IGNORED

Screen replacement

Dropped the old Note 9 last week and the screens got a couple of holes in it along with a spders web style set of cracks.

Is Tuk Com the best option IE cheapest and any idea as to cost??

Cheers

Edited by Baddave
Spelling

tukcom will probably be the default suggestion, yes. 

it's not cheap at all. i asked for a screen replacement for a galaxy s10+ a few months ago there and was quoted over 6k for it. i don't know if they'd use original parts or not. 

battery replacements are very cheap though (i paid 1200 thb and it took half an hour). 

there might be cheaper options, but i'd be somewhat careful with screen replacements in random places. 

you might be better off just buying a new mid-range phone instead. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

43 minutes ago, petehoax said:

tukcom will probably be the default suggestion, yes. 

it's not cheap at all. i asked for a screen replacement for a galaxy s10+ a few months ago there and was quoted over 6k for it. i don't know if they'd use original parts or not. 

you might be better off just buying a new mid-range phone instead. 

6k isnt too bad actually if it were a genuine screen. That would be abiut 35% below normal rates over here.

Already been quote the equivalent  of 9800bht over here with a genuine screen. 

I know it's 4 years old but still a decent phone and the £225 quoted doesn't  make it an economical repair. Would cost more than I'd get for it if I were to sell it with thebnew screen. 

I have already sourced a refurbed Note 20 ultra as a replacement,but it's handy just having a spare phone i can shut off at the end of the day purely for work. 

I may just bring it with me and see what sort of price they're  gonna need to fix it. It does still work and getting it through airport security wouldn't  be a problem  

Edited by Baddave

i don't know if it's a genuine screen, that's one of the reason why i didn't replace mine. i also just had a tiny part of the screen on the bottom right affected, so i had no problems to continue using it. 

they clearly said the battery wasn't original ("but same same!"), but they said the screen replacement is original, but i was doubtful. but it may very well be original. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

A few minutes walk from Tukcom, great service, and don't rip you off.

Screenshot_2022_08_06_18_46_32@2x.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Samsung service centre (near the town hall .. google it for exact location and phone number) I have found to be excellent. 

At least get a quote from them.  Maybe they will give a quote on the phone

I had to get an iPhone 13 Max Pro screen replaced a few months ago.

I went to Tukcom and it was 13,000 for what i thought was going to be an iphone screen.

I was in a bind and just had to do it.

Then when it came back there is an error message in my settings that the screen is not an Apple screen.

I had not idea but did not have any leverage to do anything about it.  I needed my phone for business.