Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Travel Insurance from UK to Thailand

kevin2013

Any recommendations for good travel insurance companies?

- Flight starting in UK

- Duration around 1 month

I just got quoted ukp 104 from Staysure - that seems a lot??

Or is that the norm?

Single month trip £62 through £143 (Depending on cover)

Annual policy £57 through £158

with Insureandgo

(you'll always do better with a years policy but you have to use it to benefit)

Edited by regyai

Have a look at Money Supermarket & Money Saving Expert websites & use their search functions to look for best travel insurance

I always check single trip insurance v annual insurance for best price (and check maximum days allowed per trip

If you have pre-existing medical conditions, then that will make travel insurance a lot more expensive

£45 for 2 weeks with medical conditions declared through Cover for you. 

No policy excess, 3 levels of cover available. Underwritten by AXA. 

16 hours ago, Baddave said:

£45 for 2 weeks with medical conditions declared through Cover for you. 

No policy excess, 3 levels of cover available. Underwritten by AXA. 

Thats not a bad price if you only using for your 2 week holiday.I usually get annual cover as I do more than 1 trip abroad per year, I recently took out a policy with Sainsbury's bank, recommended by a fellow BM, I have some medical conditions although not too serious luckly, paid £120 for annual with 45 days cover per trip, I was happy with cover, everyone has different health issues or circumstances so as advised above shop around on those sites like moneysupermarket etc.Always  take out a good cover , you get what you pay for.

3 hours ago, bazkashmir said:

Thats not a bad price if you only using for your 2 week holiday.I usually get annual cover as I do more than 1 trip abroad per year, I recently took out a policy with Sainsbury's bank, recommended by a fellow BM, I have some medical conditions although not too serious luckly, paid £120 for annual with 45 days cover per trip, I was happy with cover, everyone has different health issues or circumstances so as advised above shop around on those sites like moneysupermarket etc.Always  take out a good cover , you get what you pay for.

I find the Cover For You pilicies have the cover I need re curtailment,cancellation, end user failure,electronics  etc. It's one of those  which far exceeded the covid cover requirements when it was required with £1m cover and medical cover  for hospitalisation, additional accomadation costs  and repatriation should it be deemed necessary repatriation should you  require it. 

The fact I get a discount also helps. 😉 

Edited by Baddave

On 13/09/2022 at 17:51, jaynewcastle said:

If you have pre-existing medical conditions, then that will make travel insurance a lot more expensive

Or if you are older. It's difficult to find insurance if you are over 65, and it will cost more.

I'm over 70 with some health conditions and annual travel insurance policy is over £350 with Saga Insurance.

33 minutes ago, quietguy77 said:

Or if you are older. It's difficult to find insurance if you are over 65, and it will cost more.

I'm over 70 with some health conditions and annual travel insurance policy is over £350 with Saga Insurance.

120 days cover a year and 60 days maximum trip. I used that policy with them for the last few years. Sadly, they refused to give me a quote for a 5 months holiday.