IGNORED

2022 Football World Cup - Qatar

The Serpent

2 hours ago, daytripperz said:

Nowhere showing the 2am England game? Here with a mate, will we have to look like a couple of benders and have to go to one of our rooms to watch lol?

Isn't there a Chinese saying about crisis and opportunity? Grab some booze and some ladies and make a party of it. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Seems harsh.

Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) warns the National Broadcasting & Telecommunication Communications Commission (NBTC) Tues it will cut the signal to Thailand if the country fails to rein in on the violation of its broadcasting rights. 

FIFA says the violation of its broadcasting rights which have leaked to neighbouring countries. If the signal is cut, it will result in all Thais not being able to watch World Cup 2022 from Qatar

9 hours ago, Leo_Bia said:

Seems harsh.

Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) warns the National Broadcasting & Telecommunication Communications Commission (NBTC) Tues it will cut the signal to Thailand if the country fails to rein in on the violation of its broadcasting rights. 

FIFA says the violation of its broadcasting rights which have leaked to neighbouring countries. If the signal is cut, it will result in all Thais not being able to watch World Cup 2022 from Qatar

Harsh but not exactly surprising. FIFA is all about money, while corruption is ingrained in LOS and neighbouring countries. 

The Thais were reportedly campaigning for a discount to broadcast the WC, I don’t remember seeing a follow up on the eventual result but if there’s a way to circumvent FIFA then the guys in charge in SEA countries will surely find a way. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dr No said:

The Thais were reportedly campaigning for a discount to broadcast the WC, I don’t remember seeing a follow up on the eventual result but if there’s a way to circumvent FIFA then the guys in charge in SEA countries will surely find a way. 

On 17/11/2022 at 17:36, Leo_Bia said:

The Sports Authority of Thailand (SAT) has clinched a deal with Fifa to pay US$33 million, or about 1.2 billion baht, for the rights to live broadcast all 64 matches of the 2022 World Cup, SAT governor Kongsak Yodmanee said on Thursday.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/sports/2440275/world-cup-boadcast-deal-reached-but-funds-still-sought

1 hour ago, Leo_Bia said:

Kind of funny that FIFA that gave the World Cup rights to North Korea for free.

FIFA president Gianni Infantino says he would be open to North Korea hosting a World Cup to help “unite the world”.

Strange bedfellows.

Japanese players tidied up the dressing room before leaving, fans cleaned up inside the stadium.

I noticed the manager and associates were wearing suits c/w waistcoats, shirt and tie.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bangna said:

FIFA president Gianni Infantino says he would be open to North Korea hosting a World Cup to help “unite the world”.

Strange bedfellows.

I'm starting to miss Sepp Blatter...

• Haha 3

sexy-naughty.png.764576a2887de17787b7331889800d21.png

23 hours ago, bangna said:

Strange bedfellows.

Ya, South Korea included them in the Olympics as one solidarity "Korean" team.  

That did wonders....... "NOT"

Great win , Vamos Iran , Bring on USA … 

9 hours ago, jocky king said:

Great win , Vamos Iran , Bring on USA … 

Iran on 3 points now, 1 more than USA. A draw v USA and they could be through 

Just a point from a complete outsider..

Why does it seem that this event is getting a "black-eye" due to constant "host nation considerations"..?

I've always enjoyed the WC and I don't follow it at as some do religiously. But, it seems the host country is overshadowing the event with it's constant "problems"..?

55 minutes ago, Greg_B said:

Why does it seem that this event is getting a "black-eye" due to constant "host nation considerations"..?

I've always enjoyed the WC and I don't follow it at as some do religiously. But, it seems the host country is overshadowing the event with it's constant "problems"..?

There were doubts back in 2010 when it was awarded to Qatar, a country with strict (to most) rules/regulations and social habits is not considered an ideal place to host an even where people from all corners of the world will be visiting, Its human rights record seem to be a big bugbear for many and also its strict attitude towards gays, basically its a mes sof FIFA's own making because they're greedy and corrupt.

Edited by vimto66
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Greg_B said:

Deleted Post

Edited by LASportsNut

2 hours ago, Greg_B said:

1 hour ago, vimto66 said:

There were doubts back in 2010 when it was awarded to Qatar, a country with strict (to most) rules/regulations and social habits is not considered an ideal place to host an even where people from all corners of the world will be visiting, Its human rights record seem to be a big bugbear for many and also its strict attitude towards gays, basically its a mes sof FIFA's own making because they're greedy and corrupt.

There is a series on Netflix now called FIFA Uncovered that documents the corruption, bribes and scandal associated with the bidding process and awarding of hosting rights, endorsements, sponsorship etc with Blatter and his cronies. It really beggars belief that they were allowed to get away with it for so long.

image.png

22 minutes ago, Jebb said:

There is a series on Netflix now called FIFA Uncovered that documents the corruption, bribes and scandal associated with the bidding process and awarding of hosting rights, endorsements, sponsorship etc with Blatter and his cronies. It really beggars belief that they were allowed to get away with it for so long.

That is a great series.

I still can't believe Blatter was not involved somehow.

He must had his money transfer hidden somehow.

He for sure turned a blind eye at the very least.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LASportsNut said:

That is a great series.

I still can't believe Blatter was not involved somehow.

He must had his money transfer hidden somehow.

He for sure turned a blind eye at the very least.

28 minutes ago, Jebb said:

Doing a download now and it looks good (1st of 4 episodes)

Edited by Greg_B
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, vimto66 said:

There were doubts back in 2010 when it was awarded SOLD to Qatar, a country with strict (to most) rules/regulations and social habits is not considered an ideal place to host an even where people from all corners of the world will be visiting, Its human rights record seem to be a big bugbear for many and also its strict attitude towards gays, basically its a mes sof FIFA's own making because they're greedy and corrupt.

Hope you don't mind the alteration.    

7 hours ago, Jebb said:

There was a series called "The men who sold the World Cup"

On 26/11/2022 at 08:50, Jebb said:

It's been well known that the WC process was corrupt to the bone. 

It's one if the reasons why Australia will never host a WC. Corruption is not in our nature.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Corrado Soprano said:

It's one if the reasons why Australia will never host a WC. Corruption is not in our nature.

Even though the are hosting the Women WC in 2023?  555+

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Corrado Soprano said:

So Australia got the Olympics in 2000 and 2032 yet somehow didn't bribe anyone at the IOC ???

Ok

• Like 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png