IGNORED

Booked The Areca but thinking of changing

tobeornottobe

I've booked a 7 day stay in the Areca at the end of September . I've stayed before and like the resort feel but I could only get one of those shower in the bath rooms plus those rooms look dated . Im paying 51 euro a night but The Amber and Page 10 look a bit more modern and the shower separate and are both 20 euro cheaper a night. Would appreciate opinions. The holiday inn looks good too

Was impressed with Amber for the price in July. Very nice shower and reasonable size room. 

Always prefer a newer hotel and still a good location. 

In the same area I have stayed at Intimate hotel, and LK Empress(tiny walk). But my favorite is the LK Residence is just across the street from Areca. If you call them they do have weekly rates that are not listed on Agoda. Last visit I had a week in one of the Suites next to the pool. You will be hearing live music until the am, but so close to the action. Enjoy your trip!

Edited by 1Tarzan

I am a big Areca Lodge fan, however the Amber looks like it would be a good choice.

Areca's location is slightly better but Amber might be worth a try.

• Like 1

Over the two I’d go for the much newer Amber right now. 
Remember Areca will have the Soi 15 roadworks out the back with some noise, dust and mud. 

7 hours ago, tobeornottobe said:

I've booked a 7 day stay in the Areca at the end of September . I've stayed before and like the resort feel but I could only get one of those shower in the bath rooms plus those rooms look dated . Im paying 51 euro a night but The Amber and Page 10 look a bit more modern and the shower separate and are both 20 euro cheaper a night. Would appreciate opinions. The holiday inn looks good too

I am a big fan of Page 10, having stayed there for all but one of my Pattaya trips. 

Adelphi (next to Amber) is also pretty good; stayed there on my last trip, but I think it would be a bit far from the action now that things are returning to normal. 

TB-ES

It's been a while since I stayed there but the internet at Areca was less than I hoped for.

6 hours ago, Rick Blaine said:

It's been a while since I stayed there but the internet at Areca was less than I hoped for.

I found the same things a while back.

I have stayed 3 times now since since December and have found the internet to be very (very) good and fast. 

Now sure what they did, but very much improved.  

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

On 30/08/2022 at 06:07, The Blue-Eyed Sheikh said:

Adelphi (next to Amber) is also pretty good; stayed there on my last trip, but I think it would be a bit far from the action now that things are returning to normal. 

TB-ES

I thought it was just a couple of minutes walk from Bukhao ? Am I wrong ?, i've never stayed there but have been looking for places of late and it was on my list. Maybe not now. 

11 minutes ago, docbunsen said:

I thought it was just a couple of minutes walk from Bukhao ? Am I wrong ?, i've never stayed there but have been looking for places of late and it was on my list. Maybe not now. 

It isn’t far from Buakhao; I just spend most of my mongering time on Soi 6 / WS. Not impossible to get there, by any means, but when Page 10 is just off the main baht bus route in both directions, it is a lot more convenient. 

TB-ES

8 hours ago, docbunsen said:

The Adelphi is actually a 3minute walk to Buakhao and Tree Town, for reference I timed it myself

On 01/09/2022 at 05:42, burgher said:

The Adelphi is actually a 3minute walk to Buakhao and Tree Town, for reference I timed it myself

How was your stay ? is it a place you would return ?

I stayed in one of the Adelphi premier rooms in the front of the bldg. 40 sq m/ 431 sq ft. Comfy large bed and couch for relaxing. I am staying again first half of Oct. for ten days. While I did like the Areca deluxe plus room I had last Oct. I'm going again with the Adelphi because i think the room is just a little bit nicer and the view out the double size sliding glass doors is better, I can't stand looking across at other buildings or other peoples rooms

3 minutes ago, burgher said:

I stayed in one of the Adelphi premier rooms in the front of the bldg. 40 sq m/ 431 sq ft. Comfy large bed and couch for relaxing. I am staying again first half of Oct. for ten days. While I did like the Areca deluxe plus room I had last Oct. I'm going again with the Adelphi because i think the room is just a little bit nicer and the view out the double size sliding glass doors is better, I can't stand looking across at other buildings or other peoples rooms

That is why I used to get the "Deluxe King with Pool View" at Areca Lodge.

