrhea or loose bowel. So, I have started eliminating items from my diet.  This has resulted in me staring fasting or intermittent fasting.

I eat lunch or dinner and don’t eat anything for 24 hours.

For me the kicker is that after 24 hours and my body is in ketosis I don’t crave beer and whiskey. After years of drinking this is the first time in as long as I can remember I don’t want alcohol.

In ketosis I feel great. I don’t crave food, beer or whiskey. I have increased energy. At times a bit lightheaded but doing ok.

I have also started ice swimming when in ketosis. Water Temp 34F / 1C

This gives me another boost.

In conclusion eating less has had tremendous benefits for me! Why knew.

I thought it usually takes a few days (2_4) to enter ketosis. 

Btw .I'm not knocking your efforts . I have the same bug in my family 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, FarangKiNok said:

I have been struggling with alcoholism for years.  My dad had the bug, like his father before him. Working years in a business where alcohol was consumed didn’t help.

I have also started ice swimming when in ketosis. Water Temp 34F / 1C

First of all congrats. Booze is hard to give up for those of us that "love" it. It's easy to replace drinking with over eating. 

It's been my experience that entering ketosis initially takes quite a few days. Returning to ketosis short term is faster. But we're all different - have to tried the test strips to determine ketosis?

Anyone struggling with drinking I recommend Quit Drink by Alan Carr the famous quit smoking guy.

And the ice swimming! Good for you man.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, FarangKiNok said:

I have also started ice swimming when in ketosis. Water Temp 34F / 1C

This gives me another boost.

In conclusion eating less has had tremendous benefits for me! Why knew.

Does ice swimming at 34F/1C shrink your junk so much, that you don't crave pussy?

Just kidding.  🙂  Hope all goes well for you and gives you the boost you need.  Keep up the good work staying off the juice.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Been OMAD for years. Unless you’re doing manual labour or something there’s no reason to eat three meals a day. People just eat out of habit and boredom. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I tried OMAD (one meal a day) when i was in the UK. Just to see if i could do it - which i did. I only ate dinner at 5pm. Did it for a few weeks.

I don't have any fat to lose so it felt like it was muscle depletion. You don't have the energy to lift heavy weights at the gym too, so muscle maintenance suffers.

Hate to mention it, but bowel movements become irregular. So hungry and bloated at the same time.

Very efficient for fat loss.  Pointless otherwise. No idea about alcohol but great if it helps that. I prefer 3 meals a day.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Arnie85 said:

People just eat out of habit and boredom. 

This is so true and it's behaviour that intermittent fasting helped me avoid.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 09/12/2022 at 18:28, Lam Chabang said:

Does ice swimming at 34F/1C shrink your junk so much, that you don't crave pussy?

Just kidding.  🙂  Hope all goes well for you and gives you the boost you need.  Keep up the good work staying off the juice.

You will experience some shrinking and cold hand and feet.  But if you control you breathing and don’t hyperventilate the side effects are less severe.

60 min after the swim you will feel a tremendous energy boost. Enough to satisfy any TG LT 555

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 09/12/2022 at 16:46, Dishmonkey said:

Have to tried the test strips to determine ketosis?

 

I don’t have the equipment but contemplating buying the machine.

Thanks for the book tip.  Downloaded The easy way to control alcohol by Carr.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, FarangKiNok said:

You will experience some shrinking and cold hand and feet.  But if you control you breathing and don’t hyperventilate the side effects are less severe.

60 min after the swim you will feel a tremendous energy boost. Enough to satisfy any TG LT 555

I guess being from Norway you are used to the cold.  I would drown after swimming 5 minutes in that cold of water.  I remember when I was a kid, I was skating on a canal and my leg went through an ice fishing hole.  Once I got it out and skated home it felt like I had a cast on my leg and it took forever to get my skate and pants off.  I had to get in the tub with the hottest water I could get to thaw my leg.

Do you wear some type of "polar suit" when you are swimming for an hour.  That is IMPRESSIVE!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, FarangKiNok said:

I don’t have the equipment but contemplating buying the machine.

Thanks for the book tip.  Downloaded The easy way to control alcohol by Carr.

I only ever used little strips that you pee on. No comment on the accuracy but my wife was convinced enough. Then once you get rolling no need to test, you know.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 09/12/2022 at 01:21, Sloracer said:

I also practise intermittent fasting. My weight has dropped from 88kg to 75kg from March this year.

I eat between noon and 8pm and usually have 2 meals and some snacks.

Since moving to Thailand I thought that booze may kill the fasting effects but it hasn't been the case. I've lost a few KG's since moving here. I think this is largely due to the fact that I like and eat Thai food and the portions here are typically small.

Congratulations on the weight drop.  I fast like you but my eating time is from noon until 6:00 p.m.  

Gained 13 lbs during my recent stay of 86 days in Pattaya.  I am starting my fasting plan today and will have 30 days to lose about 13 lbs before returning to Thailand for a 75 day stay.  

I am writing about my weight loss in my ongoing Tr if anyone is interested.  

Congratulations to all on their plans.  Fasting makes it easier to lose weight and maintain the lose.  Imho.

Living Life Large 😃😃

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Lam Chabang said:

I guess being from Norway you are used to the cold.  I would drown after swimming 5 minutes in that cold of water.  I remember when I was a kid, I was skating on a canal and my leg went through an ice fishing hole.  Once I got it out and skated home it felt like I had a cast on my leg and it took forever to get my skate and pants off.  I had to get in the tub with the hottest water I could get to thaw my leg.

Do you wear some type of "polar suit" when you are swimming for an hour.  That is IMPRESSIVE!  

I only use a swimming trunk.   2 – 4 min submerged is enough. You will never get used to cold like this. You will need to control your breathing. Once you manage this you can endure freeing temps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I tried a Keto diet and Ice Swimming once. But then I discovered that there were far easier ways to punish myself whilst still losing no discernible weight over the long term.

Experts warn that a laptop can seriously damage your sperm....

Although in my experience, not as much as sperm can damage your laptop!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Drink lemon water every morning as you wake up...

Eat less grain and more Fruits and Vegetables....

Edited by hs2017
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 09/12/2022 at 03:48, plahgat said:

Unfortunately for the last year I have fallen back in old tracks, and have been eating 3 times a day again,

with the result that I have now gained a lot of weight and am back at 90 kg!!!😢

The hardest part with fasting is that your surroundings, friends and family doesn´t understand,

and constantly tempts you to eat! 😏

I had to avoid visiting friends as everytime there would be sugary foods and drinks offered!

 

It is more about what you eat than how many times you eat.

I understand the temptations. The key is to find alternatives for the food you like.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, hioctane said:

It is more about what you eat than how many times you eat.

I understand the temptations. The key is to find alternatives for the food you like.

The key is to find friends that eats the same healthy food, it makes things so much easier! 🙄

When your family and friends all eat junkfood and sweets, it´s very difficult to maintain a healthy diet for a longer time! 😢

When in Thailand I always easily loose weight, as I can eat what I want and walk around a lot!

Unfortunately I can´t afford to move to Thailand permanently with my meager pension or I would have done that a long time ago! 😢

 

 

When no money... she no give honey! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.