IGNORED

View Talay 5 last floor Jomtien view question

Jazerty

Hi,

I plan to rent a room on the top floor of View Talay 5 (Jomtien view)

Can someone let me know if the top floor is not too hot? What is the best orientation? (city view or Jomtien view ?)

Many thank's in advance.

If you’re on the Jomtien side then you’ll get the sun most of the day.

• Like 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

17 hours ago, Jazerty said:

Can someone let me know if the top floor is not too hot? What is the best orientation? (city view or Jomtien view ?)

I haven't stayed in VT5, only VT7. The Jomtien side gets too hot for me between about midday and 4pm if out on the balcony. OK if you stay inside with curtains closed to keep sun out. Or use AC.

I always avoid top floors due to possible heat problems. Anyone got a specific answer to the top floor question?

On 12/09/2022 at 16:19, Geordie59 said:

I always avoid top floors due to possible heat problems. Anyone got a specific answer to the top floor question?

Why would the top floor be any hotter than another floor? The main cause is does it face the sun in the afternoon

5 minutes ago, chris2004 said:

Why would the top floor be any hotter than another floor? The main cause is does it face the sun in the afternoon

Because heat rises.  You get the heat radiating up from the floors below.  Through the stairwells or the elevator shafts etc.

Edited by Kale

In VT7 residents on Jomtien side leave their corridor doors ajar and balcony doors open to get breeze blowing through.

4 hours ago, chris2004 said:

The roofs of the building exposed to the sun get very hot and hence make the rooms on the top floor hot. The top floor acts as barrier to the floor below.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, penboy said:

The roofs of the building exposed to the sun get very hot and hence make the rooms on the top floor hot. The top floor acts as barrier to the floor below.

How exactly will the hot air travel down🤔

Why are central aircon units always located on the roof and heaters in the basement. 🤔

Edited by Kale

On 14/09/2022 at 10:27, chris2004 said:

All top floors face the sun from above all day, every day. 
Yes they have insulation but in my experience it isn’t that effective. 

So please what about last floor of VT5 for people LIVING inside ?

Jomtien view look to have the sun on morning only...

Edited by Jazerty

37 minutes ago, Jazerty said:

So please what about last floor of VT5 for people LIVING inside ?

Jomtien view look to have the sun on morning only...

4 hours ago, Geordie59 said:

All top floors face the sun from above all day, every day. 
Yes they have insulation but in my experience it isn’t that effective. 

I've been in other condo blocks and the experience of myself and other people who have stayed there is that the top floor will be hotter due to the sun shining on to the roof above. Unless someone here has particular knowledge of the roof insulation in VT6, IMO it's safe to assume that the top floor there will be hotter than those below.

The method of heat transfer from the roof to the area below is known as conduction.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/09/2022 at 14:07, quietguy77 said:

In VT7 residents on Jomtien side leave their corridor doors ajar and balcony doors open to get breeze blowing through.

The Jomtien side is the West side of the building?

7 hours ago, floridian1 said:

The Jomtien side is the West side of the building?

I'd say it is the South side - facing away from Pattaya., Patumnak and Koh Larn island.

When I stay on Jomtien side in VT7 I leave corridor door propped open and balcony doors open. 

You get a really strong breeze blowing through.

Edited by quietguy77
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, quietguy77 said:

I'd say it is the South side - facing away from Pattaya., Pratumnak and Koh Larn island.

When I stay on Jomtien side in VT7 I leave corridor door propped open and balcony doors open. 

I try to rent condos which have balcony/windows facing to east/north. I had once apartment where balcony and windows were facing west. Condo was getting absolutely slammed with heat. Never again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/10/2022 at 18:45, quietguy77 said:

I'd say it is the South side - facing away from Pattaya., Patumnak and Koh Larn island.

Is it quite bearable Nov - March?

If it's higher up then I guess that you can open the balcony doors in the evening and there won't be a mosquito problem?

17 hours ago, penboy said:

Is it quite bearable Nov - March?

If it's higher up then I guess that you can open the balcony doors in the evening and there won't be a mosquito problem?

I usually stay in Jan/Feb and it's fine then.

Yes I rarely got a mosquito in room on high floors, but I did keep balcony doors closed after dark. I wasn't usually in then anyway. The VT7 condos have guaze inner screen doors to keep insects out if you want to leave the glass doors open. 

I have stayed in several units in both C&D one being top floor and it was hotter than lower floors. I would not recommend the Jomtien side the Pattaya side is much cooler with better views. The same goes for VT2 . The top floor gets a lot of radiant heat from the concrete heat sink that is the roof.

Edited by yahderhey
addition
  • Like 3

Having lived at VT5 and being in construction for many years if you read the post above (yahderhey) he is spot on.

I would add the the roof should have Insulation, hmmm, maybe. I'm fairly sure that the top floor ceiling height is about 40cms higher whether this is by design to accommodate the extra heat or just because thrers no condo pipework in the top ceiling.  Another member said "how does hot air travel down"?........When even hotter air is above it.