Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Current Type O 90 day retirement requirements.

PostMan

Usually I get a TR 60 day and extend by 30, the day at JT immigration is a bit of a pain as I worry too much. So this time I thought, fuck the bus pass, let's get a 90 day retirement visa right off the bat from the RTE in London. I have no intention of extending or converting I just want to avoid trips to immigration while in Thailand.

I'd be very interested in hearing from others, especially Irish/UK residents, who have applied since the latest rules came into effect, specifically the $100k covid insurance requirement which seems to apply to retirement Type Os only and not visiting family etc. 

Although the website says you need the insurance - you don't.

When you get to that part of the application where it asks you to attach the document, you can just put in a photo of a piece of paper with 'Not required for this Visa' written on it. Or alternatively just attach a copy of the schedule of whatever insurance you have got.

Well I applied online for a new passport on Monday and it arrived by post on Wednesday .. now that's what I call service.

Thanks @roy111 for suggestion, I noticed when I actually started the online application process for the 90 day O visa it says 40k-400k insurance is required .. this is compared to the $100k specified in the immigration instruction pages. As happens so often on Thai websites the left ball has no idea what the right ball is doing. Apologies to all 1-ballers out there ;-)

On 20/10/2022 at 22:37, roy111 said:

Although the website says you need the insurance - you don't.

When you get to that part of the application where it asks you to attach the document, you can just put in a photo of a piece of paper with 'Not required for this Visa' written on it. Or alternatively just attach a copy of the schedule of whatever insurance you have got.

have you recently -- post 1st Oct -- done this ?

I applied for, and got, a Non O visa a few weeks ago. I went by the requirements on the RTE London website that said that 100k insurance was required. I was going to get insurance in any case, so I got it through a Thai broker who I knew would give me one page confirmation that met the Embassy’s requirement.

I’ve not heard of anyone that hasn’t shown insurance for this visa. The earlier post in this thread is the first time I’ve seen it mentioned as a possibility.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

3 hours ago, davidge said:

I applied for, and got, a Non O visa a few weeks ago. I went by the requirements on the RTE London website that said that 100k insurance was required. I was going to get insurance in any case, so I got it through a Thai broker who I knew would give me one page confirmation that met the Embassy’s requirement.

I’ve not heard of anyone that hasn’t shown insurance for this visa. The earlier post in this thread is the first time I’ve seen it mentioned as a possibility.

thanks again for reply, I'm uploading the last few documents to https://thaievisa.go.th/ now, and it wants a lot of documents .. at least 12. The Thaievisa site doesn't mention the $100K insurance requirement only the b40/400k one, in truth is all policies cover millions of dollars worth of treatment if they cover the condition so even $100k is a non-issue, getting the policy to state at the top of page 1 that covid quarantine  covered is not so easy. I'm keen to get a real insurance policy so I've got injury cover [incl repatriation] while riding a 125cc scooter plus flights and luggage.

I'm struggling with the employment status question .. I can be freelance/business owner/retired [IRL I'm self employed ,1/2 retired ;-] not sure what the embassy accepts given I'm 50+

7 hours ago, PostMan said:

thanks again for reply, I'm uploading the last few documents to https://thaievisa.go.th/ now, and it wants a lot of documents .. at least 12. The Thaievisa site doesn't mention the $100K insurance requirement only the b40/400k one, in truth is all policies cover millions of dollars worth of treatment if they cover the condition so even $100k is a non-issue, getting the policy to state at the top of page 1 that covid quarantine  covered is not so easy. I'm keen to get a real insurance policy so I've got injury cover [incl repatriation] while riding a 125cc scooter plus flights and luggage.

I'm struggling with the employment status question .. I can be freelance/business owner/retired [IRL I'm self employed ,1/2 retired ;-] not sure what the embassy accepts given I'm 50+

I posted about my application here:

As you’re applying for a ‘Retirement’ visa, it’s probably best to put Retired as your occupation. 
As each Embassy still issues their own visas, despite the e-visa system, I went by the requirements on the London Embassy website. Different embassies have different requirements.

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/84508-non-immigrant-visas

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

10 hours ago, davidge said:

As you’re applying for a ‘Retirement’ visa, it’s probably best to put Retired as your occupation. 
As each Embassy still issues their own visas, despite the e-visa system, I went by the requirements on the London Embassy website. Different embassies have different requirements.

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/84508-non-immigrant-visas

Thanks for the link, I'd been there before but lost track. I see after 2 years they still haven't fixed the misdirecting link for FEEs. And yes I see they want $100k insurance, obviously as the RTE London is issuing the VISA what they say goes but they contradict the website that collects the information for them, just as well they don't demand a document that cannot be uploaded via the ThaiEvisa website. 

I thought I'd be done with this by now but Allianze won't process my CC for reasons unknown.

On 26/10/2022 at 19:59, PostMan said:

have you recently -- post 1st Oct -- done this ?

In September a friend of mine got a reply from an enquiry to the Embassy saying the insurance was not required. He applied attaching a document saying 'Not Required' and got his visa. I applied on 17th Oct and attached the schedule of the Insurance that I have - this only shows policy number and dates of cover - no amounts. I got my visa 4 days later.

6 hours ago, roy111 said:

In September a friend of mine got a reply from an enquiry to the Embassy saying the insurance was not required. He applied attaching a document saying 'Not Required' and got his visa. I applied on 17th Oct and attached the schedule of the Insurance that I have - this only shows policy number and dates of cover - no amounts. I got my visa 4 days later.

And this is for the type O 90 day retirement visa ? Sorry to be pedantic its just there are so damn many types.

4 hours ago, PostMan said:

And this is for the type O 90 day retirement visa ? Sorry to be pedantic its just there are so damn many types.

Yes 90 day Single Entry Non-O, Retirement £60

4 hours ago, roy111 said:

Yes 90 day Single Entry Non-O, Retirement £60

FINALLY got the application in, new passport arrived, VISA accused me of fraud, Allianz has significant issues dealing AIB payments and credit card customer support takes over 40 minutes to take a call but I got there ;-)  now let's see what happens next.