IGNORED

eSIM access in Thailand

Derrick Longham

Are there any eSIM options in Thailand or do we need the physical SIM cards?

Would be nice to have an option you can get online as soon as you hit the ground without stuffing around at kiosks etc?

There are international eSIM options like Flexi-Roam and Airalo but they are a little pricey but they are pretty straight forward in terms of buying, topping up etc. 

17 minutes ago, RomaBob said:

I use the AIS esim with unlimited data 20mb costing 300bt for 30 days, never had a problem.

Where do you get that price? The unlimited 30 days e-sim plan from AIS is at 1650THB, which is crazy high.

1 hour ago, Derrick Longham said:

Are there any eSIM options in Thailand or do we need the physical SIM cards?

Would be nice to have an option you can get online as soon as you hit the ground without stuffing around at kiosks etc?

There are international eSIM options like Flexi-Roam and Airalo but they are a little pricey but they are pretty straight forward in terms of buying, topping up etc. 

since 1-2 years, every time i buy a dtac tourist sim at the airport (Phuket & bkk), they ask me if i want e-sim or physical sim. should be very easy to get one. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

I got a dtac esim on line before Ieft home and then it wax just a matter of switching the phone on when I landed.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TheArtist said:

Where do you get that price? The unlimited 30 days e-sim plan from AIS is at 1650THB, which is crazy high.

I ask the girls at the kiosk at BKK for the ‘30 days unlimited data with 20mp download speed 300bt’, probably not the one they would offer a new off the plane customer. The initial esim at a AIS store was sorted out by a ‘friend’. Faster data does cost more but I find that 20mp is ok for my needs.

2 hours ago, RomaBob said:

I ask the girls at the kiosk at BKK for the ‘30 days unlimited data with 20mp download speed 300bt’, probably not the one they would offer a new off the plane customer. The initial esim at a AIS store was sorted out by a ‘friend’. Faster data does cost more but I find that 20mp is ok for my needs.

Yeah 20Mbps is more than enough for most cases
So it's a plan for an existing e-sim already. Thanks for the suggestion.