IGNORED

New Hyatt property - Andaz

Luv2Phuket

I was on Hyatt's website today and was surprised to see that a new Hyatt property is scheduled to open in Jomtien in the 3rd quarter of this year - the Andaz.

Unfortunately, the property website lists and address and map link that is invalid.

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/thailand/andaz-pattaya-jomtien-beach/utpaz

I'm pretty clueless about Jomtien as a whole, but I think it is/will be in Na Jomtien.  Maybe down by the Renaissance?

Anybody else hear/see/know anything about this property?

I think it's too far south for my tastes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

i had a quick search it is na jomtien past the far end of jomtien beach rd. it does not look like it is actually on the beach though it is close. na jomtien Soi 6. it is way before the ocean marina but still looks pretty tricky to reach without transport

don't ask me to do links, turning the computer off and on is near my limit. but i found a site www.cvent.com  which both shows it on a map plus satellite option. it is deffo not on the beach. neither is it jomtien, it's na-jomtien.

i don't think Hyatt web site will be too keen on providing that info in such detail

Edited by striderman
  • Like 2

I had a look around facebook, and there is a few construction pics.

293082789_1103630147245024_3469014758530533630_n.thumb.jpg.1aff83423cd745826de7472366d6907b.jpg

Edited by Leo_Bia

I love how the Hyatt site’s map shows it’s in the middle of the ocean, I’d definitely want to stay here for a night or two if that was true lol

I do not see any way this place is opening "3rd Quarter of 2022"...especially given that we are ALREADY IN the 3rd Quarter of 2022! 5555

How much later than original estimates did the Courtyard Marriott in Naklua open?

• 1 year later...

Figured this deserved a bump. I think the property has been open since Jan 2023. Looks like some quick reviews from flyertalk is that it is a great property and friendly staff but there have been some speedbumps as the property gets off the ground. Restaurants seems to be reviewed well but the breakfast service has some mixed reviews.

Clearly not a great choice if you plan on hitting up the gogos and bars nightly. But right now it is a Cat3 and reasonable points wise (offpeak-9k, semipeak(?)-12k, peak-15k).  Cash rate seems pretty high (maybe because I'm looking at dates only a month out) at like 9k THB a night. 

Anyone stay? 

I'm thinking about using my free night cert and some points to stay a few nights. Go with a llt, maybe go to the gogos/bars one night then spend the rest there. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, hillshillshills510 said:

Clearly not a great choice if you plan on hitting up the gogos and bars nightly. But right now it is a Cat3 and reasonable points wise (offpeak-9k, semipeak(?)-12k, peak-15k).  Cash rate seems pretty high (maybe because I'm looking at dates only a month out) at like 9k THB a night. 

Anyone stay? 

I'm thinking about using my free night cert and some points to stay a few nights. Go with a llt, maybe go to the gogos/bars one night then spend the rest there. 

It is WAY the fuck outta town -- I clocked on Google maps and it was 20+ km and a 30 minute drive from Central Festival.  My guess is that it is longer with traffic.

That said, it could be a good "1 or 2 ngiht getaway," as you suggest.

On 31/07/2023 at 15:09, Luv2Phuket said:

It is WAY the fuck outta town -- I clocked on Google maps and it was 20+ km and a 30 minute drive from Central Festival.  My guess is that it is longer with traffic.

That said, it could be a good "1 or 2 ngiht getaway," as you suggest.

Welp booked for 3 nights (although  need to confirm the last 2 nights happened as my globalist friend booked it and it hasn't shown up on my hyatt account yet). 

Will let you guys know what I think. 

Looks good - thanks for posting!

• 2 weeks later...

So stayed last week at the property. Managed to book the same weekend as Thai Mother's Day. Apparently the property was fully booked so not much in the way of upgrades. 

Overall lovely property. Everything is pretty spread out. I stayed on the opposite side of the property from the beach but it was probably just a 5 minute walk. I think as the landscaping matures it'll be great as the trees will provide more shade. 

Definitely oriented at families (although I'm fairly sure I saw a couple guys with some LLTs and another group heading out to party). The pools were all heated. All the restaurants are decent. Tad pricey compared to say Pattaya but I'd say not bad for an Andaz property. Breakfast was probably the only time it felt busy on the property and maybe sunset down by beach/ beach pool (but it really wasn't that packed plenty of space to play in the pool). They do offer some activities on property but didn't do the best job of advertising it. 

Service was friendly but I'd say not as on point as Andaz Tokyo (only other Andaz property I've stayed). But I would put it above Hilton Pattaya (but it might be because I spent more time on property interacting with staff at the Andaz). 

The room was nice. Quite large almost unnecessarily so. No dedicated "desk" space with power outlet was kind of annoying. I stayed in two rooms and each had some quirks to work through. Like unresponsive light switches or low pressure/heat shower. Bed was quite nice though.   

Getting into Pattaya proper wasn't actually as bad as anticipated. I think we hit traffic twice once on Mother's day night and then Monday afternoon. No traffic it was still 20-30 mins to/from Central. It was about ~200THB for Bolt. 

I wouldn't go out of my way to travel and stay there but I'd stay there again next time I head to Pattaya (granted I'm not trying to barfine nightly that would change the equation). 

• Like 2