Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

AIS eSIM, can not be bought at the airport yet.

vegas_guy

Good afternoon! 

I just thought that I should share that if you are planning on getting an eSIM at the aiprort when you arrive here, that might not be possible.

Since I already had a plan, I made my way to the hotel and figured things out from there.

If you have a US iPhone 14 Pro with no sim card tray, you're going ro have to go to a mall to get an eSIM.

AIS in Terminal 21 took care of me in less than 5 minutes with 30 days, 30 GB of data and some cell minutes for 599 Baht.

It was easy since I knew the way to the hotel on the rail link and BTS, but without the previous knowledge it could have been super stressful.

Now you know!

• Like 1

If you already have e-SIM installed in your smartphone, many of the newer more expensive models has this (including iPhone 14 Pro) , you can just go to what ever country e-SIM provider you like on the Internet, and buy a data package and have it uploaded to your phone by scanning a QR-code in no time! If you do it at home a day before you travel it will be ready to use the moment you land in Thailand, no need to chase around the airport and look for SIM cards!

For e-SIM from

AIS https://www.ais.th/esim/en/

True: https://www.true.th/en/campaigns/esim/

dtac: https://www.dtac.co.th/en/esim.html

If your phone doesn´t have e-SIM preinstalled in it´s software you can buy a special e-SIM card and put it in a SIM card slot on your phone at home, and you will be ready to go, although you must check your phone first in their mobile App to see if it is compatible or not.

https://esim.me

Edited by plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

• 1 month later...
On 16/11/2022 at 09:53, vegas_guy said:

Good afternoon! 

I just thought that I should share that if you are planning on getting an eSIM at the aiprort when you arrive here, that might not be possible.

Since I already had a plan, I made my way to the hotel and figured things out from there.

If you have a US iPhone 14 Pro with no sim card tray, you're going ro have to go to a mall to get an eSIM.

AIS in Terminal 21 took care of me in less than 5 minutes with 30 days, 30 GB of data and some cell minutes for 599 Baht.

It was easy since I knew the way to the hotel on the rail link and BTS, but without the previous knowledge it could have been super stressful.

Now you know!

Hi, are you saying that it was that easy to transfer your existing package from a physical SIM card to eSIM by visiting

In other words, if I have an existing Thai number that I've been using for a long time with a physical SIM card I can easily transfer it to eSIM and keep the number I was using before?

But it wasn't possible to do this at the airport, and you had to visit the AIS shop in T21?