IGNORED

Applying for a new evisa while still in Thailand?

sir

Hello

I got my touristvisa couple of weeks ago from RTE Oslo. Very quick approval. Same day as I applied, 3-4 hours actually :)  This evisa system seams to work very well.

I got single entry tourist visa, so first 60+30 days are ok now, and I really look forward to see Thailand again after two long winters in Norway.... 

What I wonder is if its possible to apply to RTE Oslo for a new tourist visa while I am still in Thailand, lets say couple of days after I got my 30 days extention?

Then get another single entry, go out of Thailand for couple of days and then come back and stay another 60+30 days. Does anybody here have any experience with this?

From what I read, now with this evisa system in place you have to apply for tourist visas at you home countrys Thai embassy, you cant go to Laos and apply at the embassy there?

Didn’t you have to upload your flights as part of the application?

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Just now, davidge said:

And travel the last 12 month

52 minutes ago, davidge said:

Yes one flight Oslo-Bkk and Bkk- Phnom Pen

Edited by sir

52 minutes ago, Kandinski said:

And travel the last 12 month

Yes, photo of two empty pages in my passport.

Edited by sir

30 minutes ago, sir said:

Yes, photo of two empty pages in my passport.

That'll not be the case if you apply while still in Thailand. Assume RTE use AI processing application and you will most likely be flagged. 

As visit to Thailand is limited to 180 days per calendar year you'll likely be better off getting an extension at the immigration or take a day trip ( by plane) to Cambo

1 minute ago, Kandinski said:

That'll not be the case if you apply while still in Thailand. Assume RTE use AI processing application and you will most likely be flagged. 

As visit to Thailand is limited to 180 days per calendar year you'll likely be better off getting an extension at the immigration or take a day trip ( by plane) to Cambo

Yes I have single entry Tourist visa, so my first 60 days + 30 days extension is good already. After 90 days I have to leave Thailand. It will in this case be 2. jan 2023.

My return ticket to Norway is end of march 2023. Total length of my trip is 175 days.

My question is if its possible to apply for an evisa to RTE Oslo while I am in Thailand, say one week after I get my 30 days exstension. Then fly in again and get 60+30 days. Or is this in any ways illegal?

I want to avoid 2 trips out of Thailand if possible.

I know I get 45 days now arriving with plane from Phnon pen 3.jan 23 and then can get +30 days on that. Then I need to leave Thailand again, and this trip would be nice if I could skip.

Sorry if my self learned english grammar stinks.

1 minute ago, sir said:

Yes I have single entry Tourist visa, so my first 60 days + 30 days extension is good already. After 90 days I have to leave Thailand. It will in this case be 2. jan 2023.

My return ticket to Norway is end of march 2023. Total length of my trip is 175 days.

My question is if its possible to apply for an evisa to RTE Oslo while I am in Thailand, say one week after I get my 30 days exstension. Then fly in again and get 60+30 days. Or is this in any ways illegal?

I want to avoid 2 trips out of Thailand if possible.

I know I get 45 days now arriving with plane from Phnon pen 3.jan 23 and then can get +30 days on that. Then I need to leave Thailand again, and this trip would be nice if I could skip.

Sorry if my self learned english grammar stinks.

My point was that to apply for another TR you’d need to provide a flight from Oslo to Bangkok. If I’m understanding you correctly, you want to get a second visa without actually going back to Norway. 

so you leave thailand (after 3 months there) on 2nd january and return on the 3rd? this might give you troubles, independently of your visa. 

i suggest you stay 1-2 weeks in cambodia instead, then return, get 45 days visa exemptions, extend this once and so you end up with 75 days in total. that should stretch until your march flight back home. if it doesn't, just stay a few more days in cambodia in january before you return, so that 75 days are enough until your flight back to norway.
and you're good to go. 

seems the easiest solution imho. 

ps: i don't know the answer to your original question.

Edited by petehoax

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

Just now, davidge said:

My point was that to apply for another TR you’d need to provide a flight from Oslo to Bangkok. If I’m understanding you correctly, you want to get a second visa without actually going back to Norway. 

Yes exactly. Is that impossible?

Is the rules you need to start your trip in home country while applying tourist visa?

Can I apply in Phom Pen then?

1 minute ago, sir said:

Yes exactly. Is that impossible?

Is the rules you need to start your trip in home country while applying tourist visa?

Can I apply in Phom Pen then?

Because the e-visa system is quite new and because Covid has restricted travel, there are things that still aren’t clear.

When you apply for a visa you have to provide proof of legal residency in the country you are applying from so, no, you are not likely to be able to apply from Phnom Phen.

My guess is that if you apply from Oslo and show a flight from Cambodia then the visa will be declined, but there’s not enough evidence to be certain.

I ‘think’ some nearby countries still issue visas in person and not online so it might be possible eg Malaysia, but again I’m not certain.

9 minutes ago, petehoax said:

so you leave thailand (after 3 months there) on 2nd january and return on the 3rd? this might give you troubles, independently of your visa. 

i suggest you stay 1-2 weeks in cambodia instead, then return, get 45 days visa exemptions, extend this once and so you end up with 75 days in total. that should stretch until your march flight back home. if it doesn't, just stay a few more days in cambodia and you're good to go. 

seems the easiest solution imho. 

