Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Koh Chang, recent recommendations...

I did a search and found nearly all recommendations for hotel/resorts on Koh Chang were at least 4 or more years old. 
Has anyone been there more recently and can recommend a nice hotel on the waterfront. Not sure yet where I want to be , thinking White Sand beach has good selection of restaurants, been there before and liked it. But we go by car, so any place will be considered. I like comfortable bed, can't stand the rock hard box like mattresses. 

I was there a couple of weeks ago. I stayed in 15 Palms, small boutique hotel on White sands Beach. I went back there because I tried a few places and this had the best vibe.

The bed was good although the room we were in didn't have great ventilation so abit musty.

They have a small bar and restaurant and places to sit and chill.

https://15palms.com/

• 1 month later...

stayed at kc grande on white sand beach. great beds, jacuzzi bathtub in room, excellent food and reasonable drink prices. also lots of cozy bars on the beach after a short 5 minute stroll

Just on the ferry returning from Koh Chang. Stayed at the Bhumiyama resort which is in the reopening process and has changed ownership. Can't book in Agoda ir booking.com yet and the old website isn't taking bookings either. So best is walk in. New webpage not up yet. Bungalows (2 floors) are 1350 Baht incl. breakfast for 2

We pretty much had the resort on Lonely Beach to ourselves. The long closure during Covid has taken its toll, but the staff are in the process of making any necessary repairs. Most importantly, there were no sand flies.

IMG20221030151157.jpg

IMG20221030151203.jpg

IMG20221030151221.jpg

IMG20221030151335.jpg

IMG20221031105408.jpg

1 hour ago, CampariO said:

We pretty much had the resort on Lonely Beach to ourselves. The long closure during Covid has taken its toll, but the staff are in the process of making any necessary repairs. Most importantly, there were no sand flies.

IMG20221030151157.jpg

IMG20221030151203.jpg

IMG20221030151221.jpg

IMG20221030151335.jpg

IMG20221031105408.jpg

Looks very nice indeed.

5 hours ago, CampariO said:

IMG20221030151157.jpg

IMG20221030151203.jpg

IMG20221030151221.jpg

IMG20221030151335.jpg

IMG20221031105408.jpg

name of the place pls ?

Dayo...

1 hour ago, dayo202 said:

name of the place pls ?

He's already given the name of the place in his posts  :)

On 03/11/2022 at 03:58, CampariO said:

Just on the ferry returning from Koh Chang. Stayed at the Bhumiyama resort which is in the reopening process and has changed ownership. Can't book in Agoda ir booking.com yet and the old website isn't taking bookings either. So best is walk in. New webpage not up yet. Bungalows (2 floors) are 1350 Baht incl. breakfast for 2

Sounds like you had company but wondering if you have any observations to share on the bar scene there and whether there was any talent?

I know Koh Chang is taking a while to warm up after Covid but my preference for my trip in Jan/Feb is to go alone rather than take an LLT as I normally do. Any observations re the bar scene would be helpful. 

7 hours ago, BlooBell said:

Sounds like you had company but wondering if you have any observations to share on the bar scene there and whether there was any talent?

I know Koh Chang is taking a while to warm up after Covid but my preference for my trip in Jan/Feb is to go alone rather than take an LLT as I normally do. Any observations re the bar scene would be helpful. 

Went with the wife, we only stayed around Lonely Beach and Kai Bae Beach, which have few bars that had bar staff rather than P4P girls. Maybe White Sands Beach is better, but don't think so, because tourism on the island is still not as it used to be.

• Like 2

So very sad 

Koh Chang is the most visibly devastated place I've seen post Covid. Have been here twice before, B4C, and here now, and it's a ghost town. Block after block of strip shop fronts empty,  many with the remnants of some small business persons' dreams lying within gathering dust. Very very 😔 sad.

There are a few bars open with a minimum of crew, respectfully not Tier 1 nor even Tier 2 ladies. If you're coming, bring your own, there's nothing here for you.

I was going to stay a week but it is so depressing I'm pulling out after 3 days.

If you're looking for an empty beautiful beach resort experience and are good with just doing the resort experience with no commotion or thriving environment, perhaps it's for you, otherwise I've got to believe you can easily kind a far better destination for now.

Wish the community the best in their recovery.

That sucks to hear.

Long time since I visited but Koh Chang was my favorite non-mongering spot in Thailand.

Let's hope it returns to it's former glory.

Wondrous spot.

• Like 3

On 08/11/2022 at 05:38, simon6666 said:

That sucks to hear.

Long time since I visited but Koh Chang was my favorite non-mongering spot in Thailand.

Let's hope it returns to it's former glory.

Wondrous spot.

Likewise.

Was looking forward to getting back there in Jan/Feb for the first time 2019.

Will still probably go but its sad to hear how much it's struggling. A TG I speak to said pretty much the same thing - that it just isn't picking up like other parts of Thailand. 

