IGNORED

Naked foreigner with possible mental illness shocks pedestrians in South Pattaya before getting arrested

The Pattaya News

The Pattaya News
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Pattaya — A naked foreigner with only a camera slung over his shoulder and a tiny waist bag shocked pedestrians in South Pattaya before getting arrested. The man might suffer from a mental illness, the police suspected. Pol. Capt. Sontaya Khansub on a night shift at the Pattaya Police Station today, August 4th, received a […]

Naked foreigner with possible mental illness shocks pedestrians in South Pattaya before getting arrested
-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-
The Pattaya News - Real. Unbiased. Impactful. In the moment.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

it's weird to read that 'mental illness' thing on a dude who walked naked in a city where half of the population are prostitute and sex tourist.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Very sad ,  one in three old people will get dementia . I once knew a man walked around naked at Pratumnak hill , police had to call his family or consulate office , his son came over to take him home .  Wouldn’t surprise me if there are few there now suffering with dementia . 

Edited by jocky king

Or  it could be

stoned.gif

The guy could just be stoned on cannabis.  Incidents of bizarre and inappropriate behavior increased in the U.S. states which legalized cannabis for recreational use.

Personally, I'd much rather encounter a naked guy walking peacefully than an aggressive drunk.

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

20 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

Or  it could be

stoned.gif

The guy could just be stoned on cannabis.  Incidents of bizarre and inappropriate behavior increased in the U.S. states which legalized cannabis for recreational use.

Personally, I'd much rather encounter a naked guy walking peacefully than an aggressive drunk.

Evil

i never heard of this kind of reaction after smoking weed. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Impressed by how the police handled it.....  "After a long, peaceful talk, however, the man gave in and let the officers wrap his body to conceal his nudity before taking him to a police station."

Good to see the police doing their best not to escalate a bad situation and handling things in a calm manner.  Good for them and they got the best outcome possible.  I hope the guy gets the right sort of help.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MidniteM said:

Impressed by how the police handled it.....  "After a long, peaceful talk, however, the man gave in and let the officers wrap his body to conceal his nudity before taking him to a police station."

Good to see the police doing their best not to escalate a bad situation and handling things in a calm manner.  Good for them and they got the best outcome possible.  I hope the guy gets the right sort of help.

In Australia they would have shot him.

If you're going to try, go all the way.

40 minutes ago, Ipsa est veritas said:

The cops were patient with this guy in the U.S.  He had multiple chances to surrender peacefully, but fought the cops like hell.

Evil

A few more than were mentally ill, high or both.  The guys who get violent in the U.S. tend to be on PCP, but a lot of time illegal  joints are dipped in PCP to make them stronger.  Some people smoke them unknowingly.

From Australia

Times Square in New York City. The cops aren't even paying attention.

10 hours ago, kodak.kid said:

It's a drug, and drugs effect different people in different ways. I've posted here personally of my bad experience with cannabis in Pattaya. This is the second report this week of an out of control person in the city that the police had to be called to.

I never thought it was a great idea to be selling a mind altering drug to very drunk people on holiday, just waiting now for the authorities to roll back their decision on this.

https://www.rehab4addiction.co.uk/guides/cannabis-make-angry

Quote:

It has been suggested that the chemicals in cannabis have the potential to transform the way people perceive events in their environment, this can lead to the development of psychosis which has long been established as a consequence of excessive cannabis consumption. (2,3)

Once in this state, the behavior of a person becomes unpredictable with the potential for misunderstandings and a huge tendency to misinterpret events that occur.

When coupled with paranoia there is a strong chance that this will lead to aggressive or/and violent behavior.

People who develop psychosis tend to lose touch with the reality going on around them, they may have delusions and false beliefs about themselves and other people, and this may lead to them behaving inappropriately in social situations as cannabis has decreased their ability to make accurate social judgements.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ipsa est veritas said:

No they would not have.  All Australian state police have pretty strict training and laws regarding gun use and an unarmed man would not have guns drawn on him unless there was a genuine threat to life. Merely drawing their weapon means they are subject to reporting it. Tased, maybe.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ipsa est veritas said:

Your source ? 

1 hour ago, MidniteM said:

No they would not have.  All Australian state police have pretty strict training and laws regarding gun use and an unarmed man would not have guns drawn on him unless there was a genuine threat to life. Merely drawing their weapon means they are subject to reporting it. Tased, maybe.

Exactly. 

44 minutes ago, Arnie85 said:

Australian police would have given him a kebab and walked him home. 

Possibly. 

Our Police od a great job made even harder in this PC world we live in now.... 

• Like 1

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

13 hours ago, kodak.kid said:

Nobody has, because it doesn't happen. But just like anything else, if someone doesn't like it they'll say anything they can to make sure it's not available for anyone. 

27 minutes ago, WhiteThai said:

Nobody has, because it doesn't happen. But just like anything else, if someone doesn't like it they'll say anything they can to make sure it's not available for anyone. 

