IGNORED

VIP or club lounge in BKK Hotels

FarangKiNok

Do you find paying extra for VIP or club rooms to gain lounge access worth the stretch.

Will the “free” food and drinks pay for themselves ?

I mainly use them for fast check in some place to relax a bit more and have some nibbles n drinks whilst I plan my evening 

I have when with company taken  girl along she has been made to feel welcome and some places that fawn on guests also did the same to her

Is it worth it for what one pays extra I'm not sure never really added it up n probably not but it does make a nice change and sometimes deals are to be had so why not of you can and are willing to spend a bit more

• Thanks 1

no, certainly not worth it (imho) to pay for it in cash. 

if you get it via status, then it's of course a nice perk. 

even if i have access to it (via room category for example), i hardly spent any time there.

• Thanks 1

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

Did enjoy the club lounge experience however tend to agree that when hitting the bars largely a waste of time for me. Prime time to get out and start my night so rarely use. 

If on business in a country with far less mongering options I would go for it. 

8 hours ago, FROST MEDIC999 said:

I mainly use them for fast check in some place to relax a bit more and have some nibbles n drinks whilst I plan my evening 

I have when with company taken  girl along she has been made to feel welcome and some places that fawn on guests also did the same to her

Is it worth it for what one pays extra I'm not sure never really added it up n probably not but it does make a nice change and sometimes deals are to be had so why not of you can and are willing to spend a bit more

Fawn on guests? do you mean frown on guests?

1 hour ago, Perseus said:

You've never heard that saying?

https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/fawn+over

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Perseus said:

Nope

15 hours ago, FarangKiNok said:

Do you find paying extra for VIP or club rooms to gain lounge access worth the stretch.

Will the “free” food and drinks pay for themselves ?

Lounges outside the US are usually much better than those in the US (free booze, better food, more comfortable)  

Don’t know about the cost differential; when I paid it was always on the company dime.  Usually hit the lounge for breakfast. Now I have it for life in two major chains.  The real benefit to me is upgraded rooms, speed of check in/check out and occasionally finding me a room when the hotel was sold out. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Perseus said:

can't say I have, I actually looked at the 'meaning of' before posting and nothing relevant showed up.

Bizarre.

I just tried "meaning of fawn on" in Google and got 3,970,000 results. Only looked at the first three pages and they were virtually all explanations of the idiom.

Oh well.

Look at it this way: You were able to learn something new today 🙂

Ended up booking The Landmark Club Room. I have been staying at the Landmark since 2000 but never had their Clubs or VIP rooms.

• 1 month later...
On 15/08/2022 at 08:53, FarangKiNok said:

Ended up booking The Landmark Club Room. I have been staying at the Landmark since 2000 but never had their Clubs or VIP rooms.

Stayed in their club room during my visit in june. I don't think it's worth it. If i stay in landmark again i rather spend extra on a larger room. The service is excellent by the staff, but drink options are limited and its just 2 hours anyway.

• Like 2