Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Booked The Areca but thinking of changing

tobeornottobe

3 hours ago, jim lahey said:

Stayed at the amber last week, room and facilities were nice however i found the service extremely slow, room didn't get cleaned until after 4pm every day.

On check in day room was not ready until after 3pm. One other guy i got talking to in the lobby had been waiting since 8am. Ashtray on balcony was overflowing and never emptied for 3 nights. Dropped off laundry early afternoon, used hotel as i needed it quickly and didn't get until 10pm the next night.

Its a nice hotel and great value however may be understaffed, I guess for 1000 baht i shouldn't expect too much however I've stayed in April Suites and D hotel/D express before for less money and received much better service

I agree with you jim.

I stayed at the Amber in May 2022. In general it is a very nice hotel in terms of it's layout, facilities and overall ambience and it's in a great location for my needs. However, the place seemed to be either mis-managed or understaffed when I was there. The room cleaning issue was very annoying for me and I'm usually very tolerant about the 'little things'. I like to use the room for whatever reason during the hottest part of the day after having been out and about early to have breakfast and a daily walk. Arriving back in a room that hasn't been cleaned yet ( they skipped a day and rarely cleaned the room before 3pm) is annoying especially when they finally arrive and you feel like you have to vacate your room to allow them to do the cleaning....uuurggh. I even tried the 'leave some baht out for the cleaners' routine but that didn't have any effect. 

Also, the rooms don't have anywhere you can store your stuff. No wardrobe, just a small rail with a couple of clothes hangers. So you're literally 'living out of your suitcase'. By the way, the safe in my room was located at floor level; I had to get down on my knees to key in the code and look into the safe. I found it difficult to use and I mis-keyed the code on about day 3. The safe was now programmed with the wrong code which of course I didn't remember so I had to call the front desk and request a fix. 3 hours later, the maintenance guy finally arrived to reset the code.

I was really hoping to hear that things had improved at Amber but after reading @jim lahey's post it appears that they still have a way to go. On the other hand the room rate for me was greatand the location is excellent for my mongering style. 

P.S - there is at least one YT reviews on the Amber hotel where the vlogger does a tour of the rooms. Check it out if you have any concerns about the layout and room facilities. 

• Like 2

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

9 hours ago, LeoTex said:

I'm staying there right now and yes, it is very guest friendly.

One of the few hotels that you don't need to pass through the lobby to get to the rooms.

Not saying that I would do that, but you can walk in by taking the driveway on the side of the lobby building and get to any of the rooms, again not going through the lobby.  

Thank you Sir....I like it and hope you are enjoying the fruits of your observations and solutions to all first world problems 😎

• Like 1

Page 10 is excellent.  Brilliant location, easy walk to LK baht bus to Soi 6 walk to Beach Road.

I've managed a few times this year to get Deluxe 1300b inc breakfast via Google link to Agoda...

I stayed at the Page 10 for 1 night last November before moving over to the Areca deluxe plus that I really liked. That Page 10 safe that was mentioned by Mac was something that also really bothered me too, had to get down on your hands on knees to punch in the code