IGNORED

Visa exempt 45 days

stevebenaulim

Is this correct its now 45 days on entry for visa exempt, anyone know if this will be possible to extend in country, many thanks

29 minutes ago, HimBadMan said:

Nobody knows yet If extension will be 45 or 30 yet...  Still TBD

following this extension possibility with interest. 

• Like 2

I'm going to keep it 10 X 10 with you, I'd rather be in  Pattaya mofo.

TR's:

Gone till Nov.

Low Season Awaits....

TR3

Pattaya News said visa free will be 45 days,  extension will be 30 days. From October 1st and ends in March. 

That would make me extremely happy to no longer have to apply for a 60 day tourist! 

On 21/08/2022 at 03:16, Simti said:

That would make me extremely happy to no longer have to apply for a 60 day tourist

Yes me too.  The Thai Embassy in Manila takes TWO Business days to issue a visa,  which can be expensive either for travel or accommodation costs. 

Photo or never happened.....just kidding but no doubt someone will post a copy of their stamp on the 1st Oct....please do.....as said by fellow BMs just in time for World Cup and in all serious, once you are there an extra week isn’t too much of a stretch if you don’t need to be back at work and God knows many, many ppl have extra holidays to use up....

I don’t want to jinx it but maybe first smart TiT decision since the whole shutdown etc business began in late 2019...

Skippy

• Like 1

I was hoping for effective date to be September 1st, as I will arrive in Bangkok on September 2nd for 43 days. It was not to be so I applied for the 60 TR visa last week and just received it today. Oh well, since I have a 60 day visa now, I will probably extend my stay for another 2 weeks or so. What a bummer 🙂

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bgtp said:

With October just over a week away, has the policy been confirmed in the Royal Gazette yet?

Not in Gazette yet,  but should be zero reason it won't go through.   Think the extension is still TBD though, nobody knows for certain if extension will be 45 or 30.    Sucks that this 45 day entry expires in March 23.  Hope they change their minds and keep it indefinitely.

according to my man at thaiexpatdailynews aka Ciaran, the 45 day visa exemption is official but the extension remains at 30 days.

Anyone got recent experiance with applying for a 90 day type 'O' retirement visa through the London Embassy, specifically the 'covid' insurance requirements ?

6 hours ago, PostMan said:

according to my man at thaiexpatdailynews aka Ciaran, the 45 day visa exemption is official but the extension remains at 30 days.

Anyone got recent experiance with applying for a 90 day type 'O' retirement visa through the London Embassy, specifically the 'covid' insurance requirements ?

Got one recently. Look at this thread:

And this one:

I used a Thai broker for insurance, though it’s with a European company. She sent me a 1-page outline to use for the visa. These are the rates she quoted me:

3DD62ED4-AA12-48B9-90AF-F812A84D5E16.jpeg

Same for any age up to 70. I ended up paying more because my next trip is over 3 months. I got 12 months cover as I’m going twice in the next year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

36 minutes ago, neilm1986 said:

Any official update on this one? leaving on the 4th for 42 days

It was confirmed by the government and published. Started today.

• Like 3

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

2 hours ago, davidge said:

It was confirmed by the government and published. Started today.

Great to hear, thanks. I’ve got a 38 day trip coming up next month. I was prepared to get a visa under the new online system, but glad it’s not required now.

Does the last day of the 45 visa exemption count as the 1st day of the 30 day extension? Or is it dated for 30 days from the day after?

TIA

Okay, so the 45 day has happened for Aussies and others...if somebody wanted to stay longer then a short old style visa run, to say Cambodia would get you another 45 days or just 30....??

Skippy

So does anyone know if usually the first day of an extension is the last day of the visa exemption or the day after?

Thank you.

5 minutes ago, az89 said:

So does anyone know if usually the first day of an extension is the last day of the visa exemption or the day after?

The day after. If your permitted until is, say, October 22, the 30 day extension will start from October 23. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

On 06/10/2022 at 05:59, SkippyRoo said:

Okay, so the 45 day has happened for Aussies and others...if somebody wanted to stay longer then a short old style visa run, to say Cambodia would get you another 45 days or just 30....??

Skippy

So as to clear things up the old fashioned “Visa Run” as I mentioned above is really a new stamp visa exempt run.....

Anyway will you get another 45 or just 30??

Skippy