IGNORED

Duty Free on Connecting Flights

joebo

I was wondering, having not flown or been to LOS for 12 years how you get your duty free booze home. I`m booked on Qatar next week and have always brought a litre bottle of spirits back with me in the past. If you can only take 100 ml in liquids on a plane how does this work?

Even if they allow it on the first leg of the flight how do you get it through security when you go to board the connecting flight? I would hate to buy a decent bottle of spirits and have it taken away at the gate.

I was comming back to the US. Could not bring any bottles on board from duty free.

If it is something you can get in LOS, pack it in your luggage. I d'ont know the laws

for Britain. But I suspect they are close to the laws here. I only wanted some chaep

Thai wiskey to let my friends try at home. Next trip it gets packed before I leave.

buy it on the plane in your second leg between dubai and London could be a suggestion

Qatar make a point of telling you there is a duty free facility onboard.

But........do these "Liquid checks" happen before, or after the duty free shops?

I think before, so it would make the argument redundant.

If memory serves me right, the security check at Doha airport happens as soon as you get off the plane from Bangkok, and no further one takes place. The duty free shops await you AFTER the check !!!!!

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

All this time and effort and worrier just to save a few pounds or dollars :D

No time, no effort, but being a bit of an alky plenty of worry. I`ll probably just see if I can get it when I land at Gatwick.

Thanks guys :BeerFunnel1:

best bet is def at the duty free in Doha, at least 40% cheaper than Gatwick and no worries getting on the plane- AS long as the bottle is sealed u alky

When you buy something duty free in an airport they seal it up for you. That way you are allowed thru the screening process with bottle in hand.

Saying that, when I come back from Thailand I always put my bottles in my suitcase. Saves the hassle of carrying them.

Qatar make a point of telling you there is a duty free facility onboard.

But........do these "liquid checks" happen before, or after the duty free shops?

I think before, so it would make the argument redundant.

If memory serves me right, the security check at Doha airport happens as soon as you get off the plane from Bangkok, and no further one takes place. The duty free shops await you AFTER the check !!!!!

Hedonist

you are correct young man! :D after the security check in doha, you can shop to your heart's content but just becareful when you come through the uk customs!!! :Whistle:

Ary ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba

"I kikiyat everything, I never kikiyat boom boom!"

lbfucker.gif

No time, no effort, but being a bit of an alky plenty of worry. I`ll probably just see if I can get it when I land at Gatwick.

Thanks guys :Whistle:

can only speak for flghts to UK to and from Spain really but the Liquid onboard rule applies to liquids you bring from home or hotel into the airport , once you go through customs and security checks you then are able to buy and shop duty free and carry onto the plane , the bottles are regarded as safe seeing as you bought them in a controlled environment after customs and before getting on the plane , your other option is to to put it in your suitcase but wrap it in clingfilm or similar in case the bottle breaks , last thing you want is broken glass everywhere

you cannot buy duty free in gatwick after you have landed from somewhere else there are no shops between disembarking and getting out of the airport , least not that i have ever seen

cant speak about connecting flights as its been that long since i been on 1 i dont recall what we did

I have flown through Tokyo and Hong Kong, both airports will search you again before your connecting flights. They took my buddy's booze in Tokyo, when flying to Bangkok. So you can buy it in the connecting airport, unless you can get your suitcase back and put it in there.