IGNORED

intercontinental Hotel Pattaya

RossVismon

Hi Gents, 

First time poster but long time admirer of the forums! Apologies if these questions have been answered but I can't seem to find much info when searching the site. 

I booked my flights for my first trip to Pattaya arriving November 14th. Travelling solo, very excited but also a little nervous. I booked a junior king suite with pool access in the intercontinental resort. I want to enjoy all Pattaya has to offer but at the same time I don't want to be in the thick of the action. 

I reached out to the hotel and they have confirmed they are guest friendly with no joiner fee's. I also selected the garden suite as I believe they are easier to access without venturing into the main areas of the hotel

Has anyone stayed here mongering and can they give a review of the hotel

Is the location of the hotel too far away? I don't mind getting taxis into the city.

Will girls have an issue travelling to the hotel?

I have no budget for this trip so I'm open to suggestions on places to stay. It was a toss between The Hilton or Intercontinental.  

Any advice is greatly appreciated. 

Ross

11 minutes ago, RossVismon said:

Is the location of the hotel too far away?  I don't mind getting taxis into the city.

It's not very handy for you if you're going out a lot.

I have only stayed that area a few times and that was when I was in a relationship, so I had pussy on tap and would just leave for activities. You're going to have to motor into town and back

For this, use Bolt.

12 minutes ago, RossVismon said:

Very unlikely.

The girls live all over the place. Jumping on a motocy to get around is part of what they do.

The chance of them asking for taxi money might be higher, though.

• Like 2

Thanks Simon, 

Appreciate the reply and info. I'm doing a 4 day motorbike tour (that was the cover to get out here 😉 ) so I wont be venturing out until evening time. One trip out and one trip back at night so location seems fine for me. 

If you have any recommendations for a first timer feel free to let me know! 

Thanks, 

Ross 

@Luv2Phuket is a regular there, I’m sure he’ll fill you in.

• Like 1

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

On 01/09/2022 at 03:37, RossVismon said:

Hi Gents, 

First time poster but long time admirer of the forums! Apologies if these questions have been answered but I can't seem to find much info when searching the site. 

I booked my flights for my first trip to Pattaya arriving November 14th. Travelling solo, very excited but also a little nervous. I booked a junior king suite with pool access in the intercontinental resort. I want to enjoy all Pattaya has to offer but at the same time I don't want to be in the thick of the action. 

I reached out to the hotel and they have confirmed they are guest friendly with no joiner fee's. I also selected the garden suite as I believe they are easier to access without venturing into the main areas of the hotel

Has anyone stayed here mongering and can they give a review of the hotel

Is the location of the hotel too far away? I don't mind getting taxis into the city.

I have no budget for this trip so I'm open to suggestions on places to stay. It was a toss between The Hilton or Intercontinental.  

Any advice is greatly appreciated. 

Ross

As mentioned, I am a regular guest at the InterContinental (ironically, usually splitting my time between it and the Hilton).

For most, the strength of the Hilton is the weakness of the InterContinental - location. Hilton is right on Beach Road and is connected to Central Festival, so tons of shopping options. The InterContinental is a little more isolated -- no 7-11 or really cheap restaurants relatively close by -- but I actually like that. As you imply, it has a very "resort" feel about it, with the utter madness of Pattaya a short Bolt ride away.

First tip: be sure to download the Bolt and Grab apps on your phone. They are key to being able to get quick, cheap rides from the InterContinental to just about anywhere.

In the aftermath of COVID, the IC (I'm using that instead of typing it out from now on! LOL) dropped its shuttle bus service to Central Festival. Hopefully they will be bringing it back soon, as that made getting into Central Pattaya (or being dropped off anywhere along the way, i.e. Walking Street) incredibly easy.

I have never had issues with girls coming over, although I have registered my LLLTs as guests quite often.

I LOVE the primary pool, and Thai girls do, too. The smaller, shaded pool is also a great place to relax. Came VERY close to fucking a TG in it, as we were getting pretty hot and heavy. Luckily (or maybe UNluckily!), we came to our senses.

All of the rooms are remote from the main entry, so no need to wander past the front desk unless you want to do so. ATM up the stairs to the right from the main lobby.

They have golf carts and will drive you and your companion for the night to your room. The property is built onto a hill (which makes the views stellar, IMHO), so it can be a bitch to walk around. It can also be a workout to walk from the beach to the lobby, which I have done a few times to get my blood pumping.

If you have booked a suite, I am sure you will have lounge access. It is right down by the private beach. Again, some STELLAR views. Open bar and snacks during happy hour are very nice, too.

I'm sure that you have an IHG One Rewards membership. If not, be sure to sign up before you go.

Restaurants are very good, but also pricey. This is probably the biggest downside - you can't just walk a couple of hundred yards and get good, cheap meals. If your room includes breakfast, I really enjoyed their buffet. That said, I don't think I would pay for it if it wasn't included (very pricey).

