Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Heiniken 0%

tobeornottobe

Do most of the bars serve heinken 0% or any other non alcohol beer?

Starting to. 

I am pretty much a non drinker, but do get sick of coke zero and the like. Never really been a beer drinker, but I gave Heiniken a go and I must say I don't mind it. 

Be careful with the San Miquel 'zero' it's actually alcoholic. 

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

i never seen any and i am not sure if they have any good beer in Thailand. When heineken is the top beer you can find there is a problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Atlas said:

I am pretty much a non drinker,

Mate, sorry I am very confused. I thought you were an Australian and also Ex-RAAF. Now you tell us you are "pretty much a non-drinker"! Help - I'm off for a few beers to try to work it out!  Want to join me?? Ooops you don't almost non-drink!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Off topic a bit but a funny story:

I am from the USA but when I was a kid my cousins moved to Netherlands around 1976. 

One of my cousins married her high school sweetheart who ended up working sales for Heineken (outskirts of Amsterdam).

In 2016, after 40 F-ing years, I finally made it over to the Netherlands.

As expected we (me and my Chinese GF at the time) got a VIP tour of the Heineken factory and such.  It was a nice touch and at the end we got to try some free beer.

My cousin's husband told me I should try to the new beer, "Heineken 0."

I asked him what the 0 meant (I know, I am stupid) and he told me it was because they keep the beers temperature right at 0 Celsius.  LOL

Well I bought it "hook, line and sinker."  

I had no reason to not trust him and would never think he would be messing with me.  It never crossed my mind.

I fell in love with this new Heineken "cold" beer.

I ordered with the entire trip wherever we went.

He never once told me the truth that the "0" was the alcohol content.

I remember a few times he would ask me if I was drunk yet, but not once did I catch on.

It was not until I returned to the USA that I told my buddy about this new beer, that when I googled it, I discovered what the "0" really meant.

It is funny now, but at the time I was a little upset I flew all the way to the Netherlands and was not drinking real Heineken.

LOL

It's very rare, but it's picking up. For example I had Heineken 0.0 at Runway Bar and at Danny's Bar the other week. 90 baht.

Don't go for the San Miguel Zero as it's actually 3%. Fake advertising. 

17 minutes ago, Tarpon said:

Don't go for the San Miguel Zero as it's actually 3%. Fake advertising

Well, they're using it differently. It's about calories in this case. Still misleading, of course :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Greg_B said:

Cranberry juice is an option as many bars have that..

Mate I find most 'juices' are just sugar with a bit of added flavor... 

4 hours ago, Jarrod2518 said:

Mate, sorry I am very confused. I thought you were an Australian and also Ex-RAAF. Now you tell us you are "pretty much a non-drinker"! Help - I'm off for a few beers to try to work it out!  Want to join me?? Ooops you don't almost non-drink!

😂
Firstly, you must be the only one who reads my posts, thank you :D

I must say, even in the 'deployment' days I seldom indulged, but when I do, it's never a good outcome,especially the next day !!! And certainly as I have got older the recover time is just too long :D 

My last effort was at a well known biker destination near Chumphon, on apple cider, which down way too easy and hit me all of a sudden (about 10 cans later he said).... We were supposed to continue our motorcycle touring the next day, did not happen, was wayyyyyy too sick and sorry for myself 🤢 

So no, defence time or not, have never been a drinker. My drink of choice however is Southern Comfort. 

3 hours ago, LASportsNut said:

Off topic a bit but a funny story:

I am from the USA but when I was a kid my cousins moved to Netherlands around 1976. 

One of my cousins married her high school sweetheart who ended up working sales for Heineken (outskirts of Amsterdam).

In 2016, after 40 F-ing years, I finally made it over to the Netherlands.

As expected we (me and my Chinese GF at the time) got a VIP tour of the Heineken factory and such.  It was a nice touch and at the end we got to try some free beer.

I asked him what the 0 meant (I know, I am stupid) and he told me it was because they keep the beers temperature right at 0 Celsius.  LOL

Well I bought it "hook, line and sinker."  

I had no reason to not trust him and would never think he would be messing with me.  It never crossed my mind.

I fell in love with this new Heineken "cold" beer.

I ordered with the entire trip wherever we went.

He never once told me the truth that the "0" was the alcohol content.

I remember a few times he would ask me if I was drunk yet, but not once did I catch on.

It was not until I returned to the USA that I told my buddy about this new beer, that when I googled it, I discovered what the "0" really meant.

It is funny now, but at the time I was a little upset I flew all the way to the Netherlands and was not drinking real Heineken.

LOL

That's Gold :D

Regards, Atlas.

21 hours ago, Atlas said:

Firstly, you must be the only one who reads my posts

Sorry Atlas, I might not be the only one. Apparently it is rumored there is another guy in Chang Mai!.  Seriously, I find your "posts" both interesting and entertaining. In common, I am Ex-RAF, lived Oz a long time, now live Darkside and have a passion for motorcycles, Thai girls and of course quality beer! 

5 minutes ago, Jarrod2518 said:

Sorry Atlas, I might not be the only one. Apparently it is rumored there is another guy in Chang Mai!.  Seriously, I find your "posts" both interesting and entertaining. In common, I am Ex-RAF, lived Oz a long time, now live Darkside and have a passion for motorcycles, Thai girls and of course quality beer! 

Well thanks mate. 

Just sent you a PM :D

Regards, Atlas.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/07/2022 at 07:05, LASportsNut said:

Heineken does actually have a beer that is chilled at 0 degrees Celcius, it's called Heineken Ice Cold.

Also, in most parts of the Netherlands, Heineken is NOT considered a premium beer and most Dutch people wonder why the beer is so famous around the world.

11 minutes ago, twisterbeer said:

Also, in most parts of the Netherlands, Heineken is NOT considered a premium beer and most Dutch people wonder why the beer is so famous around the world.

They seem to sell Amstel a lot in Amsterdam. It’s not high end craft beer but it’s  good.