IGNORED

Zurich Airport - are 50 minutes enough?

filipef

I will be flying to BKK with Swiss, from my country (Schengen space) and through Zurich. From the arrival time of first flight until departure ZRH-BKK it's only 50 minutes. Do you think it is enough, considering immigration control, eventual security checks, etc (and possible delays)?

I have never been in ZRH aurport, so i don't have a clue...

ZRH airport is normally very quick and you shouldn't have a lot of wait times. Passport control sometimes takes a few minutes though, especially for non-Swiss passports. But normally it's not a big deal. 

But inter-continental flights (like the one to Bangkok) will fly out from Gate E, while you will arrive at Gate A or B. They are separated by an automatic train ride (after you go through passport control) which takes an additional ~5min with wait times.

If it's all booked on one ticket, then you should be fine, but you're cutting it slightly close. Of course this all goes out the window if your first flight is delayed (by more than 10-15min max). 

Having said that: I've never had a transit in ZRH, cause it's my final destination. So my experience as a transit passenger is non-existant. But from all i've seen / read, it should be no problem. I can recommend to have a look at Flyertalk forum, it's very popular and these questions come up a lot. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines/1313900-connecting-zurich-zrh-51.html is the main thread about transit times in ZRH. 

• Like 3

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

Not sure if 50 mins is ok .. over 10 years ago , I was in Zurich airport on the way to Bangkok . The airport was  nearly empty  . Not as popular as Heathrow or Amsterdam ( busy airport) .  Maybe ok if arrive on time for connection .