Jump to content

Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | The Night Wish Group | Thailand 24/7 Forum | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News | | Pattaya Investigations | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

lost old sim ,want a new sim with same number . is it possible?


Recommended Posts

my trip  is up next month , i had a true move sim card pre paid since several years ,  and i used to regularly extend its validity  (just recently did again). 

but now i some how cant find the sim card. is there a way possible to get a new sim card  with same number at any true move outlet  or its better to but a new one if there is hassles .  i will be 15 days in Thailand.

thanks in advance 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Should be able to, as its still 'current' (in credit and date valid). And you can provide the ID it is registered to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it is possible if you know the carrier and all the information when you registered the card.

If not, start over.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

thanks guys

 if  i am right i think there is a true move desk at the exit point of the airport or there is in central mall pattaya .

 will check with them . details given were my passport , so shouldn't be an issue

Link to comment
Share on other sites

wonder if 7/11 still sells the 49B  sim cards

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My phone was stolen in Vietnam a few years ago, on return to Suvarnabhumi I went to the DTAC desk, explained and offered my passport. New sim coded with existing number and confirmed the balance was still available.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't go the "new number" route until you have thoroughly thought through who you gave your existing number to. I'm thinking, in particular, of banks who might use it for OTPs (one time passwords). 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I lost my phone last week, and have had the same number for 25 years.

It is A.I.S., and they gave me the same number, but, for whatever reason, I needed a police report reporting it missing, along with my passport.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Realist said:

I lost my phone last week, and have had the same number for 25 years.

It is A.I.S., and they gave me the same number, but, for whatever reason, I needed a police report reporting it missing, along with my passport.

yes i had the same thing couple of years ago. police report needed. cost me 20 bht.

tip. go first thing in the morning to avoid a lengthy wait

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Realist said:

It is A.I.S., and they gave me the same number, but, for whatever reason, I needed a police report reporting it missing, along with my passport.

I have heard that.

Also, if you have the original sim carrier that your sim came in, the replacement goes easier.

But as Thai numbers are supposed to be registered, you should have it registered to your passport which means you can prove it is yours.

An important piece of info that they might ask you is the amount (and estimate date) of your last load.

 

  • Like 1

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

thanks to all who took time and replied.

 inputs have been helpful.

 i do know the last recharge  of my sim as well as i remember that my passport was taken for proof. so none should be a issue to prove. 

 

 just wont pursue if i have to file a police complain, waste of precious mongering  time  :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If it's a true sim did you create an account on their website? https://iservice.truecorp.co.th/?ln=en

I can't remember but likely they send you an SMS to validate the number so you can't register now but there may still be a general support/chat feature available.

Chat might be able to advise you of the process for getting a new sim and if police reports etc are needed.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had DTAC number for 10 yrs + card for

went back after covid and went DTAC in central, not possible to keep she said

it was expired, didnt ask why she could not give to me

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The number gets recycled after a period of inactivity. 

 

Someone else probably has your old number now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, fostraswift said:

I had DTAC number for 10 yrs + card for

went back after covid and went DTAC in central, not possible to keep she said

it was expired, didnt ask why she could not give to me

 

22 minutes ago, Baddave said:

The number gets recycled after a period of inactivity. 

 

Someone else probably has your old number now. 

Not so 'inactivity' but expiration/no credit that causes termination (and possible subsequent reallocation of the phone #)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Recently I started getting notifications,  that I was out of credit. But that was impossible as I was just weeks into a years prepaid subscription. Data and calls.

(I had previously been just calls .. topping up with cards. I kept the same number when I went yearly prepaid. 

This is with AIS).

I went to the AIS shop in Terminal 21.  She was puzzled for while .. then said she would change the sim.

I was half a syllable into protesting ..... WTF .. I not want to change my number.

She said no problem. I can keep the same number.  The new sim sorted it. I guess they can programme some sims, to be any number.

I stopped getting annoying you are put of credit notifications and I kept my number.

