Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Taxi service from Don Mueang to Pattaya

Ash101

My go to taxi service viz. Nam, says she does not do a pick up from Don Mueang. Any suggestions for a reliable and safe alternative ?

TIA 

most other taxi services will do DMK. just go through the list of often repeated names :)

but i can tell you that cherry taxi (which is my go to) will do it. 1500 for DMK --> pattaya (1000 from BKK airport, 1200 from downtown). just ask her in line: https://cherrytaxiservice.com/

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

I've used Mr T a number of times both from & to DMK from Pattaya

I'm sure there was a recent thread on the subject, but it doesn't seem to be in the Transportation & Travel sub-forum which would have been useful

Whatever you do, don't just take a meter taxi from the official stand.

You will probably wait in line hours waiting.

4 hours ago, bazkashmir said:

I have used Meow taxi from Don Meaung to pattaya, this was before covid, cost 1300baht.

Yes, Meow will go to DMK.

Meow can be reached at:

1. [email protected]
  2. +66 85-934-4475 (if abroad)
  3. 0859344475 (if in Thailand)
  • Like 2

Take free/cheap bus DMK to Mor Chit bus station; regular buses to Pattaya bus station. Then taxi to hotel.

or

Bus to Suvarnabhumi, then BellBus to Patttaya if schedule suits. BellBus take you to hotel in minibus (check your baggage is transferred from big bus to correct minibus; once mine went AWOL and took hours to recover).

Both these routes take longer than one taxi all the way, but cheaper and quite easy.

>Whatever you do, don't just take a meter taxi from the official stand.

>You will probably wait in line hours waiting.

This certainly used to be the case. But last time I was at DMK the queue was well organised with little wait. For Pattaya do not go on meter. Offer perhaps 1600 bahts all-in, inc toll road fees.

Haggle, maybe settle for 1800. Ensure the driver knows location of your hotel once you get to Pattaya; they are liable to drive around looking in hope!

If necessary get driver to ring hotel for help; have the phone number ready.

Edited by Bonkabit

31 minutes ago, Bonkabit said:

Take free/cheap bus DMK to Mor Chit bus station; regular buses to Pattaya bus station. Then taxi to hotel.

or

Bus to Suvarnabhumi, then BellBus to Patttaya if schedule suits. BellBus take you to hotel in minibus (check your baggage is transferred from big bus to correct minibus; once mine went AWOL and took hours to recover).

Both these routes take longer than one taxi all the way, but cheaper and quite easy.

>Whatever you do, don't just take a meter taxi from the official stand.

>You will probably wait in line hours waiting.

This certainly used to be the case. But last time I was at DMK the queue was well organised with little wait. For Pattaya do not go on meter. Offer perhaps 1600 bahts all-in, inc toll road fees.

Haggle, maybe settle for 1800. Ensure the driver knows location of your hotel once you get to Pattaya; they are liable to drive around looking in hope!

If necessary get driver to ring hotel for help; have the phone number ready.

Have The Bell bus service started running again ?

1 hour ago, bazkashmir said:

Can't locate where I read it, but a contributor said yes.

Web site Shared Transfer – Bell Travel Service   today (but is this current?) shows timetable between Suvarnabhumi (BKK) and Pattaya.

Perhaps a BM on-the-spot can confirm.

Suvarnabhumi Airport - Pattaya

Coach/Van schedule:
08:30 10:30 14:30 18:00
Counter is on Level 1 gate 8

Coach/Van fare:
300 THB/person

Pattaya - Suvarnabhumi Airport

Coach schedule:
06:00 09:00 13:00 17:00
From North Pattaya bus station or pick up service from your hotel’s lobby

Coach fare:
300 THB /person

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bazkashmir said:

There is a Bells Bus thread in this very sub-forum with many recent posts, which should be of interest