Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Looks like Bruno's Might be Reopening

I was driving South on Thappraya today and I noticed that the sign in front of the old Bruno's location next to Gian's said "Bruno's Bar and Restaurant". Traffic being what it was, I did not get a chance to read the entire sign, but the signs for the former Chinese place were all gone.

This would be good news from my perspective. Bruno's was possibly the first more upscale restaurant in the Pattaya area IMO. It would be good to see them making a comeback.

What format the reopening might have and when they might reopen -> I have no idea. I did some internet searches and came up with nothing.

I would guess that they might follow the Cafe Blu formula that Cafe des Amis adopted. That would be a less serious place with more moderately priced dishes, but still having the service and ambiance of the original location. Hope springs eternal.    

Best I can work out, same name and same location but a different business with different personnel.

We’ll see what transpires but don’t expect it to be a return to how it was.

Should be a soft opening soon.

• Like 3

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Darrin Lowe Ex GM of Sportsman is getting it back open he knows his stuff . I am sure it will be better than the old place never rated the old place.

• Like 2

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

10 hours ago, Soi7 said:

Darrin Lowe Ex GM of Sportsman is getting it back open he knows his stuff . I am sure it will be better than the old place never rated the old place.

The old place was one of the best around IMO. If it’s going to be more like the Sportsman then it’s a definite downward shift. Just another pub grub like place of which there’s loads around. Not so many places for more refined meals though.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, davidge said:

The old place was one of the best around IMO. If it’s going to be more like the Sportsman then it’s a definite downward shift. Just another pub grub like place of which there’s loads around. Not so many places for more refined meals though.

Going to be fine dining similar to what it was

• Like 3

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

It will open with the original German chef, who has gone into business with the guy for 'Pepper and Salt' (which by the way has some really excellent food).

On 03/10/2022 at 08:34, Soi7 said:

Going to be fine dining similar to what it was

Good to know.

On 03/10/2022 at 08:42, thainet said:

It will open with the original German chef, who has gone into business with the guy for 'Pepper and Salt' (which by the way has some really excellent food).

The posts on FB suggest Fredi isn’t involved. Hope you’re right.

• Like 2

I haven't seen the fb posts. Just something he told me when I was eating at 'P & S' one night. So it will remain to be seen.

On 03/10/2022 at 09:25, thainet said:

I haven't seen the fb posts. Just something he told me when I was eating at 'P & S' one night. So it will remain to be seen.

I’ve just seen an announcement that Fredi has become a full partner in Pepper&Salt so maybe that’s what he was talking about?

• 3 months later...

We finally made it to the reopened Bruno's the other night with another couple.

https://brunosrestaurantwinebar.business.site/?utm_source=gmb&utm_medium=referral

IMO Bruno's today is not back to where it used to be. I am not saying that it is bad, but it is so-so at this point in time. This was a little disappointing to me as I used to be a fan. Again they have just recently reopened, so maybe they will work things out.

Several points:

• The menu, though broad, is not as broad as back in the day. Additionally they were  out of several items.
  • I ordered a cocktail to start (a Rob Roy) and the bartender clearly had no idea how to make one, despite my offering directions. Probably a language problem.
  • The biggest problem was that all of the food was just so-so and at a place like this one is expecting better.
  • The house wine (sounds great at 1000 a bottle) is just bad.
  • Service is good, but not enough to make up for the other problems.

I hope to read that they are turning things around, as this used to be a favorite place of mine for an occasional take the Thai Wife out for a nice dinner. 

A few pics.

The Thai Wife ordered scallops. She very much likes the ones across the parking lot at Gian's. She said these did not begin to compare.

1933945210_Brunos-A.thumb.jpg.ac3ef7c01e43eabbc7db2039705aaa6f.jpg

I ordered Beef Stroganoff as they were out of both of my first two choices. It was mediocre at best.

1674548081_Brunos-B.thumb.jpg.b49f0581f9aa136aabab9d96ff547010.jpg

The other couple guy ordered Pene and Salmon. Not much Salmon in the pic and he said ok but not great.

522828843_Brunos-C.thumb.jpg.5abc9af9d9c0c2ecf387a089de969810.jpg

The other couple lady ordered a Caesar Salad. Looked great, but the chicken was dry and tasteless.

607536170_Brunos-D.thumb.jpg.23ed1cc37f10be0eaa70fd285e43a3ca.jpg

All in all dinner for 4 with one bottle of house wine, a couple of beers, and two cocktails came to a little over 5000. Will I be back? - not very soon.