Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Where are the best deals(prices) on flights now ?

Jumpin Jack Flash

This is more of a question for UK or European based mongers.

Is Skyscanner still the first option?  Any alternatives?

Any better deals direct with airlines ?    Any other hacks (searching from different countries, VPNs, etc, does that still work?).

Just trying to shave some of the cost off the eye-watering prices that we're seeing now. 

It was only 3 months ago that I got a return flight from Edinburgh to BKK for just over £500. Now the cheapest is around £900 😭

I'm itching to get back in either October or November, but man those prices suck.

I like to use Google Flights. The nice thing about it is that you can open a graph view on what is the price for each day of the month for a journey with the same number of days. Plus add filters for your preferences.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In my experience over the last few months. The aggregators lag the actual airline site by a bit. By the time the reduced price loads at the aggregator, it's already back up at the airline site.  I'll use Google flights, but also check my favorite airlines several times a day. Prices do change during the day.  I think a deal is pretty unlikely in the current environment. But, it's free to try. 

ANA actually has a warning on their site. The price may change between the time you see the search result and the time you get to the payment page. Dynamic pricing, Gotta love it.

Edited by SlowlyMan
  • Like 1

Search flights || ITA Matrix by Google  is the site referred to.

If the price for booking direct with the airline for a distance flight is similar to an online price, say within $A100 (25,000 bahts), consider booking direct; your booking is with the principal, not an intermediary. May be an advantage if any problems e.g. date change, delays etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I booked AMS to BKK with Saudia for €511. They have deals going on.

Book directly through there site then the seat selection is free if you use the aggegrators they charge up to 9€ for the seats that are free when you book directly with Saudia.

LayOver is about 3 hours. But use the savings you got on the ticket for lounge access.

I wouldn't use Skyscanner for flight research as they allow 3rd party agents to advertise as well

I used to use Matrix, but found Google flights search engine this year & have started using that instead

I always book direct with the airline & never use 3rd party agents