I don't smoke myself but have been around it all my life a lot of people I know do smoke, and from what I see it affects people differently. Some can still function in business at a very high level and some I wouldn't even ask them to do a simple task like tie up my shoelaces as they could not cope.

But people who smoke will say anything to justify their habit. As they say though it's your life upto you.

13 hours ago, Ipsa est veritas said:

It just doesn't happen that way.  When you consider all the jobs cops get called out on, very few of those end up in a shooting by cop and of those you will find a weapon was involved. I think they actually do a pretty good job under trying circumstances.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Harry Brown said:

I don't smoke myself but have been around it all my life a lot of people I know do smoke, and from what I see it affects people differently. Some can still function in business at a very high level and some I wouldn't even ask them to do a simple task like tie up my shoelaces as they could not cope.

But people who smoke will say anything to justify their habit. As they say though it's your life upto you.

Ok, fair enough. But have you ever seen it make someone violent as has been suggested above?

4 minutes ago, Harry Brown said:

It just doesn't happen that way.  When you consider all the jobs cops get called out on, very few of those end up in a shooting by cop and of those you will find a weapon was involved. I think they actually do a pretty good job under trying circumstances.

I agree that the police in Australia do a terrific job.

There is no way I would be be able to do the role.

I'm originally from Melbourne and we had a run of Police shootings several years ago and it was a bit of a running gag (albeit dark humour) about Vic police being trigger happy.

I recall a shooting of a homeless guy on St.Kilda beach several years ago, however I can't find the source.(I think he had a knife)

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-12-08/police-shooting-of-knife-wielding-man-avoidable-coroner-finds/5952420

I'm not into cop bashing.I have a few mates who are/were police.

Delete the comment if it's bad taste and offensive.

Maybe I'm the one who was trigger happy with the comment in this now PC world.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you're going to try, go all the way.

4 hours ago, Farangkie said:

It's a drug, and drugs effect different people in different ways. I've posted here personally of my bad experience with cannabis in Pattaya. This is the second report this week of an out of control person in the city that the police had to be called to.

I never thought it was a great idea to be selling a mind altering drug to very drunk people on holiday, just waiting now for the authorities to roll back their decision on this.

Quote:

It has been suggested that the chemicals in cannabis have the potential to transform the way people perceive events in their environment, this can lead to the development of psychosis which has long been established as a consequence of excessive cannabis consumption. (2,3)

Once in this state, the behavior of a person becomes unpredictable with the potential for misunderstandings and a huge tendency to misinterpret events that occur.

When coupled with paranoia there is a strong chance that this will lead to aggressive or/and violent behavior.

People who develop psychosis tend to lose touch with the reality going on around them, they may have delusions and false beliefs about themselves and other people, and this may lead to them behaving inappropriately in social situations as cannabis has decreased their ability to make accurate social judgements.

Also strong indicators that it can activate latent schizophrenia.

All extremely rare reactions though - largely because it normally requires very heavy use over an extended period of time - but people won't believe they happen at all because of that rarity.

It's the old "Well I did it, and it didn't affect me!" fallacy.

A bit like claiming peanuts can't cause anaphylaxis because "Me and my buddies eat peanuts all the time and none of us have ever had a reaction!", although that particular condition is now common enough that people do accept it.

Or "I got beat up when I was a kid and I don't go around doing X, therefore it isn't causal!"

Another non-sequitur because of course - as you alluded to - two distinct personality types with different strengths and weaknesses going through the exact same circumstances will produce varying results.

Hearing facts isn't what convinces people to change their mind.

There must be a dispassionate, humble curiosity about a subject, or the data must be unignorable and present in their experiences or personal lives in some way.

For cannabis, nearly everyone who has tried it has the experience of mellowing out. Calming down. Relaxing. Having a giggle. Culturally, that's how it's viewed as well.

It's very easy to reject the edge-case horror stories, and regular people aren't sitting around reading studies on how it can affect the development of a young person's brain (although if their kids are getting into it, they should - it is a significant area of concern)

Why would they? The likelihood of it doing you harm as a fully-grown adult is almost nil. It's safety profile is better than a lot of prescription drugs out there, and to juxtapose it against the crimes alcohol is involved with would be an absurdity.

You are, however, correct 🤣

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dr No said:

Can anyone confirm where @Thomaz73 was last night?

Well, you should recall that around Buakhao is my main area of activity. So, look our for similar stories from there 😂

• Haha 2

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Just now, Thomaz73 said:

Well, you should recall that around Buakhao is my main area of activity. So, look our for similar stories from there 😂

I’m sure @think8787 will make sure you’re not completely naked.  

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Farangkie said:

Quote:

i don't think you are talking about THC, there is synthetice cannabis now who is very dangerous because like most chemical drug it's almost impossible to predict wich product was added to the weed and in wich quantity. But real cannabis, with THC, i doubt that even the strongest one could cause this type of behavior, usually if it's too strong for you , the person will just stay there and do nothing untill he fall asleep or the effect go away. On a long term usage THC can have some impact on the psychologic like any substance who have an effect on the brain but i highly doubt this guy made that beacause he smoked natural weed once.