IGNORED

Personal transport

Marauder

I'm thinking about doing an ED visa and staying 1 year in Jomtien, and wondering about what to do about personal transport.

I would like to have my own, and am considering getting a thai license and buying a 125cc scooter.

In the age of new EV mobilty, are there any other options which don't require the licensing/registration route? Most of my trips would

just be 3-5 kilometers, so some sort of electric bike/vehicle which can travel on the road would probably do me just fine. Does anyone

have experience with some alternatives which work well and aren't crazy expensive? I am not looking for wheelchairs or golfcarts, but

something like an EV scooter which doesn't legally fall under the category which requires licensing/registration.

You can buy a bicycle with an electric motor to assist, perfect for short journeys. I have had an e-bike on hire in Thailand on multiday trips, worked fine.

Bicycle Thailand - Your cycling guide to the land of smiles will give you a start looking for dealers.

What about something like this?

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/-USA-EU-CN-Stock-2_60676406763.html?spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.normal_offer.d_image.66182ad9EP3SRX

I've seen these here in Europe, but they are of course limited to very low speeds.

I wouldn't mind if i could do 20-30km/h. Would they need to be registered and require

a license in Thailand?