IGNORED

Hops Brewhouse

tobeornottobe

What do you guys think of this place. I like going in for the wheat beer at least once during a Trip 

Decent for beer, not impressed with the food/service.

There is another place, called seelands, near Jomtiem, doing decent wheat beers.

I have been to Hops Brewhouse (7/10) and Seelands (5/10)

I prefer Hops.

Once every other month is good for me.

Edited add on:

The food really salty at Seelands and I ordered a beer taster (or so I thought) and they stupid waitress brought me 10 full beers.  WTF!  

I was alone, so she should have understood what I wanted.

I pointed to the 4 beer taster and she insisted the 10 beer option was better for me.

I blame myself too......LOL

Edited by LASportsNut

13 hours ago, tobeornottobe said:

What do you guys think of this place. I like going in for the wheat beer at least once during a Trip 

They used to pretend they brewed on the premises, not sure if they still do that, but good beer all the same if a little pricey

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, LASportsNut said:

I have been to Hops Brewhouse (7/10) and Seelands (5/10)

I prefer Hops.

Once every other month is good for me.

Edited add on:

The food really salty at Seelands and I ordered a beer taster (or so I thought) and they stupid waitress brought me 10 full beers.  WTF!  

I was alone, so she should have understood what I wanted.

I pointed to the 4 beer taster and she insisted the 10 beer option was better for me.

I blame myself too......LOL

That location where Seeland is has had a fortune spent on it over the years, no one has ever done well there.

Seelands look like they have spent a ton of money on it, hope it works out. Would not have been my location choice

2 minutes ago, splitpin said:

That location where Seeland is has had a fortune spent on it over the years, no one has ever done well there.

Seelands look like they have spent a ton of money on it, hope it works out. Would not have been my location choice

I agree. I want it to do well too.

I will go back another time once they work out the kinks.

To be honest not at all impressed with their beer or the selection...expected a lot more this trip.  Their menu however seemed fairly large and impressive...but I did not partake as I was underwhelmed by the beverages available.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, splitpin said:

They used to pretend they brewed on the premises, not sure if they still do that, but good beer all the same if a little pricey

They did brew their beer onsite-I knew the German guy that was the brewer but he sadly passed away a few months ago, a lovely chap, so not sure if they are still brewing. 

1 hour ago, jimboh said:

They did brew their beer onsite-I knew the German guy that was the brewer but he sadly passed away a few months ago, a lovely chap, so not sure if they are still brewing. 

Nope sorry, he told everyone that.

How was it even possible to brew there? What did they brew in it? lol not in those copper tanks behind the bar for sure they were connected to nothing, no vents even.

Think logically about it. No cellar, very narrow building, so nothing on the side, 2nd floor was more dining space.

The smell of brewing hops would have been all over Pattaya beach area, you are talking about tons of ingredients to make the amount of beer they were selling. Where did they store that stuff?

1698865cda9f43dc90ce9297a10453dd.webp

• 5 months later...

Went in for the first time ever on Thursday with my regular and I dressed up by wearing a collared shirt 😁 ! It's a big place for sure on 2 floors but was already pretty full by 7 pm with locals, tourists/expats and a lot of couples. All dark wood fittings and subdued lighting. A wide range of food and drinks including German wheat beer. You could get a 3 litre glass for 1K baht (which came with smaller glasses and a ladle). I had a .5 glass. 4 beers, a pizza and assorted seafood dishes cost about 1.3k. A different more 'up market' experience in Pattaya for sure, a bit like going into Shenanigans for an upscale Irish pub experience. I can't say I'd be going every week but certainly a differnt and decent night out and the regular enjoyed it.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, wickedd said:

Still no wifi here?

If you mean on Hops then most that frequent the establishment can afford a data plan which effectively mean there are very limited need for a free wifi

3 minutes ago, Kandinski said:

If you mean on Hops then most that frequent the establishment can afford a data plan which effectively mean there are very limited need for a free wifi

Interesting take on a simple question

• 4 months later...

Pics from my 2022 trip. Food & beer were good across the board, will return. 

IMG_0566.jpeg

IMG_0568.jpeg

IMG_0571.jpeg

IMG_0575.jpeg

IMG_0576.jpeg

IMG_0577.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chirockr said:

IMG_0566.jpeg

IMG_0568.jpeg

IMG_0571.jpeg

IMG_0575.jpeg

IMG_0576.jpeg

IMG_0577.jpeg

The place does amazingly well, nice vibe to it. Did you leave a tip after the nearly b300 you already paid, I never know what to do in these situations, I bet the staff never see that

20 minutes ago, splitpin said:

Did you leave a tip after the nearly b300 you already paid, I never know what to do in these situations, I bet the staff never see that

Sometimes conflicted about this as well. Especially if additional charges wasn't super clear from the menu. But usually do add a tip. I'm guessing the service charge does indeed go to the staff. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

2 hours ago, chirockr said:

IMG_0566.jpeg

IMG_0568.jpeg

IMG_0571.jpeg

IMG_0575.jpeg

IMG_0576.jpeg

IMG_0577.jpeg

Not hammering you on this.  Just getting statements from the BM's.

I noticed they are charging tax on the service charge?

Is that normal?

Shouldn't it be tax on the food amount.

Then service charge on the food amount.

Then add all three?

Then the rounding is BS too.... 

3 hours ago, LASportsNut said:

I noticed they are charging tax on the service charge?

Is that normal?

I didn't know this either, but the service charge is subject to the VAT. 

https://www.grantthornton.global/en/insights/indirect-tax-guide/indirect-tax---Thailand/

As you probably know, you can get the VAT back when you leave Thailand, although I have never bothered.

A 65 satang round-up isn't something they make much money on I'm sure.  You'd think they'd round it DOWN because they don't have to keep all that fookin' shrapnel around!

• Like 1

Working at getting laid in Pattaya is like working at drowning at the bottom of the ocean.  If you want to get the most out of Pattaya, take the chicks for granted, and enjoy life like you would on any other holiday.

Preface:  We haven't been to Hops since before COVID, so I can't speak for what it's been like since.  Unfortunately, my friend Tim, who was the brewmaster there, has passed away in the interim too.

Hops (formerly Hopf) is a long time favorite of ours.  Very good food, great atmosphere.  

One of our favorite things is the Italian deli toward the back.  Cheeses and Italian cold meats for appetizer, yum.  Beers are very good, brewed on premises.

If it's still what it was pre-COVID, highly recommended.  

• Like 2

Working at getting laid in Pattaya is like working at drowning at the bottom of the ocean.  If you want to get the most out of Pattaya, take the chicks for granted, and enjoy life like you would on any other holiday.

Decent beer and food,

nice ambience when the old guy sings,

always enjoy after a day on Soi 6 on my way to Walking Street:Laugh1:

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...