IGNORED

Best hotels in the heart of the action

Nuffsaid

I'm interested in staying at hotels that are in the middle of or right next to the major night life spots, i.e WS, Lk, Soi 6. What would be the best recommendations, especially for for WS?

Normally I place comfort/ quiet a little above location, but really interested to try something new. And as a younger ( ish) guy that enjoys all the late night club hopping, I want to try hotels right in the mix.

I'll try the same thing in Bangkok too and already have a few a hotels on the list.

not many people stay actually on WS, especially during the last 2 years... 

but p72 was a somewhat popular choice (for the few guys that really wanted to stay there). 

most will be in the LK Metro area. if you want a specific focus on WS, then stay either in the soi 13 area or probably better, stay somewhere on soi 10 (Page 10 hotel, sea me hotels) or directly on beach road (lk empress etc). all these places are a 3min baht bus ride away from WS and at the same time you're much closer to LK Metro / tree town / buakhaow etc. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

Yes you're probably right. I just like the idea of waking up on say Soi 15 and being right in the action. 

Seen YouTube videos on guys in rooms right above Lk. That also intrigues me.

It's probably one of those things that get old fast... Then eventually going back to the nicer more comfortable hotel a few minutes away.

I like The Metropole - always stay there for at least part of each visit :)

LK/ Soi 15 is the most central you can get. There is a baht bus on Soi Buakhao to WS. Baht bus on 2nd Road to Soi 6. Walk to LK area.

• Like 2

Got it got it. Has anyone LITERALLY stayed on one of these soi: Lk, WS, 6? Care to share the experience?

11 minutes ago, Nuffsaid said:

Got it got it. Has anyone LITERALLY stayed on one of these soi: Lk, WS, 6? Care to share the experience?

My first visit in 2014 had me staying above the Metro Bar on LK next door to Paradise and across from Destiny. Needless to say for three weeks I did not get to sleep to the wee small hours every day :D

Still, the accommodation was fine and perfectly located for the area, BB to Soi 6 and BB to WS.

The hotels I have used have always been central around LKM, Soi 10,Honey and Diana and if it was in my price bracket I would have tried the Hilton. My info is a bit dated as my last trip was 2018 so cannot comment on the current state of any hotel particularly as my last trips were all spent at Boomerang Guesthouse which was better than any hotel, sadly now no more it has given it's name to Soi Boomerang and is currently Naughty Girls gentleman's club.

• Like 2

home_1.jpgAbout Us

Copy-of-Copy-of-Hotel-Made-with-PosterMyWall.jpgTHE Queen VICTORIA INN

The Queen Victoria Inn of Pattaya is a private hotel/guesthouse which is owned and managed by husband and wife team, Vic & Jane.
Established in 2001, and having gone from strength to strength, we have celebrated over 20 years of providing a high quality service to our customers, many of whom return to stay with us on each trip to Thailand.
As an English style pub we can offer you food from 9am until late at night. We now have 33 rooms.

This is the hotel of choice in Soi Sex for the famous and versatile monger Vessey. Check some of his trip reports.Copy-of-Copy-of-Hotel-Made-with-PosterMyWall.jpg.

Hmm ok, I'll definitely try P72 for WS. Queen Victoria INN for Soi 6. And.. random upstairs room above bar for LK. Thanks guys!

I understand I won't be able to sleep until the dawn due to noise. But, normal for me to be out at the club anyway 

In Bangkok I really enjoy all the 5 star hotels available. It's amazing to planing out your day in comfort and luxury with beautiful views -- all at a reasonable rate.

In Pattaya I'm so rarely in my room that anything above 2500 baht is truly wasted. My next trip there it's all about location for hotel

1 hour ago, Nuffsaid said:

Yes you're probably right. I just like the idea of waking up on say Soi 15 and being right in the action. 

before you consider Soi 15 (which is a long soi) you should read the thread in this section about the drainage works and their current location. the topic starts with ALERT.

Edited by striderman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Ive stayed at the Rockhouse, I Rovers, Secrets (now shut down) and Queen Vic on Soi 6 

cant complain about any of them and all in the heart of the action

I used to always stay on WS on my early trips.  Grand hotel, W14 the old Vault, etc.  I don't do the Go-Go scene anymore, so I no longer stay in the area.

The pluses are obviously being close to the action.  Having all those Go-Gos just outside your door makes it easier to pop out and go visit them.  When your hotel is farther away, sometimes you get lazy and decide not to head down to WS because it's a hassle.  Also, the discos are so close that there's no reason not to drop by to take a look at least.

There are lots of minuses as well.  In general you will be paying more for the location.  And you will be missing a ton of amenities that you can get in other areas.  During the day, everything on WS is dead.  Because of the high rent in the area, you don't get the small shops and restaurants that make most of Thailand so convenient.  You get some food carts at night, but all the sit down restaurants are priced for tourists.

13 hours ago, Nuffsaid said:

Seen YouTube videos on guys in rooms right above Lk. That also intrigues me.

LK is fine. 
WS is completely dead during the day and there's really nothing to do there... not many food / massage / coffe options etc.
on top of that it's (slightly) annoying to get there and get from there with the mototaxis normally asking double the normal rate. 