Generally stay at Areca Lodge but the pool view is not a must as it's usually older guys laying about there where you see the Edge or Base condos in the distance. But it's understandable why more would choose that over the rear building view. Personally just sleep during the day & out at night, so the view never mattered (thus no upcharge for pool view)!

• 2 weeks later...

Quick one - Is the Areca Lodge guest friendly? It says on their site there is a 500b charge per guest. However, I don't see this mentioned by anyone on the forum. 

12 minutes ago, tingtong2k said:

Quick one - Is the Areca Lodge guest friendly? It says on their site there is a 500b charge per guest. However, I don't see this mentioned by anyone on the forum. 

Definitely guest friendly, it's one of the most popular monger hotels through the years. I did read a while back that they make you come down to the front desk when ordering TF etc girls to your room, rather than sending them straight up after phoning you in your room like many other hotels do, which could be an annoyance. It's in a great location.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, howser said:

Definitely guest friendly, it's one of the most popular monger hotels through the years. I did read a while back that they make you come down to the front desk when ordering TF etc girls to your room, rather than sending them straight up after phoning you in your room like many other hotels do, which could be an annoyance. It's in a great location.

I thought that might be the case and thank you I appreciate the reply.

1 minute ago, tingtong2k said:

I thought that might be the case and thank you I appreciate the reply.

Just always book your room for two people to be sure, most places charge extra for a guest outside of the guest no allocated to your room, so if you bring 2 girls back you'll probably get charged that guest fee, this is the same for most places, guest fees usually vary between 500 to 1000 for 3rd person

3 minutes ago, howser said:

Just always book your room for two people to be sure, most places charge extra for a guest outside of the guest no allocated to your room, so if you bring 2 girls back you'll probably get charged that guest fee, this is the same for most places, guest fees usually vary between 500 to 1000 for 3rd person

If you book your room for two persons, then there is no visitor fee for one girl; she will be asked to leave her ID card at the desk. When she leaves you, desk will phone to check you are OK.

Not too sure about bringing two girls back when you have booked the room for two persons: makes you plus two. Think this is alright but check to be sure. 

(Stayed there with TG GF. Her friend visited us in our room. No charge).

I am confident there is a charge for still more visitors at one time.

1 hour ago, tingtong2k said:

I'm staying there right now and yes, it is very guest friendly.

One of the few hotels that you don't need to pass through the lobby to get to the rooms.

Not saying that I would do that, but you can walk in by taking the driveway on the side of the lobby building and get to any of the rooms, again not going through the lobby.  

• Like 2

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

15 minutes ago, LeoTex said:

I'm staying there right now and yes, it is very guest friendly.

One of the few hotels that you don't need to pass through the lobby to get to the rooms.

Not saying that I would do that, but you can walk in by taking the driveway on the side of the lobby building and get to any of the rooms, again not going through the lobby.  

I'll say...I did that every time....:Laugh1:

• Haha 2

Stayed at the amber last week, room and facilities were nice however i found the service extremely slow, room didn't get cleaned until after 4pm every day.

On check in day room was not ready until after 3pm. One other guy i got talking to in the lobby had been waiting since 8am. Ashtray on balcony was overflowing and never emptied for 3 nights. Dropped off laundry early afternoon, used hotel as i needed it quickly and didn't get until 10pm the next night.

Its a nice hotel and great value however may be understaffed, I guess for 1000 baht i shouldn't expect too much however I've stayed in April Suites and D hotel/D express before for less money and received much better service

Edited by jim lahey
  • Like 3

On 04/09/2022 at 09:22, docbunsen said:

How was your stay ? is it a place you would return ?

I recently stayed there I liked it.  Quiet, comfortable bed not too hard, good internet.  My only complaint was no hot water.  I usually take cool showers so it wasn't a big deal for me.  Maybe it was just my room or I needed to keep it running for 10 min or something idk.

Nalanta, Sleep with Me, and Amber also looked good.  I don't think you can do wrong with any of those places.

Edited by Kale