IGNORED

Scammed and not there yet

gordon1

In November 2008 i stayed at the sunshine hotel and residence on soi 8 had a great time got home booked up again for April this year.yesterday i went on to their web site to find address and phone number to leave with family in case they needed to contact me,only to find the hotel has now imposed a joiners fee of 500 baht per person per night.as I'm there for three weeks and being very handsome man this will add 10,000 (£200) baht to my holiday .have contacted Agoda they are making enquires for me i wonder how many other hotels are making similar moves as the sunshine is part of a large group who i don't think would act alone.

wow.

Thats a big move.

I've stayed there in the past and its all mongerers.

They must be aming to make money rather than to turn it inot a family place.

Plenty of other places you can stay though.

I'm currently staying Jack Tar bar on Soi6. 550B, best wifi i've had in pattaya, and biggest room.

The ladyboy gauntlet at night is not pleasent, but other than thats its been ideal.

This is shocking as I would estimate at least 80% of their business comes from mongers. It is also rather disappointing as I enjoyed the hotel's new wing (Residence wing) and was intending to book for my next adventure.

I really can't understand the logic underlying this move as it will surely result in a dramatic reduction in bookings. After all, the hotel is right in the middle of the action on Soi 8!!!

It's a scam, plain and simple, avoid the place or before long they will all be at it. 20 years ago it was unheard of but especially in the past few years this practice has grown. Often it is the result of the hotels trying to claw back profits due to them offering cheap deals on rooms to independent Internet accommodation suppliers, always ask before booking, especially when booking your room online. Profitable news travels fast in LOS and in some places it could be a very lucrative way for the night staff to boost their wages.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Where u find out there is joiner fee? I cant find it on there website.

2 years ago they also speak about this!

I and my friends stay there many times and never paid for a joiner.

hal

search on hotels2thailand.com

for sunshine residences pattaya

hal

search on hotels2thailand.com

for sunshine residences pattaya

Try the Sabai lodge or Sabai Wing... soi 2 or 1 respectively... opposite Big C.... great hotels, nice attitude, no joiner fees... (Providing you book a double room)

"I have passed blamelessly through life doing nought but good deeds, and I am beloved by all whose path I have crossed. It is beyond comprehension that anyone could nurture in their hearts hostile feelings for me." Genevive Dieudonne. Vampire. ("Anno Dracula" by Kim Newman)

If you book a double room there should never be a joiners fee! It is that simple IMHO.

The hotel will only change its mind if they start to lose expected custom - stay away from it and see if 'market forces'

make them change the policy.

In November 2008 i stayed at the sunshine hotel and residence on soi 8 had a great time got home booked up again for April this year.yesterday i went on to their web site to find address and phone number to leave with family in case they needed to contact me,only to find the hotel has now imposed a joiners fee of 500 baht per person per night.as I'm there for three weeks and being very handsome man this will add 10,000 (£200) baht to my holiday .have contacted agoda they are making enquires for me i wonder how many other hotels are making similar moves as the sunshine is part of a large group who i don't think would act alone.

gordon1,

Just spoke to the hotel now. There is no joiners fee at all. They have not had one since the hotel was first open.

Speaking to Agoda's operators yesterday, many of them are unaware of the concept of guest friendly hotels and I gave them the guest friendly 101 class. They insisted I gave them the 2nd persons name in a booking. Once they checked out this with the hotel that I knew my stuff they agreed and let it drop. I guess many other sites are unaware of this as well, as they book rooms, do not need to know what you guys need.

If they did impose a joiner fee, then I reckon they would lose more than 80%. Its not exactly a family orientated hotel!

Tim

Edited by thaihoteldiscounts

Yeah, I doubt very much they would charge a joiner fee, especially when they situated in the middle of the action

It appears to be a miscommunication. A family friendly hotel on that street doesn't make any sense. If the Quenn Vic ever did that they would be out of business in less than 6 months....

Eat. Down. South.

wow.

Thats a big move.

I've stayed there in the past and its all mongerers.

They must be aming to make money rather than to turn it inot a family place.

Plenty of other places you can stay though.

I'm currently staying Jack Tar bar on soi6. 550B, best wifi i've had in pattaya, and biggest room.

The ladyboy gauntlet at night is not pleasent, but other than thats its been ideal.

I've also heard Queen Victoria is a decent place on Soi 6. But like you , would not want to run the LB gauntlet.

Stayed at Sunshine hotel residents wing for two weeks in January this year, also on many other

occasions, never had to pay a joiner fee always booked in advance with Agoda and nominated a second person ie Ms Guest otherwise breakfast will be charged for second guest also Prefer 5th or 6th floor

The staff have always respected any guest I have taken to my loom.

It just doesn't sound right if so many joinerfee will be charged for the lady.

When they would go on like that, they would be quickly out of business.

Adrie.

Thanks for all the advice Agoda have not yet got back to me but the boards consensus appears to be that the joiners fee is not in place therefore hotels2thailand have got it wrong on their web site.I HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT will find out in less than two weeks (80% of customers are mongers thank god I'm there on a cultural visit. )

If you book a double room there should never be a joiners fee! It is that simple IMHO.

The hotel will only change its mind if they start to lose expected custom - stay away from it and see if 'market forces'

make them change the policy.

Koalashit - I KNOW what you mean but am just clarifying it for others as you have used the term "double ROOM".

Almost all hotels rooms are "double"

However if you book for "double OCCUPANCY" you should not pay a joiners fee as technically you have prepaid for "up to two" persons.

For example - if you booked "double occupancy" and took the wife along you would have prepaid two persons + two brekkies (in most cases).

Most website booking agents now state "double occupancy" - if they do not, or clearly state SINGLE occupancy then thats when you need to be wary. When booking online CHECK to see if the price quoted is the SAME for 1 or 2 persons as they usually ask that on the quote form.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!