Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Buying a *new* bike - any special considerations?

Jackie2013

Hi, 

I'm about to buy my first new bike and I just had a general question if there's anything important that I should keep in mind (something you wished you knew when you purchased your bike)?. :)

Going for the Aerox 2022, so nothing big or financially devastating. Thanks! 

check that its a 2022 model and manufactured in 2022

Open the seat, theres a couuple of stickers under  there telling the story of when it was built

For all your Pattaya Golf and Hotel Reservations visit www.pattayagolf.com

On 30/09/2022 at 13:50, Jackie2013 said:

Hi, 

I'm about to buy my first new bike and I just had a general question if there's anything important that I should keep in mind (something you wished you knew when you purchased your bike)?. :)

Going for the Aerox 2022, so nothing big or financially devastating. Thanks! 

A few things that I experienced. Nothing bad, but just was not sure what to expect:

• My bike (2022 Honda Forza) was not on the lot so I ordered it.
  • My deposit was only 500-1000 baht (forget) but it was so inexpensive.
  • They would not let me order it without approval from immigration.
  • I used an agent, only because I have a Elite Visa and just used them for 2000 baht for immigration cost and agent fee.
  • The bike arrived 3 months after like they said it would.
  • I got a free helmet with my bike, but I already had purchased 2 new ones. 
  • They barely gave me any fuel, so I had to fill the tank right away.
  • I had to go back another time to order an extra keyless FOB. Unsure why not when I picked it up, but that was a pain, then after it arrived I had to go back to get it programed.
  • I am still waiting for the permanent license plate (White) as I still have the temporary (Red) attached.

You may or may not have these same experiences, but it is worth noting and maybe inquire before so you are aware.

Have the oil changed immediately. The factory puts in oil to test the bike (just to fire it up), and the dealer is to change the oil upon arrival, and are reimbursed for the cost. My neighbour just bought the new click, and at 72 km, his oil was black and came out the consistency of water. He suspects that the dealers are claiming for the oil change, but not doing it. He buys and flips bikes constantly, so he knows what he is talking about. He bought a 2018 PCX for 70k and rode it for a while, sold it for 95k recently. Prices are up across the board on in demand bikes. 

If it floats, flies or fucks, RENT IT!!!!! "He who hesitates, masturbates"

1 hour ago, freedom42 said:

his oil was black and came out the consistency of water. 

Black after a few combustion cycles and blow by gases, no doubt. Drain a w30 viscosity oil at operating temp and it resembles water - its not particularly thick to start with. 

11 hours ago, freedom42 said:

Have the oil changed immediately. The factory puts in oil to test the bike (just to fire it up), and the dealer is to change the oil upon arrival, and are reimbursed for the cost. My neighbour just bought the new click, and at 72 km, his oil was black and came out the consistency of water. He suspects that the dealers are claiming for the oil change, but not doing it. He buys and flips bikes constantly, so he knows what he is talking about. He bought a 2018 PCX for 70k and rode it for a while, sold it for 95k recently. Prices are up across the board on in demand bikes. 

Now you tell me. 555

I am at 951 km and due for the 1000 km check up so I will just take it in right away.

Some engines are shipped with the oil drained for hazmat reasons.

If you don't get the Yamaha, get a Honda. Do not get a chinese made bike. They look good but all the parts are half the quality of the other two. Its better to get a used Honda than most of the Chinese bikes even if they are clones.

It was mentioned about waiting months for a new bike.

Not that it's not possible but, I'd be surprised if you had to order a brand new 2022 Aerox. Many dealers namely Mityon would I imagine have them available and in stock.

As a matter fact just recently I saw them at the Mityon on 3rd Rd & Pattaya Tai and the one on Thepprasit when I went in search of something for my Yamaha Nmax.

I have friends who experienced long waits for Forzas and the new Honda ADV 350. 

I purchased my first bike a brand new 2018 Honda Click from Mityon after I moved here in October 2018. I had no issues or complaints at all! There was nothing I wish I had known in advance the entire process went smoothly for me! :)

Edited by Rocketboy

• 6 months later...
On 03/10/2022 at 12:12, LASportsNut said:

A few things that I experienced. Nothing bad, but just was not sure what to expect:

•  
  • I am still waiting for the permanent license plate (White) as I still have the temporary (Red) attached.

You may or may not have these same experiences, but it is worth noting and maybe inquire before so you are aware.

I just purchased the anew Aerox but it has red plates. The dealer just tossed over a bunch of Thai paperwork and told me to get it sorted. I took it to a couple of agents but they all said it's not their thing.

Be grateful for any ideas how to move it on.

2 hours ago, LoneCelt said:

I just purchased the anew Aerox but it has red plates. The dealer just tossed over a bunch of Thai paperwork and told me to get it sorted. I took it to a couple of agents but they all said it's not their thing.

Be grateful for any ideas how to move it on.

I was confused about the red plates too.

The red plates are temporary from the dealer (assuming). After you complete all the paperwork they gave you, turn it in as it is the formal registration. Once the white plates are delivered to the dealer, they will call you for an exchange of plates.  

Ah ha. So that explains the red plates.
Still leaves the problem of papers (in Thai) which no seems to know what to do with.
Anytime I have bought a new vehicle anywhere, the dealer had to deal with the formalities. 
Just be interested to know has this happened to any other readers and if so how they got it sorted, I don't even know what office to approach