Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Old condos are better then new ones?

Black Wolf

I have heard it many times: the building quality in the old (10/20 ) Year old Condos is much better, then in the new build. But is it true. How does someone recognize?

53 minutes ago, Black Wolf said:

I have heard it many times: the building quality in the old (10/20 ) Year old Condos is much better, then in the new build. But is it true. How does someone recognize?

Bang on the walls and have someone in the above unit jump and down.

An aquarium style condo would be a no go for me.  The place where I stayed in August had a glass wall between the living room and kitchen, which wasn’t bad. Some of the places I’ve seen for on line have glass wall throughout. I guess a sheet of glass is thinner and cheaper than a standard wall, but it’s not for me.  That, and the microwave on a shelf between my knees and the floor. 

Edited by forqalso

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill

On 15/10/2022 at 22:33, forqalso said:

An aquarium style condo would be a no go for me.  The place where I stayed in August had a glass wall between the living room and kitchen, which wasn’t bad. Some of the places I’ve seen for on line have glass wall throughout. I guess a sheet of glass is thinner and cheaper than a standard wall, but it’s not for me.  That, and the microwave on a shelf between my knees and the floor. 

Even worse when they have a glass wall between the living room and toilet !!

On 15/10/2022 at 19:21, Black Wolf said:

older ones...............certainly the one i live in.................typically will have larger sq mtr units and thicker walls and ceilings. i suffer very little noise unless somebody is removing tiles / hammering etc. my condo has a few at 37 sq m but most are 50 and a few bigger. new builds will often start at around 24 mtrs. older condos  will also probably enjoy lower common fees / sq mtr for owners. mine is 11,400 per year @ 50 sq m. you are not going to find that in a new build.............it will be more baht for less metres

the deal breaker is location. new builds tend to be further out where land is available at a cheaper price. but then it's not very convenient for daily life.

Edited by striderman

The "older" condos was, in general, built for western specifications i.e. larger sqm and for actual year around living. Building materials that were chosen are perhaps not the highest ESG-rated by todays standards, but they stand the test of times. 

Today's condo's are, in general, vacation properties aimed at the Chinese and/or Airbnb-owners. 

• 4 months later...

"aimed at the Chinese" So the Condos are filling up now, as the Chines are allowed to come back?