IGNORED

Thai bus crash leaves 17 dead 59 injured

Al.

Thai bus crash leaves 17 dead

A BUS crash in Thailand overnight left at least 17 people dead and 59 others injured, highway police said.

They said a bus travelling from the northeast province of Nakhon Ratchasima to the capital careered across the road, smashing into another bus and a pickup truck travelling the opposite way about 145km from Bangkok.

Police believe the bus lost control in slippery road conditions caused by rain.

The three people travelling in the pickup truck were killed, as well as 14 people from the two buses, they said.

All the 59 injured, including between eight and ten people in a critical condition, were sent to five hospitals nearby.

www.news.com.au

This is the main road from Bangkok to Korat, Khon Kaen, Udon Thani a friend of mine left at 6am this morning on the bus from Pattaya to Udon Thani personally for the difference an additional 800 Baht I would rather fly not only that 10 hours on a bus is no joke some of these drivers are maniacs behind the wheel. I have heard that their wages are cut if they dont arrive on time if it's true then the bus company should also share the blame.

Al.

This is the main road from Bangkok to Korat, Khon Kaen, Udon Thani a friend of mine left at 6am this morning on the bus from Pattaya to Udon Thani personally for the difference an additional 800 Baht I would rather fly not only that 10 hours on a bus is no joke some of these drivers are maniacs behind the wheel. I have heard that their wages are cut if they dont arrive on time if it's true then the bus company should also share the blame.

Al.

800 baht not to sit 10 hours on a bus is well worth the price.

They said a bus travelling from the northeast province of Nakhon Ratchasima to the capital careered across the road,

What does careered mean??

Sad though.

msg-16802-1244750478.jpg

How to resize your Photo's

I live my life like I type. Fast and with a lot of mistakes. ©

Shoot me an Email

I'm amazed there are not more of these accidents the way the Thai's drive all over the road, while having a few passengers atop the roof. I think it's definitely a wise investment to fly if possible.

You really don't know? I thought English was the first language over there.......

icon4.gif

careened?

career (MOVE)

verb [i usually + adverb or preposition]

(especially of a vehicle) to move fast and uncontrollably:

eg The coach careered down a slope and collided with a bank.

Cambridge Dictionary

"England and America are two countries separated by a common language."

George Bernard Shaw

A Puritan is someone who is deathly afraid that someone, somewhere, is having fun.

You really don't know? I thought English was the first language over there.......

icon4.gif

they call an arse a fanny over there so you can forgive them for being confused from time to time

sad news about the buss to say the least , dont think id travel on one even if i could

i have traveled many times on buses in Thailand , mainly through the night , i have often thought they were going to fast or over take when they cannot see round corners. . sad news , how many poor Thais have been left with a hospital bills not through there own fault.Life is hard enough for them and busses are the only way most of them can travel.

Travled by bus quite a bit with GF. mostly at night. She always wanted to sit in the front row

on the top level until I explained we would be first killed in a crash. Slept most of the time.

Always getting woke up by swerving driver. sometimes I was'nt sure if we both were'nt asleep!

Thats pretty bad and at first I thought it may have been due to a driver falling asleep at the wheel.

I've been asked why I get a taxi from BBK to Patts instead of a bus because its cheaper before and this story has just re-affirmed my choice.

No rush and just a steady pace to Patts in 1 1/2 hours for me evertime.

My understanding of women goes only as far as the pleasures.

-- Michael Caine (Alfie, 1966)