Staff is FANTASTIC! As I said, I often register my LLTs as guests (2 specific girls), and the hotel has always treated them great. I had a nice chat with the room cleaner/maid on a trip, and we always talked whenever I came back. She LOVED my LLT at the time (daughter went to same University), and came down to the pool to talk to us on a later visit when I wasn't in one of her assigned rooms. Downside - they yak yakked me over losing my spare tire! 555

I don't know how long you're going to be there, but I am scheduled to start my next stay there on November 21, staying through the 29th. As always, my trip is subject to being able to get away from work, but hopefully it comes off.

if you have any more specific questions or would like some photos, let me know and I will try to post when I have more time.

• 1 year later...
On 02/09/2022 at 08:12, Luv2Phuket said:

As mentioned, I am a regular guest at the InterContinental (ironically, usually splitting my time between it and the Hilton).

For most, the strength of the Hilton is the weakness of the InterContinental - location. Hilton is right on Beach Road and is connected to Central Festival, so tons of shopping options. The InterContinental is a little more isolated -- no 7-11 or really cheap restaurants relatively close by -- but I actually like that. As you imply, it has a very "resort" feel about it, with the utter madness of Pattaya a short Bolt ride away.

First tip: be sure to download the Bolt and Grab apps on your phone. They are key to being able to get quick, cheap rides from the InterContinental to just about anywhere.

In the aftermath of COVID, the IC (I'm using that instead of typing it out from now on! LOL) dropped its shuttle bus service to Central Festival. Hopefully they will be bringing it back soon, as that made getting into Central Pattaya (or being dropped off anywhere along the way, i.e. Walking Street) incredibly easy.

I have never had issues with girls coming over, although I have registered my LLLTs as guests quite often.

I LOVE the primary pool, and Thai girls do, too. The smaller, shaded pool is also a great place to relax. Came VERY close to fucking a TG in it, as we were getting pretty hot and heavy. Luckily (or maybe UNluckily!), we came to our senses.

All of the rooms are remote from the main entry, so no need to wander past the front desk unless you want to do so. ATM up the stairs to the right from the main lobby.

They have golf carts and will drive you and your companion for the night to your room. The property is built onto a hill (which makes the views stellar, IMHO), so it can be a bitch to walk around. It can also be a workout to walk from the beach to the lobby, which I have done a few times to get my blood pumping.

If you have booked a suite, I am sure you will have lounge access. It is right down by the private beach. Again, some STELLAR views. Open bar and snacks during happy hour are very nice, too.

I'm sure that you have an IHG One Rewards membership. If not, be sure to sign up before you go.

Restaurants are very good, but also pricey. This is probably the biggest downside - you can't just walk a couple of hundred yards and get good, cheap meals. If your room includes breakfast, I really enjoyed their buffet. That said, I don't think I would pay for it if it wasn't included (very pricey).

Staff is FANTASTIC! As I said, I often register my LLTs as guests (2 specific girls), and the hotel has always treated them great. I had a nice chat with the room cleaner/maid on a trip, and we always talked whenever I came back. She LOVED my LLT at the time (daughter went to same University), and came down to the pool to talk to us on a later visit when I wasn't in one of her assigned rooms. Downside - they yak yakked me over losing my spare tire! 555

I don't know how long you're going to be there, but I am scheduled to start my next stay there on November 21, staying through the 29th. As always, my trip is subject to being able to get away from work, but hopefully it comes off.

if you have any more specific questions or would like some photos, let me know and I will try to post when I have more time.

Lol fancy running into you on this thread @Luv2Phuket

i stayed at the Hilton my last trip, loved being so close to everything (you are right that pool is freezing) but was curious what it’s like to live in Jomtien, have you ever stayed at the Andaz?  Looks nice and I have status with Hyatt but seems really far

maybe I’ll do Hilton for a few days then switch to Intercontinental before ending up at the Hilton, what do you think?

Edited by Samf

33 minutes ago, Samf said:

Lol fancy running into you on this thread @Luv2Phuket

i stayed at the Hilton my last trip, loved being so close to everything (you are right that pool is freezing) but was curious what it’s like to live in Jomtien, have you ever stayed at the Andaz?  Looks nice and I have status with Hyatt but seems really far

maybe I’ll do Hilton for a few days then switch to Intercontinental before ending up at the Hilton, what do you think?

That's my general stay pattern. 

I love the InterContinental.  On my trip last month, I extended my stay in Pattaya by 2 days and cancelled my stay in Bangkok.  I snagged 2 nights in I/C on free night certificates.  Sadly, I was sick in bed most of the time, and did not get to enjoy the amenities at all.

Back there for 7 nights (I think) in February, work permitting. 

Oddly enough, the thing I am MOST looking forward to is my Thai GF bringing her 5 year old daughter over to enjoy the pool and play area. We had to scrap it a few weeks ago because I was just too sick/weak (was having trouble holding down food that day).

The Andaz is WAY out -- it is not Jomtien, it is Na Jomtien.  It is past the Renaissance, which I have considered, but felt was "too far."  Looking at Google maps, it is 13 1/2 miles from Central Festival.  Just seems too far, but never say never!

• Like 2