Sorted.

 

Edited by Wingeing Pom
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, bungee said:

If it's a true sim did you create an account on their website? https://iservice.truecorp.co.th/?ln=en

I can't remember but likely they send you an SMS to validate the number so you can't register now but there may still be a general support/chat feature available.

Chat might be able to advise you of the process for getting a new sim and if police reports etc are needed.

i jsut cehcked and i have an account on true move

 validity shows aug 22 and bal is visible too.\

 but i visit Thailand 5 days after .

can i extend the validity thru the webite?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Wingeing Pom said:

Recently I started getting notifications,  that I was out of credit. But that was impossible as I was just weeks into a years prepaid subscription. Data and calls.

(I had previously been just calls .. topping up with cards. I kept the same number when I went yearly prepaid. 

This is with AIS).

I went to the AIS shop in Terminal 21.  She was puzzled for while .. then said she would change the sim.

I was half a syllable into protesting ..... WTF .. I not want to change my number.

She said no problem. I can keep the same number.  The new sim sorted it. I guess they can programme some sims, to be any number.

I stopped getting annoying you are put of credit notifications and I kept my number.

Sorted.

 

in how long was the sim activated? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, i_love_3somes said:

in how long was the sim activated? 

and did they charge any thing for the new sim?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, i_love_3somes said:

i jsut cehcked and i have an account on true move

 validity shows aug 22 and bal is visible too.\

 but i visit Thailand 5 days after .

can i extend the validity thru the webite?

Yes you can top up on the true website https://iservice.truecorp.co.th/logged-in-top-up

You can also top up through Kasikorn bank online and maybe other banks have a similar feature.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i just logged in on true move, the online chat helped me thru and extended my validity for 180 days. so thats sorted

 now just have to go to thailand and see if they give a new sim with same number ☺️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, i_love_3somes said:

and did they charge any thing for the new sim?

No charge for the new sim.

Because I guess it was a fault somewhere with the old sim they had supplied ... dunno.

Mass produced they must cost them pennies.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

will post an update once i reach thailand and get my sim , will share my process. :ThankYou9:  again all BMs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share



  • COVID-19

    Any posts or topics which the moderation team deems to be rumours/speculatiom, conspiracy theory, scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed - as will BMs repeatedly doing so. Existing rules also apply.

  • Advertise on Pattaya Addicts
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Our picks

    • For those that don't know, I did Friday meetings before many years ago,  I feel like we are missing a regular meeting for members,  I am aware guys meet at PA affiliated bars. But I want to start meeting people again, I'm inviting the guys following my YouTube also.

      The meetings is a chance to get to meet each other,  I plan to be at every meeting, I also have Dean from Dive bar that has offered to help out with a crawl after.
      The meetings will be  Monday  6 pm - 8 pm each week.  (The improvised bar crawl will commence at 8 p.m.  Dean will make his own plans for that.)

      Due to low numbers of people in town, I will start the meetings in our bars to help our girls and managers, please check back often incase things are changed.  I will be sharing the love around town later, but Soi 6 is first on my list (including bars that are friendly competition)   
      If bar owners want us to have a meeting at their bar,  they need to have a minimum of 10 girls.  I'm not dragging people to empty bars for favours.
      Please help us invite other members, it takes a while to get momentum.
      Monday 6 pm - 8pm  (then bar crawl after)
      21st March - Playpen Soi 6
      28th March - Night wish bar Soi 6
      4th April - Toy Box bar Soi 6
      11th April - Repent Soi 6
      18th April - where angels play Soi 6
      25th April -  (next bar we have open)

      2nd May - (next bar we have open)
      9th May - Cooters bar soi 6 
      16th May - Hot shots bar Soi 6
      23rd May - (next bar we have open)
      30th of May - Lust soi 6 
      6th of June - Illuzion
      13th of June - (next bar we have open)

      I look forward to meeting people again.
      • 115 replies
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.