IGNORED

West Coast USA low fare

landslide

A couple months ago I signed with Orbitz for their deal detector. Today I was notified about an $817 RT airfare to BKK out of Portland, Oregon. Flight is Delta Airlines to NRT, and NWA to BKK. Same routing in reverse for the return. I like having only one stop each way. Drawback is that the PDX to NRT leg is on a Delta 767, which does not have seatback video. However, this is the best deal I've found in quite some time, so I have booked the flight. Out on June 18, returning July 8. Now I just have to maintain patience till departure. LOS, here I come!

Got my last flight for $848 from MSP, 10 days before I left. Used nwa's own sight spent about 1 week, checking a few times a day finally saved about $700 but had to spend 7 hrs in San Francisco on way home only.

Got my last flight for $848 from MSP, 10 days before I left. Used nwa's own sight spent about 1 week, checking a few times a day finally saved about $700 but had to spend 7 hrs in San Francisco on way home only.

From Portland, this is about the optimum routing for me, if I have got to fly economy. Layovers in Tokyo are only about 2 hours each way. I really hate the thought of the 5:05am departure in Bangkok on return, but will probably just stay up all night and try to get some sleep on the way back. The outbound departure at 2:20pm is a great time. Don't have to get up early. I will actually have time to get some work done before I leave.

A couple months ago I signed with Orbitz for their deal detector. Today I was notified about an $817 RT airfare to BKK out of Portland, Oregon. Flight is Delta Airlines to NRT, and NWA to BKK. Same routing in reverse for the return. I like having only one stop each way. Drawback is that the PDX to NRT leg is on a Delta 767, which does not have seatback video. However, this is the best deal I've found in quite some time, so I have booked the flight. Out on June 18, returning July 8. Now I just have to maintain patience till departure. LOS, here I come!

does anyone know for sure, can you buy flights on nwa with delta ff miles? after sept or oct. i believe delta and continental won't fly to bkk. i need to use my amex reward points.

delta and nwa are pretty much the same company now. You can switch your delta ff miles to nwa and vice versa for free now.

Thanks for the tip, I usually find the best deals on United and have since racked up enough miles that I'm willing to pay a tad more for my next trip on United since that will give me enough miles to fly to BKK from Dallas round trip for FREE :Flying:

Guys regardless of who you fly with make sure you sign up for their mileage club and get your miles for all your trips, they sure do add up! :GrinNod1:

Jim

Thanks for the tip, I usually find the best deals on United and have since racked up enough miles that I'm willing to pay a tad more for my next trip on United since that will give me enough miles to fly to BKK from Dallas round trip for FREE :Flying:

Guys regardless of who you fly with make sure you sign up for their mileage club and get your miles for all your trips, they sure do add up! :GrinNod1:

i normally fly united out of texas too but since i just found out i could link my delta and nwa ff accounts(thanks jimmy) and thus transfer amex awards to delta then transfer them to nwa worldperks...BINGO! i just got a free ticket! life is good! nwa is pretty shitty compared to united but free is beautiful! that makes about the 4th free one to bangkok now, one to brazil, and one to africa.

Edited by deadwood

• 2 weeks later...
From Portland, this is about the optimum routing for me, if I have got to fly economy. Layovers in Tokyo are only about 2 hours each way. I really hate the thought of the 5:05am departure in Bangkok on return, but will probably just stay up all night and try to get some sleep on the way back. The outbound departure at 2:20pm is a great time. Don't have to get up early. I will actually have time to get some work done before I leave.

The NWA changed to 5:35AM for me, that is the 16th of July flight.

Check China air. Sign up as dynesty flyer. D'ont know if they go to Portland. They are running

a lot of specials. Last month prices were as low as $528. from LAX. Good service, TV's foods OK.

The NWA changed to 5:35AM for me, that is the 16th of July flight.

My departure time ouot of Bangkok was changed to 5:35am, as well. I also am arriving 15 minutes earlier. Seems they shortened up the layover times, since I leave Portland at the same time, and arrive back in Portland at the same time I booked.