IGNORED

Can anyone recommend a cheap hotel/bungalow by the beach?

R-KivE

Hi everyone,

Planning on heading to Pattaya with a friend around May time and would like some advice on accomadation.

Is it a good idea to find somewhere to stay before we go and get it booked/reserved? or find somewhere out there?

Ive heard about beach type hut that are really affordable, are there any of these close to Pattaya?

What about budget hotels also? near the beach would be good, what sort of money are they?

Any advice would be much appreciated :P

Thanks

gk9qT.png

** post disclaimer -- I haven't been to Pattaya yet, just going off what I have read from other users **

I arrive in Pattaya on the 9th of April and have been hunting for places for over a week.

From what I have seen your options are hotels (either stand alone or attached to a bar) or furnished apartment/condos. There are lots of places available for 600-1000 baht a day.

Check out:

http://the-irish-rovers.com/pattaya.php -- Pat is great to deal with and super helpful, have only heard good things about this place.

http://www.hotelpasadenalodge.com/ -- looks like I will probably be staying here, seems really nice for the price.

http://www.secretspattaya.com/ -- I have heard mixed reviews about this place, ie. a target for naive pattaya newbs.

http://www.armageddonbar.com/ -- don't know much about this place but the rooms are somewhat inexpensive.

Pattaya doesn't have any budget beach huts. Budget accommodation of around 500B/night is not difficult to obtain. One can find 300B too, but the quality goes way down.

Edited by BangkapiBoy

Pattaya doesn't have any budget beach huts. Budget accommodation of around 500B/night is not difficult to obtain. One can find 300B too, but the quality goes way down.

Could you reccomend any decent places?

gk9qT.png

The cottage (they have a web site) is near 2nd road and soi 2....bungalow style with about a 5 minute walk to the beach...not in the 500 bhat range....I recently stayed at the Siam guest house off of soi 3 below 2nd road for less than 500 hundred bhat long monthly rate...good clean rooms, great location, 5 minute walk to the beach..Simon the owner is a board member here and can give you availiblity....The beach is really not the draw in Pattaya...most locals avoid the water over health worries, they see what runs into the bay....it's a nice walk though....the welcome inn also on soi 3 may also work for you.....Good Luck

Edited by guykrup

you can pm Simon P from the Siam Guest House to check prices....the small rooms are not that small, free wifi and everything recently remolded....

Thanks a lot for the replies, now I have some places I can start finding the right one :D

guykrup you mentioned the beach ain't too great at Pattaya? Where is a nice close beach to visit? not too quiet but clean and preferably with a few chicks on :001_Sawasdee:

gk9qT.png

Best cheap accomodation so far IMO was 18 Coins Soi Buakow, 540BT per night Xmas/New year. Basic rooms, clean with in room safes. GREAT Resteraunt serving daily specials with a 130BT for 3 bottles promotion!!

Make sure you always ask whether the place accepts credit cards and if there is an elevator if it has high floors.

Hi everyone,

Planning on heading to Pattaya with a friend around May time and would like some advice on accomadation.

Is it a good idea to find somewhere to stay before we go and get it booked/reserved? or find somewhere out there?

Ive heard about beach type hut that are really affordable, are there any of these close to Pattaya?

What about budget hotels also? near the beach would be good, what sort of money are they?

Any advice would be much appreciated :Hooked1:

Thanks

try luck apartment on soi diana near beach excellent location have her number here if you phone from england 0066 85 2760587 excellent rooms 500bt approx tell her fred gave you number

You could try Chaplins On Soi 3 very close to at least 2 soapies, i was there in 2006 was my first visit to Pattaya, looking back Chaplins was in need of a makeover then, i would like to know if anyone has stayed there since

Thanks Steven.

Chaplin's is in need of some fixing up, it's changed hands since then but was not remolded....the Siam guest house is down the small soi next to Chalplin's.....completely redone and inexpensive.....for beach that is cleaner than Pattaya.....Jomtein looks better.but probably still unhealthy.... I would recommend not staying near the beach...you end up paying more for something that you won't use that much, during the day you get baked well done in about 45 minutes , if beautiful willing women can tempt you, you likely to feel lonely at the beach and head back to where the girls are, the Thai girls almost all avoid the sun to keep from getting darker......instead save a little money on the hotel then take a two day trip (with a girl) to Rayong then off to the island....beautiful beaches and ocean, but bring your own girl....

Edited by guykrup

Anything I have seen for less than 600 baht is pretty rough.

If you are staying long enough to take advantage of "Monthly Rates" then there are NUMEROUS excellent deals and QUALITY accomodation to be had particulary around the Soi Lkmetro/Buakaou area, at rates equivalent to 500 bht a day. :wub: