IGNORED

Waldorf Astoria

hillshillshills510

Anyone stay at the Waldorf Astoria?

It is a bit far from the action. Not much/anything out there as far as guest friendly. But I wonder if they just do a don’t ask don’t tell policy as long as you keep things respectful. 

all high-end hotel in bangkok are guest friendly and won't bother you, as long as you don't make a huge scene. if you walk in at 3am with an obvious street worker that is super wasted and half naked, they might usher you inside or might ask for ID or something like that. 

but as long as you walk in normally (even if you have like 3 girls with you), they should never say / do anything. as you say: don't ask don't tell. 

of course you can ask them to take the girl's ID, but it's very unlikely that they proactively ask for it. 

i've actually expected the waldorf to be more expensive than it seems to be. i thought it was more in the mandarin oriental / capella price range (20k+ / night), but saw rooms at a random mid week date next month for under 10k. 

i still wouldn't book it and think something like the regency suite at hyatt regency is (much) better value, but of course others might see it differently. the king deluxe suite at waldorf actually looks great. 

• Like 1

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

I can fill you in with the details after I stay there for 4 nights in November.

I had some Hilton free night certificates - 2 expiring year end; 2 expiring next June. Decided to lump them together for a longer stay.

As for being "a bit far from the action," it is right next to the Grand Hyatt Erawan Plaza, a short walk to the Chit Lom BTS station. From there, it's two stops to Nana station (Nana) and one more to Asok station (Soi Cowboy). It's also a short walk to Central World (connected to Chit Lom station).

I typically grab a Bolt, Grab or taxi to get back to the hotel.

As for "guest friendly," YMMV, but I have never had an issue at any of the upscale hotels where I have stayed in Bangkok, including Shangri La (YEARS ago) and St Regis (which also is close to Waldorf Astoria).

Yea that was kind of my experience at the athenee no one really cared or bothered to check. I’m fairly sure I saw a couple girls waiting in the lobby doing an outcall for someone lol. 

I should be there end of September. I’ll report back. Yea def close with transit just meant walking. Compared to something like the JW. 

thanks for the feedback guys.