12 hours ago, striderman said:

before you consider Soi 15 (which is a long soi) you should read the thread in this section about the drainage works and their current location. the topic starts with ALERT.

i think OP was thinking of Soi 15 on WS , and not the one that's getting torn up at the moment... but who knows. but that's how i understood it from context. 

imho: there's simply no difference imho between having to walk 50m or 200m, it's all so close together... stay anywhere adjacent to LK Metro and you're fine. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

10 hours ago, Richmond72 said:

I used to always stay on WS on my early trips.  Grand hotel, W14 the old Vault, etc.  I don't do the Go-Go scene anymore, so I no longer stay in the area.

The pluses are obviously being close to the action.  Having all those Go-Gos just outside your door makes it easier to pop out and go visit them.  When your hotel is farther away, sometimes you get lazy and decide not to head down to WS because it's a hassle.  Also, the discos are so close that there's no reason not to drop by to take a look at least.

There are lots of minuses as well.  In general you will be paying more for the location.  And you will be missing a ton of amenities that you can get in other areas.  During the day, everything on WS is dead.  Because of the high rent in the area, you don't get the small shops and restaurants that make most of Thailand so convenient.  You get some food carts at night, but all the sit down restaurants are priced for tourists.

Exactly! And on days I am club hopping and st- timing agogo girls I sleep all day anyway.

8 hours ago, petehoax said:

LK is fine. 
WS is completely dead during the day and there's really nothing to do there...

It definitely wouldn't be a 2 week stay on WS. It's more the days I want to go hard on WS clubs and agogo. The inconveniences of the day time scene are non issues if you don't sleep till 8 am lol.

While LK and soi 6 are certainly busy, most people don't usually have all-nighters on them. And everyone seems to be in agreement they're more convenient for day time movement so I think switching it up will be essential every few days .

i think OP was thinking of Soi 15 on WS 

Yup
imho: there's simply no difference imho between having to walk 50m or 200m, it's all so close together... stay anywhere adjacent to LK Metro and you're fine. 

Haha! Well..

Did you ever watch the movie Harold and Kumar? There is a scene when both guys leave there apartment and walk down the hall (about 20 m). One of them realizes they forgot something important. The guys debate for awhile but ultimately decide that they have gone to far ( again about 20 m) and won't be walking back.

I'm like that a lot of times

Appreciate the response.

On 24/07/2022 at 10:17, Nuffsaid said:

In Bangkok I really enjoy all the 5 star hotels available. It's amazing to planing out your day in comfort and luxury with beautiful views -- all at a reasonable rate.

In Pattaya I'm so rarely in my room that anything above 2500 baht is truly wasted. My next trip there it's all about location for hotel

I would go as far as anything over 1000 baht a night for a room in Pattaya is over priced. 

I know there are some nice hotels available at over 1k baht a night but you can find plenty of adequate rooms for 1k and under you more or less wasting money if you spending more than 1k

Last trip I stayed in a condo at Grand Avenue Condominium and I was paying less than 1k a night and I had a bed room closed off a seperate living room area and a kitchen in the room 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

D hotel for me; great facilities, good price and right on Soi Buakhao next to everything you need; well located in between Soi 6, LK Metro and Soi Bongkot too all of which are 5 mins - 10 mins away

• Like 2

I recently stayed at chaba hut resort. I loved it. If you can get over the fact that it is an old resort with old furniture and old everything it is amazing. 

1500 baht gets you one of their 2 room villas footsteps to the pool.  It's a massive space and it's own building.

it's an oasis that is quiet in the room at night while still being 15 meters to buakhao and 40 meters to treetown

sadly they don't use Agoda so it's a pain in the ass to book. 

100% the big building is crap even at 600 baht a night unless you have a ground floor patio room. 

but still very relaxed old school resort overall i highly recommend but certainly not for everyone.

47 minutes ago, youngexpat said:

I recently stayed at chaba hut resort. I loved it. If you can get over the fact that it is an old resort with old furniture and old everything it is amazing. 

1500 baht gets you one of their 2 room villas footsteps to the pool.  It's a massive space and it's own building.

it's an oasis that is quiet in the room at night while still being 15 meters to buakhao and 40 meters to Treetown

sadly they don't use Agoda so it's a pain in the ass to book. 

100% the big building is crap even at 600 baht a night unless you have a ground floor patio room. 

but still very relaxed old school resort overall i highly recommend but certainly not for everyone.

I stayed there a couple times. I agree old style. I liked it. Convenient location. I took some friends there (first time in Thailand). They refused to stay there. 😂 I haven’t been back since. There are just too many nice affordable options in Pattaya.

On 25/07/2022 at 09:25, Tuna Town said:

I would go as far as anything over 1000 baht a night for a room in Pattaya is over priced. 

I know there are some nice hotels available at over 1k baht a night but you can find plenty of adequate rooms for 1k and under you more or less wasting money if you spending more than 1k

Last trip I stayed in a condo at Grand Avenue Condominium and I was paying less than 1k a night and I had a bed room closed off a seperate living room area and a kitchen in the room 

I stayed at Grand a couple of times. Nice new condo but some say it is cheaply made. Good enough for me. Excellent location. I generally stay in condos now. Around 500-600 baht on a monthly deal (but you can find many condos around there for that price).

9 hours ago, hioctane said:

I stayed at Grand a couple of times. Nice new condo but some say it is cheaply made. Good enough for me. Excellent location. I generally stay in condos now. Around 500-600 baht on a monthly deal (but you can find many condos around there for that price).

Yeah never really done that or Airbnb. I'm willing to try. Like I said, as long as it's right in the mix; that's the main factor. But, condos definitely have their own list of pros and cons.