Actually a very good idea. If I stay Cambodia 10 days I should be good. Only thing I think its boring there compare to Pattaya 😉 Hear beer is cheaper there, but I dont drink.

Edited by sir

2 minutes ago, davidge said:

When you apply for a visa you have to provide proof of legal residency in the country you are applying from so, no, you are not likely to be able to apply from Phnom Phen

I believe its possible. During  my application process there was a pop up informing that applying with other embassy than in country of residence processing time may exceed 1 month. How it works in reality is another question 

4 minutes ago, davidge said:

My guess is that if you apply from Oslo and show a flight from Cambodia then the visa will be declined, but there’s not enough evidence to be certain.

I see. But there cant be any harm in trying, cost only 30 euro to apply so I guess I will try it after I got my +30 extension in december. And I will let you know how it went.

Im thinking of doing something similar. 

I am already here, and my extensions will be up at the end of October. I am currently on the visa I got at land border. 30 days on arrival.

So I plan to apply to RTE in London for an E Visa, before I leave Thailand. I will then go to Vietnam for a few days and try and come back in to Thailand using the E Visa.

As others have said, its fairly new and no one is 100% sure if it will work.

I will update later with the outcome.

btw: it's possible that covid extension will still be possible by then, or not? the last i read is that it was still valid until august 24th, i don't know if they've expanded it once again or not... maybe it's over, not sure. if it's still possible, you can also simply extend your stay with covid extension without leaving the country. probably best / easiest to use a visa agent for that. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

I got a non O visa whilst in Thailand from the UK. Proof of residency = passport. Didn't have to provide any accommodation stuff.

I had to leave for this non o visa to kick in though. Painless coming back with it, they just scan the QR then write e visa into your passport under the stamp.

10 hours ago, Kandinski said:

visit to Thailand is limited to 180 days per calendar year

No such rule. Stayed nearly four years on tourist visas. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

12 hours ago, Kandinski said:

As visit to Thailand is limited to 180 days per calendar year 

Where did you read or hear this ?

3 hours ago, e11bkk said:

I got a non O visa whilst in Thailand from the UK. Proof of residency = passport. Didn't have to provide any accommodation stuff.

Yes when I applied for my touristvisa I used a photo of my passport as proof of residency, you could also use drivers licence or national id card if I remember right.

9 hours ago, petehoax said:

btw: it's possible that covid extension will still be possible by then, or not? the last i read is that it was still valid until august 24th, i don't know if they've expanded it once again or not... maybe it's over, not sure. if it's still possible, you can also simply extend your stay with covid extension without leaving the country. probably best / easiest to use a visa agent for that. 

Sound interesting. How long is a covid exstension then? Do I apply for it after 60+30 days?

Would be very happy if I could stay in Thailand all my 175 days and not leave at all.

My hope was that after covid Thailand would ease up on the visa rules.

Lets say you want to stay 5-6 months in the winter as many of us snowbird does. Why not just let us apply for this, we would be happy to pay the money they want for it. Make it easy, 1000 b pr month or something like that.

I know it will probably never happen, but still its a fact that I have been staying in Thailand last 10 years 5-6 months every winter on touristvisa, and I am not alone. I know many in same situation, under 50 etc.

Before covid I apply for multi entry tv and 30 days exstension, then back to Norway for a week celebrating Christmas, then 60+30 after Christmas. Cost is 2 times 1900b plus aprox 4000b for visa, 7800b all in for 6 month stay.

I would be happy to pay 8000 b when I applied and have a hasslefree trip without jomtien soi 5, leaving the country and so on. I know its a dream and will probably never happen.

The name of the visa should be snowbird visa :)

Edited by sir
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, sir said:

My hope was that after covid Thailand would ease up on the visa rules.

Lets say you want to stay 5-6 months in the winter as many of us snowbird does. Why not just let us apply for this, we would be happy to pay the money they want for it. Make it easy, 1000 b pr month or something like that.

I know it will probably never happen, but still its a fact that I have been staying in Thailand last 10 years 5-6 months every winter on touristvisa, and I am not alone. I know many in same situation, under 50 etc.

Before covid I apply for multi entry tv and 30 days exstension, then back to Norway for a week celebrating Christmas, then 60+30 after Christmas. Cost is 2 times 1900b plus aprox 4000b for visa, 7800b all in for 6 month stay.

I would be happy to pay 8000 b when I applied and have a hasslefree trip without jomtien soi 5, leaving the country and so on. I know its a dream and will probably never happen.

The name of the visa should be snowbird visa :)

If you are over 50 years old, you may be able to get a Non immigrant O based on retirement. It would save you having to leave the Thailand.

7 minutes ago, penboy said:

If you are over 50 years old, you may be able to get a Non immigrant O based on retirement. It would save you having to leave the Thailand.

Next year I will be 50, so probably 23/24 season I will get an immigrant O :)

1 hour ago, jaynewcastle said:

Where did you read or hear this ?

My bad and cant remember how I came to the misunderstanding, likely read it here😉