Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Shipping agent

David Brent

hi mongers

has anyone had any experience with using a shipping/cargo agent in pattaya to send stuff back to uk (like a cabin trunk for example)

Not i Pattaya but used one a few times in BKK.

Sent clothes and stuff. 50KG is 11000 bath including package and all. You have to pick up by at the airport in UK (toll).

The one I used is right outside Bayoke Sky hotel on the left side (under Indra Hotel).

BTW - see this post:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/Sendi...&hl=Baiyoke

Hi JV

Thanx very much for the tip. I also tried the pattaya post office. you can send up to 20kg by economy air 15-20 days arrival for around 5000B

BUT let me confirm that in a day or 2 I dont have the figures on me and had too much beer last night :):GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1:

info update

pattaya post office rates for airmail parcels

They do an economy rate called SAL (sea and Land?)

5kg 1920

10kg 3320

15 kg 4720

20 kg 6120

which takes 15 to 20 days

the regular airmail takes 7 to 10 days and the price is roughly 50% more than the above

i have seen many large parcels sent that way, (presumably snide football shirts heh heh :Hello1:

I used DHL on my last trip. My package got held up in US Customs for about a week for paperwork issues, and I thought it was to expensive. ~20Kg and I think it was 4000 OR 5000 Baht.

Avoid DHL and FedEx and UPS as they all suck big ballz and will seize anything they possibly deem as counterfit

The Thai Post has set weight boxes that are the best best - EMS service is available for up to 20 kilo's

Forgot to mention - the agents at Pratunam (Biyoke sky hotel) ship by air - takes 2-3 days for your stuff to get home (they wait to the next flight avaible).