Maybe this coming high season will see a renaissance.

What's interesting in respect of Jan/Feb is both the hotel prices, which are certainly not reflective of a lack of business, and the fact that a lot of of the hotels are requesting payment now with the offer to refund, rather than offering the usual free cancelation with no upfront fee. Perhaps hoping to pocket a few quid at inflated prices to keep them ticking over.

Edited by BlooBell

Out of interest, for any KC regulars, are there any girl friendly hotels in Lonely Beach. 

I'm over in December, and if it has picked up, I was going to go over for four nights

Two on lonely beach and two at Whitesand beach was the plan.

Would this have been  good strategy pre covid? 

I will keep an eye on here for updates. Thanks to the OP.

Edited by Leo McGarry
I'm a dufus

I have been here for a couple of days now.  It a beautiful place as per before and they have really fixed up roads(Hiway coming to ferry as well as on island) so a great place to sharpen up your scooter skills.  Think I had mentioned on one of these that there used to be a bar on ferry end of whitesands called zip bar that had women in it.  Well, not anymore.  Funny enough cute girl that runs the place said that a lot of farangs asked about zip bar - lol.  

There are quite a few bars open in the Walking street(maybe it action st) in white sands and note there a walking st with quite a few bars in it in Kaibae.  Lonely beach is pretty lonely, but it not a full moon either.  Had never spent any time on non-whitesands side of island and there are some pretty cool places over there.  

I will be needing some sort of release by about tomorrow so if anybody has a favorite massage place here with extras it would be good to hear about.  Thai Friendly is pretty lonely as not even a Koh chang section.  There a bikini contest here on Thurs so would think some talent would show up, but I will be gone long before than - lol.  Thank you.

Just left after two weeks in White Sands.

Although did daily massages didn't find one that even hinted at extras.

Sakura bar, on road w pink lights first bar in complex before Makro, was the closest to a Pattaya BB in terms of go-with BGs. Girls were heavy but young and had good vibe. They have different sexy uniforms for each day, which is nice. 

As I said earlier, and too late for you,  this is a BYOBG place.  

Good luck and please report back if you discover a honeypot as I'll be returning in the new year. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Not recent but I was there last October 2021 mid covid period. I stayed at Flora I talay resort on klong prao beach. We (me and gogo girl from BKK) had the whole beach for us alone. Few restaurants and beach bars open

1) Even before covid (visited KC around 10 times, mostly short trips) the quality and especially quantity of p4p girls was very limited = so bring your own night fun !!!

2) Plenty of great resorts on different beaches suiting every budget and/or interest. Personally i prefer klong prao beach as the beach is nicer than white sand beach (FYI most is washed away due to recent rain and floodings) and vicinity of nice restaurants & beachbars

• Like 2

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

Enjoying the recent updates to this thread. I’m going to Koh Chang early Jan for 3 nights with my favourite FL’er. Staying at Awa Resort on Kai Bae Beach and will check out a few of the mentioned places. 

On 09/12/2022 at 04:37, Dr No said:

Enjoying the recent updates to this thread. I’m going to Koh Chang early Jan for 3 nights with my favourite FL’er. Staying at Awa Resort on Kai Bae Beach and will check out a few of the mentioned places. 

Let us know how you go.

I'll not be long after you.

• 1 month later...

"Kai Bae beach area was very busy,"

" it was busy enough at Lonely Beach during the day we went"

Thats annoying to hear, so much for Ko Chang being quiet, hope you enjoyed your stay

I'm heading to Ko Chang for a couple of weeks on the 20 Jan, currently on Ko Samui til then ( which is also pretty busy)

I was in Ko Chang for 4 nights a week ago stayed at white sands beach and it was very very slow. Little Pattaya the beer bar area there was not worth a visit IMO. If you are a quite beach type you will be happy

• Like 1

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

5 hours ago, Soi7 said:

I was in Ko Chang for 4 nights a week ago stayed at white sands beach and it was very very slow. Little Pattaya the beer bar area there was not worth a visit IMO. If you are a quite beach type you will be happy

What hotel?

I stayed at WSB hotel years ago and it was pretty dated.  Loved the quiet beach in that area though.

KC Grande on white sand beach is very nice close to the limited action as well

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

11 hours ago, jaynewcastle said:

"Kai Bae beach area was very busy,"

" it was busy enough at Lonely Beach during the day we went"

Thats annoying to hear, so much for Ko Chang being quiet, hope you enjoyed your stay

I'm heading to Ko Chang for a couple of weeks on the 20 Jan, currently on Ko Samui til then ( which is also pretty busy)

Busy is a relevant term though, it’s not like there was mobs of people but it certainly wasn’t dead. If Samui is back to pre COVID trade then I’d say the areas of Koh Chang I visited are less busy than that. 
I’ve not done KC before but have done Samui numerous times so that’s the experience I can draw from. 

• Like 2