IGNORED

Current airline experiences

Derrick Longham

Holiday options for now are Thailand or Philippimes. The flight costs are almost identical from Japan.  I have already chosen Thailand.  

10 hours ago, Helpisontheway3 said:

That is an an awful experience. Did you have Travel Insurance?

I always take out travel insurance to help make those situations easier. TID were pretty good on my recent trip and were rather cheap for 8 days (< $150)

It doesn't matter either way.  I was stuck in a location I didn't want to be in because of Jetstar. They have refused to even address the issue. Don't waste your time.  They are cunts.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Shuggy said:

Hit the lounge after that. One of the worst lounges in Asia but it has wifi, alcohol, and some food. Manila airport is an utter toilet. Its like going back in time. 

3 hours ago, Jake.houston said:

Well, now I’m pumped!

😂🤣😆😢

On the plus side, even at THAT level, it's probably better than most AA or United lounges! 555

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

More wonderful experiences for Australians traveling to Bali thanks to Jetstar.  Any excuse will do.  The management isn't taking proper responsibility for their decisions.  Disgusting!

Edited by hatguy

16 minutes ago, hatguy said:

More wonderful experiences for Australians traveling to Bali thanks to Jetstar.  Any excuse will do.  The management isn't taking proper responsibility for their decisions.  Disgusting!

Saw that last night fuck those guys treating people like crap and stranding them either before, part way or after their holidays. Last thing I want travelling for my long awaited trip.

There's a good app Flight Radar 24 that shows history of flight routes if anyone is worried you can se the history of cancellations, departures and arrival times based on when they were scheduled. 

My last flight on Jetstar was nearly three years ago. Timekeeping was bad; my travel notes record:

Date- Nov 2019

Flight number

Scheduled

Actual

Sat 9

Jetstar JQ29

Dep MEL 1435

Arr BKK 1950

Boarded 1530, Take-off 1600 – 1hr 25min late

Sat 30

Jetstar JQ30

Dep BKK 2125

Arr MEL 1030 +1

Dep 2230 – 2hr 5 min late

Arr 1150 – 1hr 25min late

Not only were flights late, but there were also lengthy hangarounds at both Tullamarine airport in Melbourne and at Suvarnabhumi in Bangkok.

I now prefer to pay a bit more for a full-service airline (no budget carrier drip pricing). I've more recently flown ThaiAir Airbus A350 and Singapore Air (via SIN) in Boeing B777. All flights were on time.

• Like 1

I think it was two nights ago but the Jetstar flight from Osaka to Cairns left 6 hours late. Schedule was 9pm. Left at 3 am. Luckily not my flight.  That airport does not have shops open but they do have toilets aud water. 

I was flying from BNE with SQ last month and went to the airport bar waiting for my flight, the bar was FULL of Jetstar passengers on a Bali flight that had been delayed about 10 hours because of a staffing issue. The poor bastard FAs who had to service that replacement flight were going to be inundated by drunk angry Bali tourists that had been sucking down beers in the airport bar for 10 hours, not sure who I feel more sorry for!

QF, TG and SQ prices are all too high for my December trip, so I'm risking it with the new direct Thai AirAisa route from SYD and Eva on return via Taipei

1 hour ago, yesandno said:

QF, TG and SQ prices are all too high for my December trip, so I'm risking it with the new direct Thai AirAisa route from SYD and Eva on return via Taipei

Take it you are referring to the Eva Air flight into Brisbane....I used to take Eva Lon to Bangkok when lived in the UK..could not fault the service, loved that premium economy....

Always interested in that Brissie flight, even though my relatives etc lived on the other side of Australia, thought might try it one time...

Still interested if Eva going to expand further flights to Australia....

Please give us a report on the flight when you have done it

Skippy

22 hours ago, SkippyRoo said:

Take it you are referring to the Eva Air flight into Brisbane....I used to take Eva Lon to Bangkok when lived in the UK..could not fault the service, loved that premium economy....

Always interested in that Brissie flight, even though my relatives etc lived on the other side of Australia, thought might try it one time...

Still interested if Eva going to expand further flights to Australia....

Please give us a report on the flight when you have done it

Skippy

Yeah Eva will be into BNE, I think this will be my first time with Eva. If they are good, I might start using them more and extend some layovers in Taipei. I'll try to remember to give a report after my flight.

I flew CNX-BKK (on Thai VietJet) then BKK-LHR (on Thai Airways) on Wednesday 7th.

I have rarely seen Swampy at lunchtime so quiet, few planes on-the-ground and few international-passengers, the Duty-Free shops were all open again, but shelves relatively-bare & staff all bored-to-tears, didn't the government claim recently that tourism was reviving ?  🙄

TG-flight almost full on a smaller 787-800 (miss the A380s & Jumbo), food & IFE was OK, you had to walk to the back to get an extra drink in-between meals, or press the call-button (slow to answer).  Also, on a 12-hour daytime-flight with windows dimmed all-the-way, we got blankets but no pillows ?  Excellent service/joking-chat from an overworked older cabin-crew member however, so I sent the airline a hero-gram on TG-feedback, which he'd earned !

Heathrow terminal-2 on-time arrival at seven in-the-evening was a complete shit-show, we must have walked/queued an extra 45-mins/1km, in the line simply to scan our passports at an e-gate !   Welcome to Britain  ...  now start queueing here !   Felt like a dozen flights had all landed at-the-same-time ?   Contrast with Swampy-outbound couldn't have been greater !

Edited by semi-retired member