IGNORED

Looking for a Pool Villa - to purchase

ChiFlyer

I have been living in the Jomtien area with the Thai GF for 6 years now. We have rented a larger condo with a Western kitchen for the last 3 years. We have decided that when our condo contract expires next August 2023, we want to buy a reasonably priced pool villa. What we are looking for:

• Within 20 minutes of Central Pattaya for shopping purposes.
  • 3 Bedrooms and 2 baths.
  • Western kitchen.
  • Pool
  • 24x7 security
  • CAT (now BT) internet ability.
  • Not a new community with limited shade.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I don’t know what you’d consider ‘reasonably priced’?

I’m guessing View Talay villas are above that. A 3-bed there would probably cost around 15 million.

Majestic Residence villas on Cosy Beach probably about the same.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

On 07/11/2022 at 00:42, davidge said:

I’m guessing View Talay villas are above that. A 3-bed there would probably cost around 15 million.

The GF and I have been living in a very nice VT2A condo for the last 4 years. Our current contract expires at the end of July 2023. We have started looking at purchasing a pool villa, as we think that would have greater value going forward and also we are getting tired of condo living and the constant owner arguments about how the community funds are being spent.

What we have in mind are the following:

• 24x7 Security
  • Existing property, not willing to buy into something in progress.
  • More interested in an established property (less than 10 years old).
  • A good community where people work together to keep things looking good as opposed to an austerity program that runs things into the ground.
  • Price range 8 to 10 million with half due upfront and then a 5 year contract for the balance.
  • Large enough place -> 300 sqm.
  • Personal pool -> not that large. An additionally larger community pool would be a big plus.
  • 3 bedrooms, 3 baths, more bedrooms ok, as some can be converted to office space. Do not want small bedrooms.
  • Room for the GF's gardens.
  • Within 15 kms of Jomtien.
  • Modern bathrooms
  • Western style kitchen
  • Outside cooking area near the pool

Obviously, this is a wish list and compromises will be necessary. Also conversions can be done after the purchase.

Anyway, I guess what I am looking for here are some suggestions of pool/villa communities that are worth checking out.

tia,

CF

On 07/11/2022 at 00:42, davidge said:

We have been seeing some very nice properties (primarily in the Dark Side and also Huay Yai) within my stated price range. No Ocean view or easy access to Central Pattaya, but I do not care about that.

I’m really not that familiar with areas outside of central Pattaya and Jomtien.

Simply on the basis of where restaurants etc are opening up, easy access to the Road network and the presence of international schools, I guess around Mapprachan is an area to look at. You’ll both know better than me, I’m sure, but security is a big thing to look at particularly if there aren’t too many permanent residents.

I’ll just mention that I’ve been in touch with a number of agents recently as I’m looking for a long term rental and by the far the most helpful has been TownCountry who are located in the left hand side of the lobby in Jomtien Complex Condo.

a property from their website:

https://towncountryproperty.com/property/pool-vills-for-sale-near-mabprachan-lake-mlh23670/

21 hours ago, davidge said:

I’m really not that familiar with areas outside of central Pattaya and Jomtien.

Simply on the basis of where restaurants etc are opening up, easy access to the Road network and the presence of international schools, I guess around Mapprachan is an area to look at. You’ll both know better than me, I’m sure, but security is a big thing to look at particularly if there aren’t too many permanent residents.

Yes, the GF is all over this. I usually get 2 or 3 properties to review in the Morning before I finish my cool green tea. Thanks for the link - I sent it over to the boss for further review. :)

I think the area that I called Hua Yai is roughly equivalent to what you referred to as the Mapprachan area.

4 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

Yes, the GF is all over this. 

I’m sure she is :wink:

• Haha 3

On 13/11/2022 at 23:16, ChiFlyer said:

I think the area that I called Hua Yai is roughly equivalent to what you referred to as the Mapprachan area.

I was a little off on my geographical assessment in this post. I am also having this discussion on another board. A knowledgeable person there pointed out ->

Hua Yai borders Chak Nok reservoir.  Mabprachan is bit further north.

Hi there,i have just spent last 3 months looking for a similar spec.

My favourite Darkside Villages were SP Villa 5, and Green Field Villas 4.

We ended up droping the pool requirement and saving 2m+.

• Like 2

Viewed 3 places over in Na Jomtien today all in the same property management complex. I really liked one of them. This place hit most of my wish list items and had recently been reduced by 1/2 Million. We have to decide if Na Jomtien is too far out there, primarily for the GF. She does not drive. Also, she is a sociable person, unlike my ornery ass. If she is too far of a drive for her BFFs to regularly visit, that might be a problem. We can talk this out I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Well we bought a house today. The fat lady has not sung just yet, but there has been verbal offer and acceptance, I put 10% down, the lawyers are reviewing the contracts, and it is rapidly approaching "done deal" status.

I am pretty happy with what we got other than the location is not ideal. The house is about 30 minutes South by Southwest from Jomtien. Technically we are in Na Jomtien but near Hua Yai. Actually this is the house I posted about liking two posts back. We initially decided that it was too far out, but after viewing another 6 or 7 properties, we decided that it was too good of a value house wise to pass on. The village is called "Baan Dusit3". Lots to like about the village from what I see so far.

Thanks to those who contributed to this thread.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

The village is called "Baan Dusit3". Lots to like about the village from what I see so far.

How are the village funds doing? How is the management? I believe many of the owners are from Russia and there could be some issues. Better check the balance sheets.

Another thing would be about the flooding. Some areas in NaJomtien had a lot of flooding this year, when torrential rains caused the klongs to overflow. There are several klongs near the Baan Dusit projects.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, CampariO said:

How are the village funds doing? How is the management? I believe many of the owners are from Russia and there could be some issues. Better check the balance sheets.

Another thing would be about the flooding. Some areas in NaJomtien had a lot of flooding this year, when torrential rains caused the klongs to overflow. There are several klongs near the Baan Dusit projects.

There is definitely a Russian influence in the village. I am in fact buying the place from a Russian owner. On the other hand the pool/villas are relatively low key and during our two visits things appeared to be more family oriented. 

I have a Thai lawyer checking out some of the things you mention.

Thanks for the heads up.

On 26/11/2022 at 14:11, CampariO said:

After further review, although the village is near the Northern end of Na Jomtien, it is technically map wise in Hua Yai. Hopefully this is out of the flood zones. Everything appears to be relatively flat here, but going North there is an obvious effort to elevate more expensive properties.