IGNORED

Understanding but not understanding

Ajay75

One of the little niggles on my long road to learning is actually trying to get the point they are trying to get across.

I can understand what they are saying but have to ask follow up questions as to what they are actually trying to say. I've found that quite often phrases or sayings will be thrown into conversations relating to certain subjects.

Suppose its a bit like when we come out with sayings like "the grass is always greener" etc etc but not nearly as much.

When I get to the bottom of it I'm saying to myself "why didnt you just say it this bloody way in the first place"

I accept this is the way of their mentality and have long given up challenging the methods and reasoning behind some Thai thinking as its better to just roll with it and copy it and gradually train yourself to just think the same way.

I am starting to dream in Thai recently. Think I need a break 555

My understanding of women goes only as far as the pleasures.

-- Michael Caine (Alfie, 1966)

One of the little niggles on my long road to learning is actually trying to get the point they are trying to get across.

I can understand what they are saying but have to ask follow up questions as to what they are actually trying to say. I've found that quite often phrases or sayings will be thrown into conversations relating to certain subjects.

Suppose its a bit like when we come out with sayings like "the grass is always greener" etc etc but not nearly as much.

When I get to the bottom of it I'm saying to myself "why didnt you just say it this bloody way in the first place"

I accept this is the way of their mentality and have long given up challenging the methods and reasoning behind some Thai thinking as its better to just roll with it and copy it and gradually train yourself to just think the same way.

I've been told more than once that I "lamer" (sleep talk) in Thai. Would not tell me what I said though :rolleyes:

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

LOL luckily my vocabulary of swear words / insults is pretty limited (on purpose) to risk insulting the girl I'm with so I wont have to worry too much about waking up minus the old chap ala Bobbit. :001_Thank_You5:

My understanding of women goes only as far as the pleasures.

-- Michael Caine (Alfie, 1966)

If you ever, ever, ever go down this road then no amount of therapy you have will ever bring you back.