Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Islands close to Pattaya, current pulse

Derrick Longham

Wanted to see if anyone had been to the Islands near Pattaya recently such as Koh Samet, Koh Larn, Koh Phua, Koh Chang, etc.  

Do they currently have a pulse at night time and what type of scene is it for clubs,  pubs,  and beer bar place where you can grab a ST or LT. Any areas with GCs or Soi Six style entertainment?

For pubs and clubs do they have late closing times and i.e. somewhere to play pool to the early hours ehile watching football.

Girl side are they more BYO types of locations or is there the odd gold nugget out and about at night?

Foreign or local bangkok style weekenders, backpackers for non P4P options available too?

Lots of questions but thinking of breaking up the Pattaya trip with some sand and sun but don't want to do it chaste and Phuket doesn't quite do it for me anymore.

Any recent experience post this recent fucked up COVID period would be appreciated. 

Thankyou

I've only been to the first two. There is ZERO nightlife, at least in terms of lively bars, clubs, P4P etc. I can't imagine the other islands are any different. They must all be fairly quiet at the moment too, what with no Chinese tour groups taking over the Bali Hai pier?

Experts warn that a laptop can seriously damage your sperm....

Although in my experience, not as much as sperm can damage your laptop!

18 minutes ago, funky310 said:

I can't imagine the other islands are any different.

koh chang has an "ok" nightlife (aka beer bars). well, actually it had a great nightlife with wild parties until the early morning at lonely beach, but i don't think there's much action there. but there are beer bar areas at white sands and further south.

girls are certainly available, but don't expect any 21 year old stunners... (unless you get very very lucky). 

there are a few recent reports about koh chang, just use the search. 

Edited by petehoax
  • Like 2

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

Was at Koh Larn last week and BYO.  The bar area around Xanadu was totally empty.  I don't know about the other side of the island.

8 hours ago, funky310 said:

I've only been to the first two. There is ZERO nightlife, at least in terms of lively bars, clubs, P4P etc. I can't imagine the other islands are any different. They must all be fairly quiet at the moment too, what with no Chinese tour groups taking over the Bali Hai pier?

Thankyou the lack of Chinese is a plus I guess could you the perfect 1 or 2 night escape

7 hours ago, petehoax said:

koh chang has an "ok" nightlife (aka beer bars). well, actually it had a great nightlife with wild parties until the early morning at lonely beach, but i don't think there's much action there. but there are beer bar areas at white sands and further south.

girls are certainly available, but don't expect any 21 year old stunners... (unless you get very very lucky). 

there are a few recent reports about koh chang, just use the search. 

Thankyou, have been to Ko Chang years past and agree on Lonely beach it was definitely fun at night just jard to get to if youbwere staying at the other end of the island. Good to hear the beer bars haven't disappeared as it gives a bit of an option. 

Ko Chang is nice it's just a long trip getting there especially with a hangover. May prove to be the longer term option though.  

7 hours ago, Tingtong4Thai said:

Was at Koh Larn last week and BYO.  The bar area around Xanadu was totally empty.  I don't know about the other side of the island.

Thankyou, even though they were empty were the bars open at night I.e. if there was a late game on do you reckon they'd stay open?

No, the lights weren't even turned on.  The whole bar area next to the hotel was deserted.  The only activity was at the hotel restaurant and the few people who were there were couples or families.  Didn't see any single women.

• Like 1

Not an island, but Hua Hin might be worth a try. Some of Soi Bintabaht's bars have closed, but the new Wonderland beer bar complex on Soi 94 is open and there's always Thai Friendly.

A little further away but Koh Samui, Koh Phanang and Koh Tao are pretty good right now.

Lots of hottie foreign backpackers and local Thai women on the prowl.

Club/bar scene is pretty decent but nothing compared to Pattaya or Bkk.

Much more relaxed easy going vibe. 

19 hours ago, Derrick Longham said:

Wanted to see if anyone had been to the Islands near Pattaya recently such as Koh Samet, Koh Larn, Koh Phua, Koh Chang, etc.  

Do they currently have a pulse at night time and what type of scene is it for clubs,  pubs,  and beer bar place where you can grab a ST or LT. Any areas with GCs or Soi Six style entertainment?

For pubs and clubs do they have late closing times and i.e. somewhere to play pool to the early hours ehile watching football.

Girl side are they more BYO types of locations or is there the odd gold nugget out and about at night?

Foreign or local bangkok style weekenders, backpackers for non P4P options available too?

Lots of questions but thinking of breaking up the Pattaya trip with some sand and sun but don't want to do it chaste and Phuket doesn't quite do it for me anymore.

Any recent experience post this recent fucked up COVID period would be appreciated. 

Thankyou

Just back from a couple nights on Samed, it’s pretty busy but it’s very family friendly, our hotel was crowded and nearby restaurants busy enough. 
As for nightlife, well first night we were in a bar of a friend of a friend in god knows where and it was quiet, last night it was raining so didn’t get out too much, we stayed in mostly. 
Obviously it’s always best to take someone with you, if so I think you can have a good time there. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, briguy said:

Not an island, but Hua Hin might be worth a try. Some of Soi Bintabaht's bars have closed, but the new Wonderland beer bar complex on Soi 94 is open and there's always Thai Friendly.

Thankyou. What are the beaches like at Hua Hin?

8 hours ago, dickbandit said:

A little further away but Koh Samui, Koh Phanang and Koh Tao are pretty good right now.

Lots of hottie foreign backpackers and local Thai women on the prowl.

Club/bar scene is pretty decent but nothing compared to Pattaya or Bkk.

Much more relaxed easy going vibe. 

Love Samui and Pha Ngan these two have never disappointed and i like the club scene at Samui. Just a but of a pain to get to but there are plenty of flights just want to minimise the travel and transfers a bit.  Thankyou 

2 hours ago, Dr No said:

Just back from a couple nights on Samed, it’s pretty busy but it’s very family friendly, our hotel was crowded and nearby restaurants busy enough. 
As for nightlife, well first night we were in a bar of a friend of a friend in god knows where and it was quiet, last night it was raining so didn’t get out too much, we stayed in mostly. 
Obviously it’s always best to take someone with you, if so I think you can have a good time there. 

Thankyou.  Sounds like the Samed I know I've never been there without company but then it's also nice at times not to have company.  

9 hours ago, Derrick Longham said:

What are the beaches like at Hua Hin?

They don't have the hidden oasis look of an island retreat, but they're fine to lay out and swim, plus some of the nicer hotels have lovely pools right on the beach. I guess it's a tradeoff considering you don't have to get on a plane or ferry and can get there from Bangkok in two to three hours.

IMG_0784.JPG

IMG_0794.JPG

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/07/2022 at 05:54, briguy said:

They don't have the hidden oasis look of an island retreat, but they're fine to lay out and swim, plus some of the nicer hotels have lovely pools right on the beach. I guess it's a tradeoff considering you don't have to get on a plane or ferry and can get there from Bangkok in two to three hours.

IMG_0784.JPG

IMG_0794.JPG

They look nicer than Pattaya I guess not there with Ko Samui Chang or Samet though. Its a shame they closed the ferry it made the Pattaya to Hua Hin jaunt so much easier.