IGNORED

Fair Properties

Khundawg

I was thinking of using these guys (Fair Properties) to book my stay next year. I was looking at a condo for 1 month and would like a pretty nice place. From what I have found online, they have the best selection. Does anyone have any experience with these guys? Are they reputable? Any other recommendations for places to look?

Here is their site: http://www.fairproperties.com/

Edited by Khundawg

You would do better looking elsewhere, as these and their like concentrate on long term rentals

Anything below 12 months will come at a HEFTY premium

Best to hunt around elsewhere

Whats your budget?

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

Prices seem fine in regards to what I have been looking at. I think the one I am most interested in goes for 75k a month and is available for a single month. I am mostly concerned with the legitimacy of this specific business. However, if you know of another option to get a high end residence (I prefer modern decor) with at least 2 bedrooms fr that price range, I am open to other options.

I always think that the amount of advertising property companies do which is a lot that they must be well overcharging people to pay for the advertising, I know it has to be paid for but it also has to be paid for by the people who rent or buy the property which puts the price up.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

It is a very very nice place. It came down to it and one for 150k but I like the 75k one just as much as the other. It is a 2 bedroom, has a top end kitchen, amazing bathroom, Large screen plasma TV's in all rooms, and overlooks the beach.

Also, I am sure I am paying for advertising as well as a multitude of other costs associated with the rental industry. I am fine with that. I just want to be sure that when I pay for my rental, its actually going to be there for me when I arrive.

Anyone at all have any experience with them? I was really hoping someone had used them before or could recommend another company they had used and liked.

75k for a property single month is ok, 2k+ a day if it is nice then much better than a hotel

also there is a couple of BM's on here you might want to PM

Lord Flash (not sure if he does short term) and dancewatcher (definitely does short term rentals)

Better to be daring and cool, than timid and uncool! Life's journey is not about arriving at your gravesite in a well preserved condition, but rather dropping into it in a long sideways skid, totally worn out, and shouting "Holy Shit...What a ride" - Indian Larry

I've rented from them a couple of times, no problems. I'd trust them about as much as I'd trust any property company in Thailand :10of10Score:

Awesome! Thanks Smiler, that was what I was looking for. Thank you too Gator, I will give them a shout.

Awesome! Thanks Smiler, that was what I was looking for. Thank you too Gator, I will give them a shout.

Stayed there for two months. Jan and Feb. 09. Had no problems at all.

It is a very very nice place. It came down to it and one for 150k but I like the 75k one just as much as the other. It is a 2 bedroom, has a top end kitchen, amazing bathroom, Large screen plasma TV's in all rooms, and overlooks the beach.

Also, I am sure I am paying for advertising as well as a multitude of other costs associated with the rental industry. I am fine with that. I just want to be sure that when I pay for my rental, its actually going to be there for me when I arrive.

Atop end kitchen, just what you need for a holiday in Pattaya, paying that sort of money I should have thought you could eat out.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

75k for a property single month is ok, 2k+ a day if it is nice then much better than a hotel

also there is a couple of BM's on here you might want to PM

Lord Flash (not sure if he does short term) and dancewatcher (definitely does short term rentals)

A buddy & I just used Dancewatchers.com for a couple 1-month rentals and were very happy. It also helps that the owner, Tik, speaks excellent english and has an American husband.

That was the first time I rented a condo instead of a hotel, and I was really concerned about being ripped off because most others I talked to (including Fair Properties) required payment in cash (wire transfer) PLUS a deposit equal to a full month! Any problems, and you're screwed.

Dancewatchers lets you pay by credit card via PayPal, so you have all the protections from your credit card company in case of any problems. They also had a nice selection of high-end condos like you're describing. They also provided cell phones and were quick to resolve any hassles (such as a missing power adapter for the ADSL cable modem) and generally saved us a lot of time that would have been wasted on non-mongering trivia.

For that price, also be sure the place comes with an ADSL internet connection. Even "secured" WiFi is easily hacked these days so people can see all you info (passwords, etc) when you access your bank, etc. A wired ASDL connection is much more safe.

-Smelly

Perfecting my ability to "let that which does not matter truly slide"

You would do better looking elsewhere, as these and their like concentrate on long term rentals

Anything below 12 months will come at a HEFTY premium

Best to hunt around elsewhere

Whats your budget?

Hedonist

I forgot to add that I also ran into the same hassle when I tried to use Fair Properties. They list *a TON* of condos on their website with dirt cheap prices and "monthly" in their description, but when I you actually call them to confirm you learn (eventually through very broken engrish):

1. Their website is badly out of date and most properties you ask about are no longer available

2. Most of the "montly" properties require at least a 6-month rental agreement

3. The price is usually at least double the listed price for a 1-month rental

4. They require an additional 1-month deposit (now quadrupling the original price)

5. They require full payment by wire transfer (any problems when you arrive = you're screwed)

Plus I was pissed at having to spend the cost of nearly an hour on the phone to get this info.

-Smelly

Perfecting my ability to "let that which does not matter truly slide"