Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

2022 Football World Cup - Qatar

The Serpent

7 hours ago, Tuna Town said:

Can't believe Qatar are as garbage a side as they are. 

Couldnt they have invested a few more of their corrupt $$ into players coaching etc ??

Actually, that was the problem.

9 hours ago, Tuna Town said:

Can't believe Qatar are as garbage a side as they are. 

Couldnt they have invested a few more of their corrupt $$ into players coaching etc ??

LOL  yeh unfortunately this is a case of 'Host country qualifies automatically' syndrome.

19 minutes ago, Corrado Soprano said:

LOL  yeh unfortunately this is a case of 'Host country qualifies automatically' syndrome.

I can't remember a World Cup when there was not disappointment at the opening game.

But this one has certainly brought out the Told You So Whingers today.

Edited by Leo_Bia

41 minutes ago, Corrado Soprano said:

Qatar is the first host nation in the tournament's history to lose the opening match in the World Cup.

• Like 1

The good news is that England are pumping air into the tyres of their fans hopes and dreams 

Looking forward to the moment it all goes pop as it inevitably does

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I remember 4½ years ago during the first round, a mate was complaining France was boring. I told him they would be tough to beat and my pick to win it. Sure enough... Have to admit England is giving me a similar vibe today. Not made my pick quite yet. But they certainly won't be easy to beat.

1 hour ago, Tuna Town said:

The good news is that England are pumping air into the tyres of their fans hopes and dreams 

Looking forward to the moment it all goes pop as it inevitably does

Semi-finals last world cup, final of the last Euros, not a bad record I would say. The win is coming

it was very busy witherspoons. probably a record day since covid take wise. alas they and others cannot show USA v Wales at 02.00

Although it dosnt really mean much Iran are officially ranked 20th, god knows how on that showing although England did play well, i didnt expect it to be so easy though tbh.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bangna said:

Qatar is the first host nation in the tournament's history to lose the opening match in the World Cup.

True but that statistic doesn't mean all that much.

We all know Qatar isn't a strong team anyway so with host nations automatically qualifying, this was sooner or later going to happen.

Historically weaker nations which hosted it haven't lost the opening game but have drawn (Sth Africa in 2010).

IMHO one of the most embarressing opening games ever was when France lost to Senegal in '02.  They wern't a host nation but a team which won the previous WC, that was embarresment on a world scale....  no pun intended.

1 hour ago, Corrado Soprano said:

Wales just scored!!  :Party3:

First half i was thinking this USA team look handy, they totally dominated Wales, second half different story as Wales could have won in a much better second half, i thought a draw was a fair result.

Edited by vimto66
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Thomaz73 said:

I remember 4½ years ago during the first round, a mate was complaining France was boring. I told him they would be tough to beat and my pick to win it. Sure enough... Have to admit England is giving me a similar vibe today. Not made my pick quite yet. But they certainly won't be easy to beat.

I can't see England winning for this reason. 

Their defence is not good enough 

Harry Maguire and Luke Shaw are 2 of the 4 who fail regularly at Man Utd 

They ain't all of a gonna turn it on to repel the best in the world when they fail regularly in the EPL 

I would also suggest that a Manager like Southgate is a liability. 

Besides his constant Wokeness virtue signalling being a needless distraction 

If a player like Phil Foden can't get a start in this side yet can get into a side like Man City then you know this guy is a fool of the highest order 

Considering England scored 6, they were far from convincing. Good finishes, but a fairly predictable plodding team. They have good options in the final third, but the rest of the side is functional at best. The amount of humped long balls they played yesterday was concerning. Especially against a team they shopping have been popping the ball about against.

Saudi Arabia just beat the Argentine side

Who seen that coming??

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, flythai said:

Huge upset, I can't remember a bigger upset..EVER!

Cameroon beating Defending Champs Argentina in 1990 

Senegal beating Defending Champs France in 2002 

They be two who would hold a chancev

• Like 2

Where will English/USA holidaying football fans watch the game Saturday 2am? Police still clamping down it would seem

edit//quoted a wrong post.

Edited by vimto66

Not Qatar cup related, but I found amusing...

AFC Crewe, who play in the 14th tier in the English football pyramid, have offered Ronaldo a club record £35 per week, which would make him the highest paid player at the club

21 hours ago, splitpin said:

Where will English/USA holidaying football fans watch the game Saturday 2am? Police still clamping down it would seem

Yeah, it's a sad business. One way could be to find a LT and have her take you to one of these moo kata places around 3rd road and beyond. Otherwise hotel/condo. 

Nowhere showing the 2am England game? Here with a mate, will we have to look like a couple of benders and have to go to one of our rooms to watch lol?

44 minutes ago, daytripperz said:

Nowhere showing the 2am England game? Here with a mate, will we have to look like a couple of benders and have to go to one of our rooms to watch lol?

What happens in Pattaya 

Stays in Pattaya 

555😜😜

• Haha 2

Good to see these clowns who keep wanting to bringing "their" politics into the equation get their come uppance 

Your paid to play football not Virtue Signal

1669216843139.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Tuna Town said:

Good to see these clowns who keep wanting to bringing "their" politics into the equation get their come uppance 

Your paid to play football not Virtue Signal

Agreed. 

I wish all of these players, teams, countries, etc, would keep politics out of sports.

The customers watch sports to escape politics.

• Like 3