IGNORED

Exchange rates

Yorkshire007

Didn't there used to be a link here which told you the daily exchange rates ? The pound isn't worth much 😭 but what's the Aussie dollar going at 

And I go sometimes on stock exchange website to look how the bath is going up and down

Very crazy atm ... some days +1% next day -1% ...

And you can see evolution on a week, month, year, 5 years, 10 years( 😞 when it was about 45 for 1€ !)

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, filipef said:

So i am told TT is the best in Pattaya. But what i ask is: if i stay in BKK before going to Pattaya, is it better for me to exchange in BKK?

I ask because of what i see here: https://daytodaydata.net/  

SuperRich is the best in Bangkok and they are compatible with TT but TT is slightly better.

2 hours ago, LASportsNut said:

SuperRich is the best in Bangkok and they are compatible with TT but TT is slightly better.

Maybe i am not reading right, i admit, but what i see, today, is, for Euro:

SIA, VASU (100 and 500 notes) and Superrich: 36.75 (in daytoday.net)

TT: 36.52 (their facebook)

So, i think it is the opposite.

And, what do you mean by "compatible with"? You mean they offer close rates?

he probably wanted to say "comparable". (just my guess)

use https://ttexchange.com/ for the rates, currently they show 36.70 for large € bills. 

normally they're slighty lower than superrich (headquarter) and vasu. so yes, if you have the option, change it in bangkok. but again: superrich rates vary. and for example the one at bts asok is clearly worse than their headquarter rate. 
i recommend vasu if you're in the area. 

but the difference is normally, it doesn't matter much anyway. 

assuming you change a lot, let's say 5k €. The difference between 36.75 and 36.70 exchange rate results in 250 thb in the end. 
of course, if the difference is 36.75 vs 36.52 (like their facebook apparently said), the difference will be bigger, but it's still "only" 1150. 
which sure, 1k thb is 1k thb. and if you have the option, change it in bangkok... but we're talking about 5000€ here (so around 184'000 thb... 

and most people will change a few hundred usd / € / gpb at the time, and then it really won't matter. less than a beer difference in the end. 

but yeah, normally the vasu & superrich spread (at the main branches) is slightly better than TT. 
but TT is normally slow in updating their rates, so it's often possible to get a rate at TT that is super close to the current forex rate, cause they haven't change it yet even though the forex rate changed by 0.2% or so since opening...

Edited by petehoax
  • Thanks 1

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

6 hours ago, filipef said:

Maybe i am not reading right, i admit, but what i see, today, is, for Euro:

SIA, VASU (100 and 500 notes) and Superrich: 36.75 (in daytoday.net)

TT: 36.52 (their facebook)

So, i think it is the opposite.

And, what do you mean by "compatible with"? You mean they offer close rates?

@petehoax

Yes, I meant comparable.

Last night before the post I did a quick check on USD.

TT was .5 better return than SuperRich.

51 minutes ago, LASportsNut said:

TT was .5 better return than SuperRich.

Is that .5 the same as half a baht ?  I.E.  37.4 vs 37.9  ?

1 minute ago, OKAY said:

Is that .5 the same as half a baht ?  I.E.  37.4 vs 37.9  ?

Yes

10 hours ago, LASportsNut said:

Yes

i really really doubt that tbh. 

the spread between forex rate and superrich is much less than 0.5 thb for USD. That would be a charge of nearly 1.5% vs official rate... Superrich never charges that much, especially for USD large denominations.

example from right now: official rate from xe.com: 37.824 thb per usd
rate from superrich: 37.65 thb per usd (so 0.17thb below the official rate). 

and you're saying that TT paid 38.15 (in the example), which would be far better than the official forex rate...

so you see how that can't work? of course it's posible that TT was mispriced and showed (or even paid) way too much... but tbh, i think it's more likely that you looked at the wrong course or misremembered or something like this. 

(fwiw, right now at this moment, TT shows 37.65 thb per usd as well, so identical to superrich headquarter. and identical to vasu exchange). 

As i said: Most likely scenario: you saw it wrong. Less likely scenario: TT was vastly mispriced. Other scenario: Superrich was vastly mispriced and offered a much worse course than they do normally (or every single time i've looked). But who knows. My guess: You switched up the "buy" and the "sell" rate.
But TT being 0.5 thb better than superrich is simply something that doesn't happen without an error occuring at one place. 

not trying to start a fight, to be clear :) 
but i just don't want a newbie reading this and thinking he can get 0.5 thb more at TT than at superrich. Under 99.99% of all circumstances that won't be the case. 

Edited by petehoax

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

9 hours ago, petehoax said:

i really really doubt that tbh. 

the spread between forex rate and superrich is much less than 0.5 thb for USD. That would be a charge of nearly 1.5% vs official rate... Superrich never charges that much, especially for USD large denominations.

example from right now: official rate from xe.com: 37.824 thb per usd
rate from superrich: 37.65 thb per usd (so 0.17thb below the official rate). 

and you're saying that TT paid 38.15 (in the example), which would be far better than the official forex rate...

so you see how that can't work? of course it's posible that TT was mispriced and showed (or even paid) way too much... but tbh, i think it's more likely that you looked at the wrong course or misremembered or something like this. 

(fwiw, right now at this moment, TT shows 37.65 thb per usd as well, so identical to superrich headquarter. and identical to vasu exchange). 

As i said: Most likely scenario: you saw it wrong. Less likely scenario: TT was vastly mispriced. Other scenario: Superrich was vastly mispriced and offered a much worse course than they do normally (or every single time i've looked). But who knows. My guess: You switched up the "buy" and the "sell" rate.
But TT being 0.5 thb better than superrich is simply something that doesn't happen without an error occuring at one place. 

not trying to start a fight, to be clear :) 
but i just don't want a newbie reading this and thinking he can get 0.5 thb more at TT than at superrich. Under 99.99% of all circumstances that won't be the case. 

I agree with you.

I was surprised too.

However the moment I wrote that post it was 37.62 and 37.12

It may have only been for a moment in time.

Shoot, it is possible I made an error too.

If I check right now it is:

TT 37.57

SR 37.65