IGNORED

lost old sim ,want a new sim with same number . is it possible?

i_love_3somes

my trip  is up next month , i had a true move sim card pre paid since several years ,  and i used to regularly extend its validity  (just recently did again). 

but now i some how cant find the sim card. is there a way possible to get a new sim card  with same number at any true move outlet  or its better to but a new one if there is hassles .  i will be 15 days in Thailand.

thanks in advance 

Should be able to, as its still 'current' (in credit and date valid). And you can provide the ID it is registered to.

I think it is possible if you know the carrier and all the information when you registered the card.

If not, start over.

thanks guys

if  i am right i think there is a true move desk at the exit point of the airport or there is in central mall pattaya .

will check with them . details given were my passport , so shouldn't be an issue

wonder if 7/11 still sells the 49B  sim cards

My phone was stolen in Vietnam a few years ago, on return to Suvarnabhumi I went to the DTAC desk, explained and offered my passport. New sim coded with existing number and confirmed the balance was still available.

• Like 2

Don't go the "new number" route until you have thoroughly thought through who you gave your existing number to. I'm thinking, in particular, of banks who might use it for OTPs (one time passwords). 

• Like 3

I lost my phone last week, and have had the same number for 25 years.

It is A.I.S., and they gave me the same number, but, for whatever reason, I needed a police report reporting it missing, along with my passport.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Realist said:

I lost my phone last week, and have had the same number for 25 years.

It is A.I.S., and they gave me the same number, but, for whatever reason, I needed a police report reporting it missing, along with my passport.

yes i had the same thing couple of years ago. police report needed. cost me 20 bht.

tip. go first thing in the morning to avoid a lengthy wait

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Realist said:

I have heard that.

Also, if you have the original sim carrier that your sim came in, the replacement goes easier.

But as Thai numbers are supposed to be registered, you should have it registered to your passport which means you can prove it is yours.

An important piece of info that they might ask you is the amount (and estimate date) of your last load.

• Like 1

thanks to all who took time and replied.

inputs have been helpful.

i do know the last recharge  of my sim as well as i remember that my passport was taken for proof. so none should be a issue to prove. 

just wont pursue if i have to file a police complain, waste of precious mongering  time  :)

If it's a true sim did you create an account on their website? https://iservice.truecorp.co.th/?ln=en

I can't remember but likely they send you an SMS to validate the number so you can't register now but there may still be a general support/chat feature available.

Chat might be able to advise you of the process for getting a new sim and if police reports etc are needed.

• Like 1

I had DTAC number for 10 yrs + card for

went back after covid and went DTAC in central, not possible to keep she said

it was expired, didnt ask why she could not give to me

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

The number gets recycled after a period of inactivity. 

Someone else probably has your old number now. 

2 hours ago, fostraswift said:

I had DTAC number for 10 yrs + card for

went back after covid and went DTAC in central, not possible to keep she said

it was expired, didnt ask why she could not give to me

22 minutes ago, Baddave said:

The number gets recycled after a period of inactivity. 

Someone else probably has your old number now. 

Not so 'inactivity' but expiration/no credit that causes termination (and possible subsequent reallocation of the phone #)

Recently I started getting notifications,  that I was out of credit. But that was impossible as I was just weeks into a years prepaid subscription. Data and calls.

(I had previously been just calls .. topping up with cards. I kept the same number when I went yearly prepaid. 

This is with AIS).

I went to the AIS shop in Terminal 21.  She was puzzled for while .. then said she would change the sim.

I was half a syllable into protesting ..... WTF .. I not want to change my number.

She said no problem. I can keep the same number.  The new sim sorted it. I guess they can programme some sims, to be any number.

I stopped getting annoying you are put of credit notifications and I kept my number.

Sorted.

Edited by Wingeing Pom
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, bungee said:

If it's a true sim did you create an account on their website? https://iservice.truecorp.co.th/?ln=en

I can't remember but likely they send you an SMS to validate the number so you can't register now but there may still be a general support/chat feature available.

Chat might be able to advise you of the process for getting a new sim and if police reports etc are needed.

i jsut cehcked and i have an account on true move

validity shows aug 22 and bal is visible too.\

but i visit Thailand 5 days after .

can i extend the validity thru the webite?

3 hours ago, Wingeing Pom said:

Recently I started getting notifications,  that I was out of credit. But that was impossible as I was just weeks into a years prepaid subscription. Data and calls.

(I had previously been just calls .. topping up with cards. I kept the same number when I went yearly prepaid. 

This is with AIS).

I went to the AIS shop in Terminal 21.  She was puzzled for while .. then said she would change the sim.

I was half a syllable into protesting ..... WTF .. I not want to change my number.

She said no problem. I can keep the same number.  The new sim sorted it. I guess they can programme some sims, to be any number.

I stopped getting annoying you are put of credit notifications and I kept my number.

Sorted.

in how long was the sim activated? 

17 minutes ago, i_love_3somes said:

in how long was the sim activated? 

and did they charge any thing for the new sim?

2 hours ago, i_love_3somes said:

i jsut cehcked and i have an account on true move

validity shows aug 22 and bal is visible too.\

but i visit Thailand 5 days after .

can i extend the validity thru the webite?

Yes you can top up on the true website https://iservice.truecorp.co.th/logged-in-top-up

You can also top up through Kasikorn bank online and maybe other banks have a similar feature.

• Like 1

i just logged in on true move, the online chat helped me thru and extended my validity for 180 days. so thats sorted

now just have to go to thailand and see if they give a new sim with same number ☺️

3 hours ago, i_love_3somes said:

and did they charge any thing for the new sim?

No charge for the new sim.

Because I guess it was a fault somewhere with the old sim they had supplied ... dunno.

Mass produced they must cost them pennies.

• Like 1

will post an update once i reach thailand and get my sim , will share my process. :ThankYou9:  again all BMs