IGNORED

Nightlife in Ubon

derrylad

i'm thinking about a trip to ubon but i know very little about it. where do i go to find the best night life is it localised to a certain area? and is this a place where i should bring my own bar girl or will i meet them freely up there? any info about ubon is greatly appreciated.

last time went - ok like 5 years ago - there was not much to speak of, went to a really lame kareoke show bar with girls ( i forget what you call that kind of venue, not gogo and not just a bar? )

• 1 month later...
i'm thinking about a trip to ubon but i know very little about it. where do i go to find the best night life is it localised to a certain area? and is this a place where i should bring my own bar girl or will i meet them freely up there? any info about ubon is greatly appreciated.

The best advice is to bring your own. Chances are good that you will get one for whom it will be a homecoming. Plenty of the bar girls in Bangkok are from the surrounding area. There are a number of bars to hit once you're up here but I doubt any that will have girls that will go with farangs. If you're Thai that's another story.

If you need any information just ask.

Which Ubon ? there are qute a few 3 of them quite large cities

Ubon Ratchathani

Which Ubon ? there are qute a few 3 of them quite large cities

Really? I only know Ubon Ratchathani...... where are the other two?

There are some good Thai live music bars and clubs there. The one I remember the name of is called Ta Kiang.

There are some good Thai live music bars and clubs there. The one I remember the name of is called Ta Kiang.

Yeah it all depends on what type of music you're looking for. There are a lot of small places with sort of Thai folk music like Carabao. There are also large beer halls with bands like Tawan Daeng and Country Club. There's at least one big rock nightclub, The Rock. There are also places that play a mix of western rock and pop and Thai misic. Overall, there is something for just about everyone here.

• 7 months later...

There are several clubs scasttered around town. There are also a few small bars here and there. SOme are down around the Nevada Comples and thereare a few near the Big C. However, Ubon Ratchathani is not really a place that offers a lot of options if it bargirls you are looking for. You would be better off bringing your own if that is what you are looking for. I prefer the Country CLub myself for music, but it is strictly an Isaan club.

TCR

When i first went there in 1989 there were a couple of massage parlours left over from the days when it was a US air force base in the Vietnam war, they might still be there. I haven't been there for about 8 years now but I remember there being some Thai style places. As in any town in Thailand, speak to the local Tuk Tuk or Samlor drivers.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Really? I only know Ubon Ratchathani...... where are the other two?

There's Ubon Ratana, but that's tiny, he's probably thinking of Udon as one of the other ones.

The young folk tend to hang around the Navada, there's a few bars behind Big C, and around the Rajabaht uni, in one of the back alleys across the 24 there's a gogo.

• 3 months later...

Was in Ubon late 2009, not really a P4P scene.

There are a few good clubs, mostly Thai's at these clubs but there were a few farangs.

Also spotted a few F/L at these clubs, but I didn't approach as I was with my TGF already.

Best clubs for a good night out are:

e-bar & u-bar

both these clubs are located on the same road.

Th Phichit Rangsan

Both these places close fairly early @ 1am, but just speak to one of the lovely ladies shimming around whom I sure will point you in the right direction of a late night bar if you want to kick on.

ปาà¸à¸«à¸§à¸²à¸™à¸à¹‰à¸™à¹€à¸›à¸£à¸µà¹‰à¸¢à¸§

• 6 months later...

I agree that E Bar and U Bar are good and there seemed to be a fair few freelancers in U Bar but I did not approach any as I was with my TGF. They are both close to The Laithong hotel. There are also Thai style outside pubs scattered all over the city, some of which have freelancers and "cheer beer girls" that you could try your luck with.

Another avenue is the numerous prostitute pick up bars that mainly cater to Thai males. They can be distinguished by the neon-lighting or Christmas decoration lights that are arrayed on the front of the bar. I noticed that there were a few near Robinsons, and in Warin to the South of Ubon Ratchathani.

I was told that there is one gogo bar in Ubon, on a side street in between Robinsons and The Pathumrat hotel. I did not visit it so I am not sure on the quality of the girls, but I heard they really push for lady drinks.

There are also a few fishbowls around Ubon. Two that I know of are at The Pathumrat hotel, called Long Beach, and at the Dara Turkey Bath hotel.

I am sure there are more around, but I was with my GF so I was not really seeking anything out, though the monger in me took note of any potential places I saw or heard about. If you can speak any Thai befriend some local Thai guys or a tuk tuk driver, I am sure they would be able to point you in the right direction.

Edited by jorde_777

take one with you it will make your trip alot easier get out of the city in the country are some good sites and cheap places to say if you want something speacial look up thosang resort highly reckmend this place some bars at the turn off to resort look local style could try your luck there.small town across the river has some good places to eat on the water can catch boat to loas market have a look